Backcountry Ski & Glamping Setup

Okay, so I've done various cabin and yurt ski trips over the years. This winter I'd like to step it up and carry in all the gear we need. Looks like we'll likely have 4ppl total. I've got snowmobiles, and we'll likely buzz in about 10 miles, setup camp and hike & ski from there. I've got a 10x10 Caravan canopy with walls. My thought is to dig in a little before setting up the canopy so the wind won't get up and under it. I am looking for reccomendations for backpacking wood stoves, cots, and sleeping bags. Our budget is pretty tight, and im all about improvising, diy, and such... Any suggestions?

Sew a stove jack into your tent and sled in a wood stove of some sort. With $100 a piece you could get something pretty nice.

I've seen this dude's blog and it looks like he had a similar plan.. http://loomisadventures.com/blog/sno...meadows-oregon. We'll be in a lot deeper snow, it will likely snow while were there and the temps will get lower...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bonney_meadows_snow_camping-06-large-03.02.13.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	214824
    Last edited by Captn-See-Had; 10-29-2017 at 09:17 PM.

If your canopy with walls is what I’m thinking it is you’re going to lose a lot of heat even with a stove. Might want to dig deeper in the snow and build up snow walls for insulation. Plan on bringing warm synthetic bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk