Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 1788
  1. #426
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    1,823
    Early start into willows bowl. 15 deg at the trailhead. No pits dug but plenty of stomping, poking and handies (typical friday night at bunnies) showed a mix bag of pow, slabs, facets and shit that was different every 5 feet. Upper willow was not to bad surfy creamy surface hor shhhhhhhhhhhh turns. Mid bowl it changed up and started getting slabby and reactive with shooting cracks. We dialed back the angles and avoided the rollovers. Exit is still pretty thin and character building but all in all a great walk in the mtns! Sorry I missed you cat!

    Whorez make me happy



    No go zone is loaded



    Skintrackstoke



    $$$


  2. #427
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,360
    ^^^nice
    def a pretty day to get out n tour
    rolled up with sfotex n mr toaster for soli skier compaction duties fri hopin for egp or hwy winds nuked that

    u dogs are stayin in the yard
    solbirights to back yard bugaloos skied good
    rolled up sillyfork with the mrs

    reported for skier compaction duty atop west bowl with the rest of the troops
    spun a lap 2 tp and down cabin
    north facin sheltered skied best

    not a lot of in yo face instabilities
    some collapses
    and

    #shootingcracksskitips
    #basalmeaniesabound
    #bbispanseredbrandambassabro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  3. #428
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,517
    yíall missed some good turns in idaho but Iím stoked that silly fizzle is firing on at least a couple cylinders


  4. #429
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    getting worried Brighton is going to shut it all down soon....
    ^ totally see this all going away some point soon. shame because its all pretty clear. brighton instituted an uphill policy last year. park at cafe, check traffic light for daily uphill permissions, tour up lost maid or easy out. that's it. shit ain't hard. variations to that is when the problems begin. was there early season 3/4 days and saw a few downright dangerous situations. surprised by the numbers identified below and with that much traffic, its only a matter of time before there will be a bad accident.

    - "I would wager ~25-50 people have been uphilling every morning I've ran up pcmr this year."
    - "I'll bet most mornings at Snowbasin have anywhere from 25-75 people skinning up."

    so let me get this straight. i could purchase a ticket tomorrow at pc (current online rate: $132), and there could be upwards of 50 tracks on a run by 9am? pretty sure i don't want solitude to ever allow uphill traffic if that's the case.

  5. #430
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    grapes and grapes
    Posts
    3,183
    I follow this thread because I live in N California and I'm fascinated by the weird bubble you guys exist in, in terms of a general ski culture as well as a snowpack perspective. On all fronts it's constantly me looking at the screen, reading the comments about all the above mentioned, and thinking "Fuck. Wow."

    I mean, I get it. I love skiing out there and when you hit it right there's nothing else like it, but you guys put up with A LOT of bs day in and day out to get to that point of risk/ reward ratio farvoring you on the backside. No judgement. We all have our complexities and variables which shape our time in "the mountains" but most of it just makes me want to move to some remote corner of the world with less people.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

    "welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

  6. #431
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,251
    Sure, whatever you say. Definitely disseminate that perspective as widely as possible, please.

  7. #432
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,085
    Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    ^ totally see this all going away some point soon. shame because its all pretty clear. brighton instituted an uphill policy last year. park at cafe, check traffic light for daily uphill permissions, tour up lost maid or easy out. that's it. shit ain't hard. variations to that is when the problems begin. was there early season 3/4 days and saw a few downright dangerous situations. surprised by the numbers identified below and with that much traffic, its only a matter of time before there will be a bad accident.

    - "I would wager ~25-50 people have been uphilling every morning I've ran up pcmr this year."
    - "I'll bet most mornings at Snowbasin have anywhere from 25-75 people skinning up."

    so let me get this straight. i could purchase a ticket tomorrow at pc (current online rate: $132), and there could be upwards of 50 tracks on a run by 9am? pretty sure i don't want solitude to ever allow uphill traffic if that's the case.
    Does it typically bother you that the groomers have tracks on them? Because people skiing at Snowbasin are required to stay on one groomer. Up and down.

  8. #433
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Sure, whatever you say. Definitely disseminate that perspective as widely as possible, please.
    Why donít you just move back?

  9. #434
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,085
    Quote Originally Posted by dblatto View Post
    I follow this thread because I live in N California and I'm fascinated by the weird bubble you guys exist in, in terms of a general ski culture as well as a snowpack perspective. On all fronts it's constantly me looking at the screen, reading the comments about all the above mentioned, and thinking "Fuck. Wow."

    I mean, I get it. I love skiing out there and when you hit it right there's nothing else like it, but you guys put up with A LOT of bs day in and day out to get to that point of risk/ reward ratio farvoring you on the backside. No judgement. We all have our complexities and variables which shape our time in "the mountains" but most of it just makes me want to move to some remote corner of the world with less people.
    I tried to follow this. I really did. You can do better, we believe in you.

  10. #435
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fresh Lake City
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    so let me get this straight. i could purchase a ticket tomorrow at pc (current online rate: $132), and there could be upwards of 50 tracks on a run by 9am? pretty sure i don't want solitude to ever allow uphill traffic if that's the case.
    bwahahaha crying about 50 tracks on a single run. Shit, most runs at solitude have 50 tracks down them by 930 am anyways.

    you get one run at park city to uphill and the ski back down, technically. And its Home Run, a "steep" green run. though plenty people ski Teasure Hollow, an equally steep blue run. and you can only go 1200 vertical feet up to the angle station. but don't you worry, its easy to get multiple runs in before the 830 am cut off time : They're runs most people only ski as they're heading down at the end of the day. I grew up skiing PCMR and didn't know which was which until I started uphilling this season. So it's not like vail is giving away the mountain. Its a nice gesture to a growing trend in skiing. And i hope more ski areas and resorts start allowing it.

    I was also thinking about the charging for uphilling at resorts and how difficult that would be. the most popular time is around dawn I would say in my experience, so you would need to staff people super early and then when people are hiking to get up, you can basically access a mountain from thousands of points. its the same with mountain biking, you charge for the lifts but most places let you ride uphill on your own if you'd like.

  11. #436
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,517
    if any of you jokers wants to hike some laps and drink some beers Tuesday night, thereís a race at Brighton... Iíll be there early and late.

  12. #437
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Why don’t you just move back?
    Working on it, thanks for asking! But all joking aside, I will sing the praises of this area to all who will listen because it is a fantastic destination, and if they come here, they won't be where I am.

  13. #438
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Does it typically bother you that the groomers have tracks on them? Because people skiing at Snowbasin are required to stay on one groomer. Up and down.
    doesn't bother me b/c i'm not all about groomers. but if i was, and i paid $132 for a ticket, that might bring me down a bit...

  14. #439
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post

    so let me get this straight. i could purchase a ticket tomorrow at pc (current online rate: $132), and there could be upwards of 50 tracks on a run by 9am? pretty sure i don't want solitude to ever allow uphill traffic if that's the case.
    Try snowbird. Sometimes there are 3-4 trams of black pass holders or 'industry friends' tracking out the snow while you have been in the tram line for an hour before the mountain opens. And it's not groomers. You can watch them ski while you are taking the '1st' tram up. For $129.

    Or you are still buying tickets while they ski, and then tram line fills up without you as they don't open ticket sales until 8 or 8:30am.

  15. #440
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,194
    Seems like all the reports this year end with "but it was a great day to walk in the mountains!" Ha.

  16. #441
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    1,123
    Booked my flights 1/23-1/31. Hopefully it starts dumping now and the jihadist basals will be nice rounds by the end of the month. Here's to shitty beer, wishful thinking, and some nice walks in the mountains.
    I love you, baby, but the season's over.

  17. #442
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,360
    rolled up n out the hwy2heav and up the ridge skied a tlp shot of goods recystalized loud pows


    headed back up a well traveled trade route skinner
    bout noon south facing started to glop and the rhimed tree dripped and dropped slops
    headed up to the top of east bowl
    a well tracked thin micshitigan city skied meh
    skinned up to the davenport nose dug around a bit waiting for friends

    my asessments of the north facing snowpack structure would be sucks harder than warm bunny's bitter chipotle lemonsaids
    top had some windskim funk but the chicas ripped it up


    as ussual lower angled sheltered mid elavation skied best


    im going with a
    stoked to share the this in what we do with friends and luved ones
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  18. #443
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Out to sea
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Booked my flights 1/23-1/31. Hopefully it starts dumping now and the jihadist basals will be nice rounds by the end of the month. Here's to shitty beer, wishful thinking, and some nice walks in the mountains.
    Careful! You're gonna piss people off with your positive jump-through-abuncha-hoops-to-have-fun-with-friends-and-ski-powder attitude

  19. #444
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by alev View Post
    Careful! You're gonna piss people off with your positive jump-through-abuncha-hoops-to-have-fun-with-friends-and-ski-powder attitude
    Sounds like we're gonna have to bring a bunch of hoops to Funland.
    I love you, baby, but the season's over.

  20. #445
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    342
    Headed out to Red Pine trees. Had a moose stare us down on the trail. Took in views.Name:  IMG954089.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  48.3 KB

    Jumped off a little stuff
    Name:  IMG954102.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  93.5 KB

    Good snow, got thin as you worked towards the creek.

    Then went to the Bird, walk on trams, Silver Fox rode well, nice to have Macaroni chute open. Daltons was open and pow. Great day

  21. #446
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    if any of you jokers wants to hike some laps and drink some beers Tuesday night, thereís a race at Brighton... Iíll be there early and late.
    Yo, down for a beer. Hardbooting splitboarder. Probably be towards the back of the pack

  22. #447
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,517

    WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 17-18

    Quote Originally Posted by claymond View Post
    Yo, down for a beer. Hardbooting splitboarder. Probably be towards the back of the pack
    word! Iíll be slow also, yellow Fischer boots + gray OR pants, not sure I might demo some skis but Iíll pm ya. I have long blond hair in a ponytail anyway so Iím hard to miss

  23. #448
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by claymond View Post
    Yo, down for a beer. Hardbooting splitboarder. Probably be towards the back of the pack
    Will be there as well. Middle/back of the pack... Helio 106s, dynafit tlt6s, blue pants.

    Sent from my LG-H810 using TGR Forums mobile app

  24. #449
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Booked my flights 1/23-1/31. Hopefully it starts dumping now and the jihadist basals will be nice rounds by the end of the month. Here's to shitty beer, wishful thinking, and some nice walks in the mountains.
    The beer is getting better. Just don't buy drafts.
    The snow is getting better. Just not by leaps and bounds.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

  25. #450
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    7,773
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    rolled up n out the hwy2heav and up the ridge skied a tlp shot of goods recystalized loud pows


    headed back up a well traveled trade route skinner
    bout noon south facing started to glop and the rhimed tree dripped and dropped slops
    headed up to the top of east bowl
    a well tracked thin micshitigan city skied meh
    skinned up to the davenport nose dug around a bit waiting for friends

    my asessments of the north facing snowpack structure would be sucks harder than warm bunny's bitter chipotle lemonsaids
    top had some windskim funk but the chicas ripped it up


    as ussual lower angled sheltered mid elavation skied best


    im going with a
    stoked to share the this in what we do with friends and luved ones
    Wow, these are pic's from years past , correct>?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •