Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    My thoughts are that it will be politicized by both groups. What else is new? I’m not saying that I side with either party but the terrorist will be shipped to gitmo, The Republicans will claim a win and the Democrats will use this incident to somehow blame Trump

I don't think you get to criticize other people for politicizing something you just politicized.
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

It's sad and it's scary. After Vegas, another reason to avoid public places. Two weeks ago, I was jacking the box while I waited for me order and this drunk or deranged guy starts ranting in a loud voice because he didn't like the way the cashier was or something. Anyway, he is wearing camo and starts swearing and eventually drops something unintelligible except the words Las Vegas. People are freaking out and I went to my car. They also called security and got him to leave.

I hate the feeling that it could just happen anywhere because someone is so moved. All off you saying we should just holocaust Muslims are way off base. There are a billion of them and definitely not all are out attacking innocent people. Vegas shooter wasn't Muslim was he? So focusing on Muslims or just bearded people is not going to stop someone who has reached the point where they are ready to die and kill others as they go.
    You're missing the common element in all violence: humans. Ban them.

Or get serious about stopping murder and violence by preventing people from falling into the hopeless, angry and isolated place where violence is the only way they can be seen and heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by that dude who did that thing View Post
    I don't think you get to criticize other people for politicizing something you just politicized.
    I don't think you get to criticize someone criticizing the politicizing of the politicized.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Or get serious about stopping murder and violence by preventing people from falling into the hopeless, angry and isolated place where violence is the only way they can be seen and heard.

This was done in the name of religious extremism. Nothing to do with depression.

We still don't know why the Vegas shooter did what he did.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Oooooohkay. I am a nobody who is making an observation. I think that I can do that whenever I want

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Oooooohkay. I am a nobody who is making an observation. I think that I can do that whenever I want
    You're right, of course. You can do that, you just can't do that without other people reaching a conclusion about your sincerity that you may not like.
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    I don't think you get to criticize someone criticizing the politicizing of the politicized.

This was done in the name of religious extremism. Nothing to do with depression.

We still don't know why the Vegas shooter did what he did.
    I'm not sure who you're responding to. I never said depressed.

I don't know how to dialogue with you unless I am sure you are listening to what I say. I'll try again if you want or you can re-read my post. Just let me know.

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

preventing people from falling into the hopeless, angry and isolated place where violence is the only way they can be seen and heard.
    Sounds a lot like depression, but maybe that's not what you meant.

Regardless, I don't think the jihadist that conducted this act of terror, falls into the category you are describing.

Maybe the Vegas shooter did. Still don't have a motive 30 days after.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    That’s Brooklyn Bridge.
    There are very narrow paths of bike and pedestrian lanes and most tourists are oblivious where they are standing.
    Handful of people commute via bicycle from Brooklyn to Manhattan on daily basis and slow walking, not paying attention tourists do get on their nerves sooner or later.
    That guy was actually nice about it.
    I saw some pretty nasty cyclists.

Sounds a lot like depression, but maybe that's not what you meant.

Regardless, I don't think the jihadist that conducted this act of terror, falls into the category you are describing.

Maybe the Vegas shooter did. Still don't have a motive 30 days after.
    Thanks for the second look.

He may have been depressed. I would never say that's the motive. It's my belief that loneliness, hopelessness and anger are prerequisites for murder.

When you call the attacker a jihadist, it sounds to me like you are satisfied that his nominal religion was the motive. If I have that right, can you tell me the next logical step from there that will prevent Vegas or any of the other 280+ mass shootings in the US this year or even will stop this truck attack?

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Home depot slogan.

“You can do it. We can help.”

Just Sayin
    I'm going to Hell, with you. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

The crazy Jihadists did claim the Vegas tragedy, almost immediately.

With access to live events around the world people draw conclusions to early based on false/partial information and it's spread as fact. A couple swinging dicks with differing opinions get in an argument and said facts can be "proven" with a couple clicks and some copy and pasting. The privileged people with access to live information can then spread their agenda to their peer group as proven and the segregation begins.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Killer was yelling aloha snackbar. Workplace violence?
    He probably wasn't allowed to PURCHASE guns. His second amendment right was infringed upon. DO SOMETHING!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

When you call the attacker a jihadist, it sounds to me like you are satisfied that his nominal religion was the motive. If I have that right, can you tell me the next logical step from there that will prevent Vegas or any of the other 280+ mass shootings in the US this year or even will stop this truck attack?
    I don't think there is any law, that will stop a motivated killer.

There have been 27 "mass shootings" since Vegas, so we need to further define those.

Half of those "mass shootings" no one died.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    He probably wasn't allowed to PURCHASE guns. His second amendment right was infringed upon. DO SOMETHING!
    The jihadist did not use a firearm. He used a high capacity military style assault vehicle to maim & kill. How are firearms even relevant to the situation/discussion?

RIP victims, and all the best to their families, loved ones and friends

This thread sucks

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post

This thread sucks
    Yes, it does.
    In so many ways.

There have been 27 "mass shootings" since Vegas, so we need to further define those.

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post

This thread sucks
    by way of agreeing, let me say I don’t have much hope that this thread will solve this problem unless people want to focus on how to prevent violence. I believe there are things we can do and it’s not helpful to use facile explanations like "muslims did it" or tautologies like "any motivated killer is going to find a way to kill”

I don't think there is any law, that will stop a motivated killer.

So, if someone is shot but doesn't die, that doesn't harm them? You ever had a piece of metal violently enter your body?

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    The jihadist did not use a firearm. He used a high capacity military style assault vehicle to maim & kill. How are firearms even relevant to the situation/discussion?
    He used fake guns. Maybe he was unable to legally purchase real guns?

Cmon, gun lover, stand up for his second amendment right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    So, if someone is shot but doesn't die, that doesn't harm them? You ever had a piece of metal violently enter your body?
    Where did I say that? I've also never been shot. What's your point?

I don't think this mass shooting, is the same as the Vegas mass shooting. Do you?

Both this and Vegas counted as a mass shooting for this year.

Apparently he had been working as an Uber driver.

Which requires somewhat more of a background check than buying a gun.

Which is fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I kinda think it's the internet's fault. In two ways: The first is that we are aware of everything fucked up that happens in a real-time way we never were before, so it seems like a constant stream of bad news. The other way is that this immediacy actually encourages people to act crazy because they know everyone will hear about it.

And that totally leaves out the echo-chamber business of constantly getting reinforcement of your crazy beliefs from other crazies around the internet so it seems like you're not as alone and insane as you actually must be to go an a killing spree.

I'd be curious to see stats that track mass killings with the growth of internet access (and maybe Facebook?) Maybe this is a totally bananas theory and it's the same as it's always been, I have no numbers to point at so it definitely could be.

jgb@etree Guest

Cmon, gun lover stand up for his second amendment right.
    Again, I don't see how firearms have ANYTHING to do with this event, even if you'd REALLY, REALLY like it to be all about guns.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/01/tech...eck/index.html

The jihadist was able to get a drivers license and also passed a background check to become an uber driver, so it stands to reason that he would have likely passed the background check for a firearm as well.

https://help.uber.com/h/6970e704-95a...5-e779a86db366

You've droned on ad nauseam about the "easy" access/availability of guns, yet this guy still decided to use a high capacity military style attack truck to kill people. Really makes you wonder.