Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    I was thinking of this story, too.

The blond in the first link looks like Plake.

I'm impressed that a boat that's only that big can host two people for 5 months without docking. Sounds kinda cool.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    They should be jailed for having a US Navy ship come "rescue" them. Scam artists who got tired of being broke lazy hippies and cooked up this scheme.

LIke I said before, I agree the story is totally fishy, but that doesn't mean it's a scheme to get rich. If you're going to rush to judgment, at least make more interesting wild assed guesses.

Here's mine. The two met in a bar in HI, spent a week getting fucked up and bumping uglies. Somebody needed something delivered to Asia, no idea what, so they sail to the south pacific, spend 3 or 4 months running drugs, turning tricks, getting more fucked up and bumping more uglies. Whatever money they made they invested in a shitton of supplies for the boat, then head back to HI, break their mast, get rescued by the Navy (dumping a load of high grade horse overboard when the destroyers show up), and since they have no explanation for what they've been doing for the last 5 months that wouldn't embarrass their families, they make up this bullshit story.
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

Quote Originally Posted by that dude who did that thing View Post
    LIke I said before, I agree the story is totally fishy, but that doesn't mean it's a scheme to get rich. If you're going to rush to judgment, at least make more interesting wild assed guesses.

Here's mine. The two met in a bar in HI, spent a week getting fucked up and bumping uglies. Somebody needed something delivered to Asia, no idea what, so they sail to the south pacific, spend 3 or 4 months running drugs, turning tricks, getting more fucked up and bumping more uglies. Whatever money they made they invested in a shitton of supplies for the boat, then head back to HI, break their mast, get rescued by the Navy (dumping a load of high grade horse overboard when the destroyers show up), and since they have no explanation for what they've been doing for the last 5 months that wouldn't embarrass their families, they make up this bullshit story.
    I'm gonna go with this story. Occam's Razor and all.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I like this movie...starring Francia Raisa and Margot Robbie as our castaways.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    That's great
    I'm laughing
    crab in my shoe mouth

They needed 15 minutes.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

The comment from one of their mother's struck me as odd - it sounded very calm and "oh glad you found them" rather than "we've been worried sick! This is the happy ending we've been praying for! I'm so thankful!"

And is it odd that there was nothing (at least nothing I read) in the news about their disappearance prior to the rescue?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

In the movie version, mom needs to be desperately searching for them the whole time, so that you've got a role for a curiously attractive "older" actress who is matronly, but still sports a 6-pack (maybe Sigourney Weaver).

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The comment from one of their mother's struck me as odd - it sounded very calm and "oh glad you found them" rather than "we've been worried sick! This is the happy ending we've been praying for! I'm so thankful!"
    Cf. O.J. Simpson's pledge to devote his life to "find the real killers."

"Lady" sailors?

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  18.1 KB

Tall tales have been an integral part of the seafaring life since men (and ladies) took to the sea thousands of years ago. Someone should write a sea shanty about them. Maybe throw in giant squid big enough to swallow a boat, mermaids, getting swallowed by a whale and spit back out.

For the Sailing version of TGR, check out the thread on Sailing Anarchy. Full of great quotes like, "The Navy should hire them. They won’t run into anything, including a harbor."

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/ind...fter-5-months/

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe throw in giant squid big enough to swallow a boat
    Don't awaken the kraken. A thread mocking women is getting dangerously close to her wheelhouse.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

5 Stars! This thread has it all:

2 ladies that met just a week prior to setting off on a trans-Pacific drug run, er, romantic voyage - nothing about that sounds impulsive and less than thought out.

An excellent hypothesis of the timeline by Jimmy.

Quint from Jaws.

A warning (it should really be boilerplate by now in all PR threads) to not wake the Kracken.
    I still call it The Jake.

In the movie version, mom needs to be desperately searching for them the whole time, so that you've got a role for a curiously attractive "older" actress who is matronly, but still sports a 6-pack (maybe Sigourney Weaver).
    Who the fuck uses the term matronly in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Don't awaken the kraken. A thread mocking women is getting dangerously close to her wheelhouse.
    We're okay for now. The kraken usually surfaces in the shit that annoys you thread first. Keep a man in the bow on watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    5 Stars! This thread has it all:

2 ladies that met just a week prior to setting off on a trans-Pacific drug run, er, romantic voyage - nothing about that sounds impulsive and less than thought out.

An excellent hypothesis of the timeline by Jimmy.

Quint from Jaws.

A warning (it should really be boilerplate by now in all PR threads) to not wake the Kracken.
    Not to mention a Beach Boys soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    We're okay for now. The kraken usually surfaces in the shit that annoys you thread first. Keep a man in the bow on watch though.
    She can’t go down with three barrels on her, not with three she can’t!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    the dogs seemed nice
    They're good dogs, Brent.