Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    The colorway is better than the highlighter but still not great.

Does anyone know if there is any other difference between this season model and the previous one beside the hinged tongue (and the colour)?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Am I the only fan of the highlighter yellow?
    I’m all about the obnoxiously bright yellow!

Saw a pair the 1.0 version for ridiculously cheap at the end of last season and figured, what the hell? Modded them up a bit as I’m mainly riding lifts, and while I only got a few runs on them, I liked them. Added the DRI insert a few weeks ago (they were a little soft in the soft setting and too brick wall-ish for me in hard) and am excited to give them a run out this season. The only bitch is that BSL is a lot shorter than my other boots (26.5 = 307 in Dalbello and 300 in Roxa), so they won’t work in some of my setups. First world problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post

Saw a pair the 1.0 version for ridiculously cheap at the end of last season and figured, what the hell? Modded them up a bit as I’m mainly riding lifts, and while I only got a few runs on them, I liked them. Added the DRI insert a few weeks ago (they were a little soft in the soft setting and too brick wall-ish for me in hard) and am excited to give them a run out this season. The only bitch is that BSL is a lot shorter than my other boots (26.5 = 307 in Dalbello and 300 in Roxa), so they won’t work in some of my setups. First world problems.

you can make a middle ground by slightly shortening the arms on the flex adjuster. I used a cutoff wheel made for plastic in a dremel cutoff kit. I’ve never seen it available on its own. Do a little at a time until you get what you want. Like a mm or 2 at most each time.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post

you can make a middle ground by slightly shortening the arms on the flex adjuster. I used a cutoff wheel made for plastic in a dremel cutoff kit. I’ve never seen it available on its own. Do a little at a time until you get what you want. Like a mm or 2 at most each time.
    Dremel kit- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dremel-EZ...0&gclsrc=3p.ds

Quote Originally Posted by gorek View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any other difference between this season model and the previous one beside the hinged tongue (and the colour)?
    That's pretty much it. The new tongue supposedly allows a much better ROM on uphill but I didn't ride last years boots so I have nothing to compare to.

I had an old pair of Dalbello Sherpas that had a similar hinged tongue. The boots fit like ass, but the tongue concept did work pretty well.

Am I the only fan of the highlighter yellow? Anyone looking to offload a 21/22 pair of those in a 26.5 with a wrap liner…

PM me.
    Too bad you aren't a 27.5... Mine from last year didn't get much time in them at all.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Am I the only fan of the highlighter yellow? Anyone looking to offload a 21/22 pair of those in a 26.5 with a wrap liner…

PM me.
    No affiliation but saw these on Bzn CL today https://bozeman.craigslist.org/spo/d...552221357.html

What's everyones opinion on heat molding? I know it's a violence triggering opinion. I've always done it, but my bootfitter, who is albeit new to me but highly respected said not to do it and just eat the pain for the first few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    What's everyones opinion on heat molding? I know it's a violence triggering opinion. I've always done it, but my bootfitter, who is albeit new to me but highly respected said not to do it and just eat the pain for the first few days.
    I'm with him/her.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Roxa R3 T.I. I.R.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Too bad you aren't a 27.5... Mine from last year didn't get much time in them at all.
    Kinda interested but in a pretty cheapass way

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Kinda interested but in a pretty cheapass way
    There used to be a time when the "Axebiker Deals" were tough to beat, but the days of giving shit away have been heavily diminished...sadly. If $250 + shipping interests you though...
    Gravity. It's the law.

@call me Al…does these run smaller than dalbello cabrio offerings? Any chance I’d prefer a 27.5 if I’m a 26.5 in a krypton or lupo??
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

@call me Al…does these run smaller than dalbello cabrio offerings? Any chance I’d prefer a 27.5 if I’m a 26.5 in a krypton or lupo??
    Both my buddy and I run the same shell size in our Roxas as we do in our Kryptons. It works well for us.

Agreed. Go same size as Dalbello. BSL is 7mm smaller on the Roxa but internal size feels the same as Lupo/Kryp

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Anyone have a fix for the gap up front that can develop between the cabrio plastic tongue and the clog? It’s happened to several friends. It appears that the plastic flange that holds the metal sliding clip (under the plastic tongue) no longer holds the metal clip close enough to the tongue. Super wet feet is the result esp if bootpacking on a tour.

wonder if anyone else has been able to fix this issue?

also - has anyone had any issues punching this boot - had a shop refuse to punch the ankle bone said they had a really bad experience trying to punch one (Shop catered to racing crowd so a lot of experience punching/ grinding boots in general)

Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    also - has anyone had any issues punching this boot - had a shop refuse to punch the ankle bone said they had a really bad experience trying to punch one (Shop catered to racing crowd so a lot of experience punching/ grinding boots in general)
    The ankle can be a technical punch on any cabrio but I always found the plastic itself is super easy to punch. The R3 does have a lower melt point than a plug so maybe they melted one. I can't remember if they have a removable cuff but assuming it does I would always mark the spot then pull the boot apart and punch the clog first all by itself.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Blistey has a very good review on these. If the Tecnica zgtp boots i just got off gear swap do not pan out maybe these are the go to.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    The ankle can be a technical punch on any cabrio but I always found the plastic itself is super easy to punch. The R3 does have a lower melt point than a plug so maybe they melted one. I can't remember if they have a removable cuff but assuming it does I would always mark the spot then pull the boot apart and punch the clog first all by itself.

great - TY

I did a big punch on my ankles. It was easy to move the plastic, but the punch was close enough to the edge that the edge is now wavy. Looks terrible but works fine. Most bootfitters don’t want work that looks like mine going out the door, so that may be part of their issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2034.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	668.2 KB 
ID:	441334

These arrive next week.

Will update with a review and comparison to kryptons and ZGTP after a few days

I had krypton’s prior, and the biggest improvement is obviously the weight. They tongue flex is kinda finicky, I find myself adjusting it throughout the day in both directions but outside that I love this boot for 50/50.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

First impression - the cuff is tall af and I love that. They are nowhere near the bulldozer that the lupo/krypton is.