iOS 11 update hosing battery life

So it's pretty normal for an update to fool users into thinking it has lowered battery life, when in fact it usually means that the new default settings on Location, Backround Refresh for apps, and Push email, just have to be tweaked to a more efficient setting.

But both our iPhones (6 and 6 plus) have about half the life compared to iOS 10. Agrees with the data published by one of the tech sites (Verge I think). Even just having the phone on, with no usage, sucks down the battery. Anyone else?

iOS 11.0.3 improved battery life, somewhat, over the earlier iOS 11 flavors for me. Also noticed substantial battery life decrease differential between apps - I think the eBay one is massively shitty now.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    So it's pretty normal for an update to fool users into thinking it has lowered battery life, when in fact it usually means that the new default settings on Location, Backround Refresh for apps, and Push email, just have to be tweaked to a more efficient setting.

But both our iPhones (6 and 6 plus) have about half the life compared to iOS 10. Agrees with the data published by one of the tech sites (Verge I think). Even just having the phone on, with no usage, sucks down the battery. Anyone else?
    Just checked your checklist, was amazed at all the apps on background refresh, guess I never looked at that before, maybe that will help...

I’m 5 hours into my day and I’m at 50%, it sucks. I think it’s just apples way of getting you to upgrade

I went to 11.0.3 as soon as it was available. Didn’t change a damn thing.

Like I said, this is a well documented issue. Normally apps get revised to catch up, but this one is still fucked from the people I’ve talked to.

My son is saying the same thing.

My iPhone 6s has had absolutely garbage battery issues now for more than a year. I can last about 2 hours if I am using my phone full time. Snapchat is the worst at draining my battery.

I went to the apple store and the guy working told me that “the battery is perfectly normal and functional.”

My n=1

not having any battery issues with 11...

I had battery issues for a day or two, but all better now that I went and changed some background settings and location services, etc.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

seems notably worse for me lately as well

Apple products, LOL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-problems/amp/

As I predicted, iOS 11.1 was intended to address this widespread issue. My battery life has improved somewhat but is nowhere near as good as with iOS 10. 11.2 is in beta.

Apple gave me a new phone (6s) last week when I went to get a chipped screen fixed under my expiring AppleCare.

Now every time I go to type the letter “I” it auto replaces it with this garbage: I️

Apparently I’m not the only one. Fucking ios11 has been a real shitshow.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Apple gave me a new phone (6s) last week when I went to get a chipped screen fixed under my expiring AppleCare.

Now every time I go to type the letter “I” it auto replaces it with this garbage: I️

Apparently I’m not the only one. Fucking ios11 has been a real shitshow.
    Reported fix in works. Saw an article about just this early today.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Faster drain on 6s plus here.

I see that question mark bullshit in social media posts a lot recently. I'm relieved it is an iOS bug and not another fucking 7 day challenge of some kind

Time to bump this thread. Anyone download 11.4.1? Any issues? Just activated new phone, and wants me to download! thanks.

11.4.1 has been fine for me, but, reading upthread, it seems i'm alone in having no issues with 11 in general

iphone 7, if that's relevant

Resetting network settings seemed to give me much better speed and battery life.