Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Sports Creel just sold me some DIN soles for my XT3s for about $20. They are slippery little bastards in an icy parking lot (compared to the gripwalk soles anyway), but should play nicer with non GW bindings
    Thanks. I'd like to stay with the GW for the very reason you mention, I want to stay upright when I walk. I believe I have DIN soles I can put on (have to look at the packing material again, not sure) and the Pivots show GW so I assume they're compatible. I'm not sure on the Barons but from what I've read, I think they're okay. My real question is whether the toe piece or AFD need some adjustment of some sort. That, and; am I going to die?

Your Pivot 14GW will take both the Alpine DIN and Grip Walk soles with out any adjustment to the toes. You may want to check your forward pressure, but it should not change.
    Your Barron should be MNC to take Alpine, GW and even a Touring sole.
    I’m 100% confident on the Pivots, and someone else can 100% confirm the MNC of the Barron.

^^ Thanks!

Wow what a mess. GF bought some boots online that came with GW soles. Has some older Marker Mod11 bindings. They seem to work ok, I have her set on Din 3 for the bunny slope, and I can kick the boot out o
    f the binding. Is this all less of an issue at a low din or not so much?
    We had them molded at Evo and I asked the tech if I could buy other soles and he have me a pedantic nonsense reply about the screws just being there to replace the grip walk when it wore out.

I just bought a pair of Langes that came with GW and was able to source a DIN sole for them.

For what it’s worth I’ve been using different soles in different bindings all season, so far no real ill effect. Probably a fall that I should have released and didn’t, but no injury. To be on the safe side definitely replace the soles or the bindings.