Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90820C1D-925D-4EE9-87A9-E1F11EAC5845.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	857.5 KB 
ID:	441331

Replaced #1 pump/motor, refill, check for leakage. 20 yo cal spa.

Fresh filter and nature2 cartridge.

Bowchicabowow.
    watch out for snakes

Hot tubs. A discussion.

bumps. had 220/50Amp hookup installed this week. ideally looking for a 6 person, no loungers, foot jets. build quality is priority as I don’t tinker well.

my wife says budget is $10K. help me spend that wisely if the number needs to be that large.

WWMB?

We have a Hot Spot--which is a "budget" version of Hot Springs. We've been very happy with it. I don't know how the two series differ besides the price. The Rhythm model we have claims to seats7--but that would be very cozy. 4 is more like it depending on how intimate you want to get. Looking on line pricing seems to be a closely guarded secret. We paid a lot less than 10K but that was then.

Hot Springs is good, Cal Spas betters.

Have not priced one in 20 years but my Cal Spa still works with some repairs and replacements. We were just in it last evening after paddle boarding.

Do your research. Look for quality, number of jets per station, higher hp pumps with dual speeds. Air injector will increase the force but also will cool the water faster. Skip the fancy bells and whistles..

Get the best and most well insulated lid offered. I use two layers of floating thermal covers with a hd tarp for extra insulation and to protect the cover to make it last longer.

Good job on the 220V 50A service, side note is gfi circuits become weak and fail over time but this takes years to happen.

Post up pics of what you get.
    watch out for snakes

A side benefit is the tub can become an alternate water storage device. Make sure you disinfect it first.
    watch out for snakes

Get one lounger. Just one. It’s nice to have.

And code is shutoff at least five feet from the tub. My gfci is there. Wonder if it’s going to last long being in an outside box?

just replaced our last tub, +15 yrs old. could have replaced another controller, new heater and eventually the 5th pump BUT i wanted the foot mushroom jet thingy at the bottom. i fucking love my foot mushroom jet thingy. so nice

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    bumps. had 220/50Amp hookup installed this week. ideally looking for a 6 person, no loungers, foot jets. build quality is priority as I don’t tinker well.

my wife says budget is $10K. help me spend that wisely if the number needs to be that large.

WWMB?
    I spent 10k (12y ago) on a top of the line bullfrog spa with 2 loungers and 2 pumps and I continue to be very happy with it. If you’re gonna get a spa tub don’t fuck around with single pump wimpy models. Go big and stay home.

Any opinions on Bullfrog hot tubs? Just cause I might have an in on getting one at a decent price.

It seems like everyone you talk to has a different take on what's best. I just want high build quality, low maintenance, with a few jets. I have a lot of friends in the HT line of work but everyone says every brand but the one they sell sucks. ugh.

I'm a hot springs honk. I got the one that sat empty on the showroom floor when the new models came in, it was at a great discount. They still do 'last years model' sales every year.
    Anyway. +1 salt water system. +1 for the lounger and +1 for the mushroom foot jet thing.
    had a couple minor mechanical failures, but the Hot Springs dealer came next day, and has thus far covered all under warranty. It's a 3 person Jetsetter, and I think I spent <10k (8 maybe? I could look)
    Life changing.
    north bound horse.

Hot tubs. A discussion.

appreciate the discussion.

I realized I am near arctic spas US center and went in. I like build quality, not sure on their propriety pumps. parts and maint should be quick for me but guessing expensive. gonna check out hot spring* (edit) next but don’t love the local dealer.

Name:	Image1676873148.039649.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	448405

Name:	Image1676873167.255374.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	448406
    Last edited by shroom; 02-21-2023 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Any opinions on Bullfrog hot tubs? Just cause I might have an in on getting one at a decent price.

It seems like everyone you talk to has a different take on what's best. I just want high build quality, low maintenance, with a few jets. I have a lot of friends in the HT line of work but everyone says every brand but the one they sell sucks. ugh.
    See my post directly above yours. Bullfrog is made in Utah and the modular design of the jetpack seats allows for a minimal amount of tubing in the tub itself w the seat itself holding much of the tubes and workings of the seat. If a seat has a problem you just pull the seat and get it repaired or replace. Had to do that twice over the years and it was a simple swap at a reasonable price. I have no complaints on the bullfrog tub.

There is Hot Spring and Hot Springs. They are different.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    See my post directly above yours. Bullfrog is made in Utah and the modular design of the jetpack seats allows for a minimal amount of tubing in the tub itself w the seat itself holding much of the tubes and workings of the seat. If a seat has a problem you just pull the seat and get it repaired or replace. Had to do that twice over the years and it was a simple swap at a reasonable price. I have no complaints on the bullfrog tub.
    Ha, thanks, I even read your post, but didn't realize you were talking about the Bullfrog. duh

I had the same thoughts about their design. The jet pack pods seem like a good idea.

We have a bullfrog, prolly the cheapest smallest one, and it’s been fine.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    We have a bullfrog, prolly the cheapest smallest one, and it’s been fine.
    Again I STRONGLY recommend if you get a bullfrog, get one with 2 motors. I’ve seen and been in many one motor versions and compared to mine with 2, it’s a drastic difference in the therapeutic benefits of jet massage.

Hot tubs. A discussion.

pics as requested

HotSpring Limelight Flash variety

7 person 360 gal, no loungers, 3 pumps, saltwater capable (trying it, new to me), lotta jets. dealer installed was $15K. over ~3 months I failed to find any ‘deal’/discount near 10K OTD and caved.

questions if you have them

Name:	Image1678932982.550290.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	452030

Name:	Image1678933000.165590.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	452031
    Last edited by shroom; 04-04-2023 at 08:24 PM.

I was in the local hot tub (and everything else) place to get chemicals the other day. Yep, hot tubs have gotten very very pricey, like everything else. (Including chemicals. Maybe it's a supply chain thing--do spa chemicals travel from Ohio by train?)

My 1996 Sundance cameo is on borrowed time. The builder installed the tub and then poured retaining walls around 3 sides, added a post to support the roof (part of the whole roof) on top of the retaining wall corner. Can’t get to 3 sides to work on plumbing….which is getting brittle. Gonna be a bitch to replace.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Give usa TR when you have sum tub time under yor belly button.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    My 1996 Sundance cameo is on borrowed time. The builder installed the tub and then poured retaining walls around 3 sides, added a post to support the roof (part of the whole roof) on top of the retaining wall corner. Can’t get to 3 sides to work on plumbing….which is getting brittle. Gonna be a bitch to replace.
    see the furnace removal thread for suggestions.

In the market for a new hot tub as well. Current one is a Diamante Mojave from 2002 and on it's last leg (heater is about to go/barely works, 3 of the 4 pumps are dead). We use it all the time. Issue I have is my current tub is set into my deck (previous owner install). Interior access to fix stuff is a PITA (pretty much have to crawl in) and the panel must be located on one side of the tub. Also forces me only look at 92"x92" models. Then I'll also need a big ass crane for the swap. Fuck me.

Anyhow, going to check out Wind River down in Denver. Reviews seem to be decent and they make one in 92"x92". Anyone with an old model that can speak to longevity?

Not old, but I have 1.5 years on a wind river and like it a lot so far. Look back a page or two and you'll see the results of me quizzing a few hot tub repair guys about what brands to look for and what to avoid. Wind River was in almost everybody's "brands to look for list," in large part because they use no proprietary bits and everything is off-the-rack, so replacement bits are easy to find if needed.

Found the leakClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20230316_171704.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	452161

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Found the leakClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20230316_171704.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	452161

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Oh wow. That's nuts.

I've been putting off searching for the source of our tubs leak for months now (mainly due to the cold weather. )

Anyone have tips on finding leaks prior to the Armageddon picture above?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB