Any other Plow Jockeys up in here?

Anyone else here push snow around? Any pros? Just got the rig all ready and I'm looking forward to some shitty evenings in the white room. I've gotten pretty good but I'm no professional.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

In the process of getting the carriage set up on my 79 F250 for just my house and alleyway. Picked up a POS old cable control western straightblade. It's been a real nightmare getting everything together so far. Really hoping it's all good once everything comes together.

that may have been the best possible motivation to finish this thing.

thanks buddeh!

Plowed commercial in Denver for about 6 years. Have done a little bigger stuff as well. Used to plow Pepsi Center lot before events, loved it...barely any backing up/back-dragging. Neck liked that.

Semi retired after 13 yrs. the last 3 years in one of the gnarliest sections of the trans Canada (if not the gnarliest). Thankfully back to being a bum again. Playing chicken with multiple semis daily is no way to make a living

I run the Street Operations for a major city in the Front Range. We run tandems trucks with a 12' plow and half the fleet have 6' deployable wing plows as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    I run the Street Operations for a major city in the Front Range. We run tandems trucks with a 12' plow and half the fleet have 6' deployable wing plows as well.
    That's a lot of wings, especially for urban plowing. Must have well designed interchanges with many lanes. Articulating C plows and underbodies?

We run them exclusively on our arterials. Even with the wings up in a stored portion they won't fit down streets in the older part of the city.

Can open roads in one pass, eh?

Nice shiny new truck, almost a shame to get it dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Nice shiny new truck, almost a shame to get it dirty.
    Especially after writing the check for them.

We run them exclusively on our arterials. Even with the wings up in a stored portion they won't fit down streets in the older part of the city.
    Nice looking equipment. Directional spinner looks like and brine tanks. Be nice to have a ram for the box so you don't have to spin the load off or you can dump chunks . You're probably well organized and have well salted sand in sheds and don't get chunks though

Great if you like to hand shovel out chunks. Bad if you don't want to fuck shit up

That thing looks crazy. Just seems like it's bound to quickly destroy shit and/or get wrecked.

Impressive footage heree though:

Thanks. The live bottoms take care of most chunks, and all slicer is in sheds.

We have been experimenting with spinner placement and have liked it in front if the drive wheels and and positioned to one side.

Thanks. The live bottoms take care of most chunks, and all slicer is in sheds.

We have been experimenting with spinner placement and have liked it in front if the drive wheels and and positioned to one side.
    Definitely in front of the drives. Besides traction it's easier to see what's going on as I'm sure you know. I've had it on the driver side (tenco boxes) and in the center. With the tenco's the spinner only spun one way. I preferred it in the center with the spinner being able to spin both ways. Both ways makes it easier to clear the chute and with it in the center I could throw product up into the corners of a turn or at accidents or vehicle stoppages. Really nice to throw salt up to the high point to. Seems to be different for different climate zones though. Hoppers we're ok in the eastern rockies but they suck over here in the high moisture snow

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That thing looks crazy. Just seems like it's bound to quickly destroy shit and/or get wrecked.

Impressive footage heree though:

That vids better. Not super deep snow though. It can be hard to see and the tow plow will send cement guardrail flying ez or sign posts. Nice when they're operating smooth though. I think too risky though. I didn't like it. We once had the tow plow hopper empty of sand and plowing caught a rough patch that jacked it and threw it to the other side of the highway. Good thing there was no oncoming traffic

Got my plow hooked up to the beater F250, 1000lbs in the back. Once the snow really flies I chain all 4 and Get after it. Sooooo much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Checking in. First year of plowing. Always lived somewhere that a snow blower and shovel was the only tool needed. La Nina winter should provide full immersion.

1974 Jeep pickup with Myers hydraulic plow. Bought it from a local sporting goods store. Needed a few things but I got it running.

Kewl stuff, Tucker Co road crew has one of those snow auger trucks that has a large genset on the back and the front is two double rows of augers. They drive it straight up to mega drifts and it chews them up and throws it 30ft in the air and probably 50-60ft away.
    watch out for snakes

I plowed some girls who lived in Freedman Hall my freshman year of college.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang