Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Thanks! Yep I was in the neon 130. Strangely it only really happened after I had them switch into stiff mode. I was surprised I deformed it, but who knows. A 70 degree shop isn’t really the best testing ground
    The mode switch is a toggle. Is it possible you toggled from stiff into soft?

Also, the new ones (2019+) have another stiffening mechanism that's described earlier in this thread.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It was a 19/20 boot. The shop guy made the adjustment to the stiffer setting for me, but I believe he took the liner out and used an allen key to do it. He could have switched them the wrong way but he owned a pair so I figured he got it right

Anybody have any info on the 21-22 boots?

Comparing the R3 Freetour and the R3 130,

-it looks like the Freetour is only available with a Vibram sole, and can't be switched out like the 130?
    -only tongue liner is available with Freetour?
    -greater range of motion with Freetour (60 vs 52 degrees?)

Are there any other differences? Do they have the same plastic and flex rating?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by the_eleven View Post
    Anybody have any info on the 21-22 boots?

-it looks like the Freetour is only available with a Vibram sole, and can't be switched out like the 130?
    -only tongue liner is available with Freetour?

I have the catalog, and the differences are not clear. The Freetour is rated at 120, Grilamid/Grilamid construction, has the "touring sole" (presumed to be ISO 9523). The sole contours appear to be the same as the R3 130, so I would guess they can be swapped for GripWalk but I can't tell without seeing the bottom of the sole. Tongue liner only in catalog.

The R3 130 is rated at 130, same Grilamid construction but who knows if it's the same durometer, GripWalk sole, can be ordered with tongue or wrap liner.Name:  roxaR3.JPG
Views: 1163
Size:  106.7 KB

From CallMeAl's PM:

-it looks like the Freetour is only available with a Vibram sole, and can't be switched out for other types?
    CORRECT. THE VIBRAM SOLES ARE REPLACEABLE BUT THE BOOT WONT ACCEPT GW/ALPINE SOLES.

-only tongue liner is available with Freetour
    CORRECT. THE WRAP LINER SIGNIFICANTLY LIMITS ROM, AND THE GOAL OF THIS BOOT IS TO TOUR BETTER THAN THE R3 130.

CORRECT. THAT EXTRA 8 DEGREES IS IN REARWARD ROM DUE TO THE TONGUE THAT HAS A HINGE POINT AND NO DRI.)

SAME PLASTIC YES, FLEX RATING NO. THE FREETOUR IS SOLD AS 10 POINTS SOFTER (120) DUE TO:

1.) THE TONGUE HINGING (ITS A TAD SOFTER AT THE TOP/BEGINNING OF FLEX THAN THE R3 130.)

2.) NO DRI (STIFFENS R3 130 BOOT BY ADDING RESISTANCE AND REBOUND TO THE REAR THROAT OF THE BOOT’S LOWER SHELL). WHEN INSTALLED THIS PIECE LIMITS THE REARWARD ROM THAT IS ADDED BY THE FREETOUR’S TONGUE WHICH IS WHY IT ISNT INCORPORATED IN THIS BOOT’S DESIGN).

I'll be on the R3 TI IR's this season. Really looking forward to it! I have been in the Lupo Pro the last 2 seasons, and while they're a nice enough boot, they just don't have the "spirit" of my OG Krypton Pros (black with green buckles), which are still the best damn boot I've ever used.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Looking for some sizing advice in the event I can't try on a pair before ordering, I'm typically between sizes with my feet measuring 290mm. Currently skiing a 29.5 Hawx XTD, years ago skied 28.5 Kyrptons and Full Tilts that were on the very-snug but ok side of fitting. So 28.5 or 29.5?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Anyone have a fix for the gap up front that can develop between the cabrio plastic tongue and the clog? It’s happened to several friends. It appears that the plastic flange that holds the metal sliding clip (under the plastic tongue) no longer holds the metal clip close enough to the tongue. Super wet feet is the result esp if bootpacking on a tour.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Looking for some sizing advice in the event I can't try on a pair before ordering, I'm typically between sizes with my feet measuring 290mm. Currently skiing a 29.5 Hawx XTD, years ago skied 28.5 Kyrptons and Full Tilts that were on the very-snug but ok side of fitting. So 28.5 or 29.5?
    I was a 27.5 flexon and the 27.5 R3-T-I-I fits the same. So for you I'd guess a 28.5, but just be sure to have a return policy should they be too tight.

Best boots I've ever used 3 full years in. Much more widely adopted in Yurp than N. Am which is weird.

I haven't had the leak issue on mine, but it looks like a little bead of glue along the outside of the groove on the clog might help.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Same. Skied 26.5 FT and Lupo, now ski 26.5 R3. Slightly more toe room but similar instep/heel fit.

Question for Roxa owners:

Seems like at least the R3 and Element 120 liners have foam along bottom/sole. Has this caused any difficulties in dialing the fit, especially with footbeds?

I had FTs for a few seasons when they used to have the same deal w their liners and long story short it was a PITA. I’m hoping the foam density is different in that maybe it won’t be so difficult to take and mold around footbeds?

Quote Originally Posted by CYJ View Post
    Question for Roxa owners:

Seems like at least the R3 and Element 120 liners have foam along bottom/sole. Has this caused any difficulties in dialing the fit, especially with footbeds?

I had FTs for a few seasons when they used to have the same deal w their liners and long story short it was a PITA. I’m hoping the foam density is different in that maybe it won’t be so difficult to take and mold around footbeds?
    I've always skied mine with a Sidas Custom Winter footbed, no issue.

FWIW The Intiution liners in any Roxa boot labeled IR come directly from the Intution factory. Not the case for all FT "Intution" liners.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeAl View Post
    I've always skied mine with a Sidas Custom Winter footbed, no issue.

FWIW The Intiution liners in any Roxa boot labeled IR come directly from the Intution factory. Not the case for all FT "Intution" liners.
    Thanks for the quick response! Glad to hear about the Intuition situation and hopefully the liners are of higher quality finish. The liners that came stock in my Kryptons (though not labeled as Intuition, I've a strong feeling they still are?) looked pretty shitty out of the box: lump on the inside of cuff, edges warping up everywhere, creases and glue everywhere around the toes. Guess QC doesn't matter since it's pretty much expected everyone needs to bake them.

Dalbello stopped ordering liners from Intution 3ish? years ago.

Bumping this. I picked up the 22/23 model today with the new beige colour way instead of that horrible fluro yellow. It’s my first 50/50 boot as I’ll do some side country touring and eventually some guided stuff. It’s also such an amazing fit straight off the floor for me and I have a large instep.

Went with the tongue liners and not the tour wrap, primarily based on the advice of my boot fitter. Is anybody hardcore recommending the tour wrap?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Roxa R3 T.I. I.R.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Is anybody hardcore recommending the tour wrap?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I’ve honestly been pretty meh on the Tour Wrap (in DB Lupos, not Roxas.) They’re nice and light with good ROM (arguably the two most important characteristics), but the cuff height is lower than expected, they’re a little too thin, and they’re undersized in foot length.

I think I’d be much happier if I had sized up to a 27 rather than down to a 26 (as Intuition specifically advised for my 26.5 boot), but overall they’re unfortunately not a marked improvement over the stock DB tongue liners, which are pretty shit.

If I was to do it again with a 50/50 boot like the Roxas, I’d probably go with separate liners for resort and touring days.

Has anyone modded the top strap/buckle on these with an elastic, Booster-style strap? I love the feeling of exterior Boosters on three-piece shells, and that mod might just make the R3 my perfect boot.

Bumping this. I picked up the 22/23 model today with the new beige colour way instead of that horrible fluro yellow. It’s my first 50/50 boot as I’ll do some side country touring and eventually some guided stuff. It’s also such an amazing fit straight off the floor for me and I have a large instep.
    Also have tall instep…intrigued to hear how this works for you

I’ve been in a Lupo AX120 w/ 130 tongue the last few years. I’ve liked it tho maybe it’s a hair soft

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Also have tall instep…intrigued to hear how this works for you

I’ve been in a Lupo AX120 w/ 130 tongue the last few years. I’ve liked it tho maybe it’s a hair soft
    I'll let ya know. I am coming from the Krypton 120AX which I find to be significantly less secure around my calf, and like you said, flex is a touch too soft.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    I’ve honestly been pretty meh on the Tour Wrap (in DB Lupos, not Roxas.) They’re nice and light with good ROM (arguably the two most important characteristics), but the cuff height is lower than expected, they’re a little too thin, and they’re undersized in foot length.

If I was to do it again with a 50/50 boot like the Roxas, I’d probably go with separate liners for resort and touring days.
    Agreed, used Tour Wraps (in Lupos) as a 50/50 setup for maybe 20 days and the liners did not hold up. Not what they’re designed for and I do like em as a tour only option, but wouldn’t do that again. Krypton stock liner is unsurprisingly miles better in resort.

Went with the tongue liners and not the tour wrap, primarily based on the advice of my boot fitter. Is anybody hardcore recommending the tour wrap?

I'm going on my third year on the tongue liners. Best boot I've ever skied and yeah, I have a high instep. This one hits the sweet spot for me for 50/50 weight and stiffness wise.

The only mod I've done is to use the clip offered here so I don't have to undo the velcro all the time. The top strap acts well enough as a booster for me.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 10-01-2022 at 11:05 AM.

I switched from the R3 TI IR over to the Element 130 IR. So far, I really like what I see and feel. I was not a big fan of the upper strap on the R3, although i had no actual issues with it; I just prefer a more "traditional" style setup - the upper buckle and power strap, "normal" buckles, and less cables, and more traditional style straps. I also like the black color - truth be told, I wasn't crazy about the neon yellow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roxa_ELEMENT-130.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	554.0 KB 
ID:	432090

That said, after a season on the R3'as, I had ZERO complaints in terms the way they fit or skied.They have that more "upright" stance I've really come to love after years on the Dalbello KR/Lupo boots, the predictable flex, the shell fit, REAL intuition liners, GW soles, Cabrio shells...nothing to not like, and they were SO much lighter than the Lupos, but without giving of any power as far as driving the skis.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Am I the only fan of the highlighter yellow? Anyone looking to offload a 21/22 pair of those in a 26.5 with a wrap liner…

PM me.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I switched from the R3 TI IR over to the Element 130 IR. So far, I really like what I see and feel. I was not a big fan of the upper strap on the R3, although i had no actual issues with it; I just prefer a more "traditional" style setup - the upper buckle and power strap, "normal" buckles, and less cables, and more traditional style straps. I also like the black color - truth be told, I wasn't crazy about the neon yellow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roxa_ELEMENT-130.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	554.0 KB 
ID:	432090

That said, after a season on the R3'as, I had ZERO complaints in terms the way they fit or skied.They have that more "upright" stance I've really come to love after years on the Dalbello KR/Lupo boots, the predictable flex, the shell fit, REAL intuition liners, GW soles, Cabrio shells...nothing to not like, and they were SO much lighter than the Lupos, but without giving of any power as far as driving the skis.
    Does the Element 130 have the DRI thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Am I the only fan of the highlighter yellow? Anyone looking to offload a 21/22 pair of those in a 26.5 with a wrap liner…

PM me.
    No wrap liner but…

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7968727541786/