Thread: Win a 100 grand

Talking Win a 100 grand

Radio Contest Winner Sues Over Candy Bar
    -
    Thursday, June 23, 2005

(06-23) 08:30 PDT Lexington, Ky. (AP) --

A woman who won a radio contest that promised the winner "100 grand" sued after the station gave her a candy bar — a Nestle's 100 Grand — instead of $100,000.

Norreasha Gill filed a complaint Wednesday in Fayette District Court against Atlanta-based Cumulus Media, which owns WLTO-FM in Lexington. Gill, 28, says the station and its parent company breached a contract to pay $100,000 to the contest winner.

Night host DJ Slick sponsored the station's contest to "win 100 grand," Gill said in the lawsuit. Gill won by listening to the radio show for several hours and being the 10th caller at a specified time.

She went to the radio station the next morning to pick up her prize, but was asked to return later. When she got home, she found that the station manager had left a message explaining she had won a 100 Grand candy bar, not money.

Later, he offered her $5,000, Gill said.

"I said I wanted $95,000 more," she said. "Nobody would watch and listen for two hours for a candy bar."

DJ Slick did not return an e-mail from the Herald-Leader, but he said on his Web site that he had left his job. WLTO and Cumulus declined to comment, identify DJ Slick by his given name or say whether he was fired.

Experts said the radio station could face action by the Federal Communications Commission, which licenses radio stations.

FCC regulations say contest descriptions can't be false or deceptive and that stations must conduct contests as advertised. Stations in two other states have been fined for contests that told listeners they'd won cash prizes without specifying they were in the Italian or Turkish lira, not the U.S. dollar.

Before her family went to sleep that night, Gill says, she promised her children — ages 1, 5 and 11 — that they'd have a minivan, a shopping spree, a savings account and a home with a back yard.

"What hurts me is they were going to get me in front of my children, all dressed up, and hand me a candy bar, after all those promises I made to them," she told the Lexington Herald-Leader. "You just don't do that to people."
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Sue happy America!

Fucking, just take the $5000, and let it go!
    Last edited by Below Zero; 06-23-2005 at 02:47 PM.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Pretty low on their part I think.

I heard of a radio station giving away a Toyota.
    Some guy won and was pretty pissed when he found out he won a toy Yoda.
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

"She promised her children — ages 1, 5 and 11 — that they'd have a minivan, a shopping spree, a savings account and a home with a back yard."

Pretty shitty of the radio station, but where the fuck can you buy a minivan, a house, a shopping spree and have savings accounts for three kids on 100 grand?

Quote Originally Posted by INDY GS
    "She promised her children — ages 1, 5 and 11 — that they'd have a minivan, a shopping spree, a savings account and a home with a back yard."

Pretty shitty of the radio station, but where the fuck can you buy a minivan, a house, a shopping spree and have savings accounts for three kids on 100 grand?
    I guess somewhere in Kentucky?
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

this was done years ago by Opie & Anthony. Pretty funny IMO. people are gullible and i can't spel
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

I think if the station offered her $5000 they must be a little worried that she could win.

Quote Originally Posted by A-wreck
    I heard of a radio station giving away a Toyota.
    Some guy won and was pretty pissed when he found out he won a toy Yoda.
    that was actually a hooters restaurant that did it as a sales incentive program for the waitresses. and yes, the girl who got the 'toy Yoda' sued and got a Toyota.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

This is an old old prank..
    I have had this .wav for years:

http://turzman.com/misc/100grand.wav
    That guy is probably pissed now - he could have sued.

"You guys are a bunch of douche bags!!"

What kinda kid wants a fackin min-van anyway????

Quote Originally Posted by BENDOR
    What kinda kid wants a fackin min-van anyway????
    The kid will probably be psyched to get a candy bar instead.

Quote Originally Posted by pube-in-my-taco
    This is an old old prank..
    I have had this .wav for years:

http://turzman.com/misc/100grand.wav
    That guy is probably pissed now - he could have sued.

"You guys are a bunch of douche bags!!"

haha that was funny. kinda an asshole move by the radio station, but very funny
    signature for rent.