Skier Lodging near Lake Louise?

I'm looking for recommendations for skier-friendly (affordable), lodging around the Banff/Lake Louise area for my wife and I. We'll be in that area in late Dec-coming from the Revelstoke/Rogers Pass area.

I know its high season, but any good recs on reasonably priced lodging appreciated.

Bump. Same question.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Here's an alpine club of canada hostel near Louise. There's also one in Canmore.

http://www.alpineclubofcanada.ca/hut...alpine-centre/
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Stayed here last summer. Pretty nice spot, especially if you can fill a room with buds. Food isn't bad and is reasonable by banff area standards.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Here's an alpine club of canada hostel near Louise. There's also one in Canmore.

You could also consider one of the hostels in Field (about 20-25 mins from LL), or the HI hostel in Banff.

Louise and Banff are actually Hostel International Canada not Alpine Club. Canmore is the ACC clubhouse.

All are nice.

Is the Y in Banff still a thing? I liked it better than the others. If I wasn’t camping at Tunnel Mt or LL Parks Canada campgrounds.

Solid hostel. Decent food. Bring earplugs.

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    I'm looking for recommendations for skier-friendly (affordable), lodging around the Banff/Lake Louise area for my wife and I. We'll be in that area in late Dec-coming from the Revelstoke/Rogers Pass area.

I know its high season, but any good recs on reasonably priced lodging appreciated.
    That's where my parents spent their December honeymoon (only true skiers would get married in December so they can have a skiing honeymoon!!). I think they stayed at the Lake Louise Lodge...that famous place in all the pictures. But that was back in the days of wide ring steel baskets on bamboo poles, so not sure if the Lake Louise Lodge is still there.

The OP will be driving by the Great Divide Lodge so it might be worth checking out.
    http://thegreatdividelodge.com/

I lived there while ski bumming at Lake Louise one winter when it was called Wapta Lodge many decades ago.

If you have/are getting the Louise discount card, you get discounts at a few hotels in town too. It's not much (10% or something like that), but could be worth checking.

I've heard nothing but great things about the Hostel and the food there.

How about non-hostel options? Found a couple online, but its all the standard stuff. Will be there mid-feb.

And what is the LL discount card? First time going there, always hit the other side of the highway.

Thanks in advance.

The girlfriend and I stayed at Irwin's Mountain Inn last April. It was on the loud side, although being in the room nearest the elevator and having a high-school band thing in town (with a group or two staying there) didn't help. If I'd had earplugs, I think I'd have been pretty happy with the accommodation-to-price ratio, but I'd definitely look more closely at hostel options first.

Being downtown was nice for going out, but it also meant a decent amount of drive time to skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by steezybomber View Post
    How about non-hostel options? Found a couple online, but its all the standard stuff. Will be there mid-feb.

And what is the LL discount card? First time going there, always hit the other side of the highway.

Thanks in advance.
    I've stayed at the Lake Louise Inn a couple times. I think its the cheapest non-hostel option, almost same price as hostel if yer splitting it with a friend. And it has a hot tub. Best price/quality for food is the hostel IMO

Skier Lodging near Lake Louise?

Not sure how much you want to pay, but if you don’t mind rustic. And I do mean rustic. Deer Lodge is a 9 iron from the Chateau Lake Louise. Their dining room is off the hook good, though can be pricey. Game centric. A part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts group ( Buffalo Mtn Lodge in Banff, Emerald Lake Lodge I think as well) and Cilantros Restaurant in Calgary.

While a night in Lake Louise might be cool, if you have wheels, I’d probably lean towards staying in Banff and driving or taking the bus from Banff each way. Brewster’s runs buses loads each way. Easy peasy, and more variety for food and bevvy.

One of the better meal deals for Lake Louise is the pub at the Post Hotel. Cheaper than their main restaurant but good solid food.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steezybomber View Post

Thanks in advance.

Louise card info here: https://www.skilouise.com/louise_cards.php

Sunshine also has a discount card with a similar deal.

Cheap lift tickets are also available at Costco.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
    With not being familiar with the area we looked at reviews and decided to stay at the Mountaineer. Rooms are fairly reasonable and the place is within walking distance to a lot of areas-also has an indoor giant jacuzzi.

The trip planning is coming together and it looks like that area is getting some storms rolling through...

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Not sure how much you want to pay, but if you don’t mind rustic. And I do mean rustic. Deer Lodge is a 9 iron from the Chateau Lake Louise. Their dining room is off the hook good, though can be pricey. Game centric. A part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts group ( Buffalo Mtn Lodge in Banff, Emerald Lake Lodge I think as well) and Cilantros Restaurant in Calgary.

While a night in Lake Louise might be cool, if you have wheels, I’d probably lean towards staying in Banff and driving or taking the bus from Banff each way. Brewster’s runs buses loads each way. Easy peasy, and more variety for food and bevvy.

One of the better meal deals for Lake Louise is the pub at the Post Hotel. Cheaper than their main restaurant but good solid food.
    Does rustic mean expensive? Deer Lodge during the holidays has got to be almost $200/night. And the soup of the day at the Post pub is $10.

All completely acceptable for dentists, though. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Does rustic mean expensive? Deer Lodge during the holidays has got to be almost $200/night. And the soup of the day at the Post pub is $10.

All completely acceptable for dentists, though. :-)
    Relative. 150/ night in low season isn’t cheap, but not Chateau pricing. As I said, not sure, threw it out there.

Rustic is warped floorboards and 1970’s beds and mattresses. Well, newer mattresses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.
    With not being familiar with the area we looked at reviews and decided to stay at the Mountaineer. Rooms are fairly reasonable and the place is within walking distance to a lot of areas-also has an indoor giant jacuzzi.

The trip planning is coming together and it looks like that area is getting some storms rolling through...
    Our weather forecaster shows the Rockies down to Oregon greeting the high precipitation this year. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

The Mountaineer should be good I think they have been renovating since they purchased it a few years back.

I'd second the lake Louise Inn. Stayed there a few times and has worked out well. One of my favorite places in the world is the Post, but cheap it is not!