Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    I got a new scraper after all of this, but it's been such a shitty winter I've never been able to try it yet.

Hate to rain on your parade, but the 'Game Changer' is basically the same as a roof rake:

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Shuttsco inc snorake. Basically an extendable with 24” nerf style rake part at end. Works great and very happy with mine
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Obviously it's a 'snow rake'. I bought one, and the off the shelf units for cars are useless pieces of shit for heavy, deep, coastal dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Isn't this just a roof rake made out of plywood?

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/gar...BoC3acQAvD_BwE
    No. It's the 'game changer'.

Never claimed it to be a first descent.

Just an improvement on existing designs plus, it's cheaper to D.I.Y. ...AND...I live and work in the boonies; there ain't no Fleetfarm in 5 873 miles.

Living in the sticks, you gotta be resourceful to deal with what hands ma nature deals you.

For example: We had to evacuate town after the tsunami alert a few weeks ago and couldn't stop at starbucks on the way outta town cause there isn't one. Had to panic brew our own coffee at 2:30am. Imagine that; brew our own coffee at 2:30 in the morning!!!

With no data as for the size of wave, we envisioned a Japan style apocalypse. Stewart is at sea level at the end of a 100 mile long fjord...the potential wave amplification from the narrowing channel coulda been huge if the death stars aligned. Couldn't face that without coffee. Wave turned out to be a few cms...thank Christ.

Anyway, I digress (us per usual)

Improvements:

1. This sucker is heavy. Heavy enough to have enough inertial mass to cut through heavy snow when yer lowering the blade to reduce your own effort/muscle fatigue. Used the ski logic of light vs. heavy damp skis for skiing light vs. heavy wet/cruddy/variable snow...
    2. The weight helps with the push/pull of heavy wet snow off car.
    3. The foam on leading edge doesn't scratch yer paint.
    4. The dimensions are optimized for auto use...perfect size for the windshield cleaning for example and 'just right' for clearing the roof and hood.
    5. It's got street cred.
    6. It's got a ballin' name.
    7. The six foot long heli snow stake handle has magic voodoo stuff in it that assists with the motions of clearing snow.
    Master of mediocrity.