Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1783
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    does anyone know if rontele would know the release dates for next season pass purchasing? thinking brighton midweek pass for next year,

i think i'll pm him directly, thanks!
    Brighton? Check on newschoolers, one of the kids on there will probably know.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    does anyone know if rontele would know the release dates for next season pass purchasing? thinking brighton midweek pass for next year,

i think i'll pm him directly, thanks!
    Yeah since he switched to marketing for skiutah he has the deets on all Utah resort passes and usually has a hookup for mags.

Pm directly.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Happy to report powmow on Saturday was rain crushed frozen death with 30’ visibility around 1:30. Supposedly snowed today. Solitude was fun with an angry inch on top. Summit chair skied fine once I realized it would not be a powder day. Honey comb skied well early before hordes tracked the angry inch.
    Now it’s nuking in the valley as I board a flight for home. Can’t complain I’ll be back for Easter week. Enjoy the turns tomorrow. I hope it stacks up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headed to snowbird for the first time tomorrow (usually ski snowbasin).

Based on what is expected today and tonight what do you put the probability on the road being closed in the AM for avalanche control?

What time should I be to the canyon by? I don't like getting there mega early for first chair but I like being in the line about 15 mins before first chair starts.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    Headed to snowbird for the first time tomorrow (usually ski snowbasin).

Based on what is expected today and tonight what do you put the probability on the road being closed in the AM for avalanche control?

What time should I be to the canyon by? I don't like getting there mega early for first chair but I like being in the line about 15 mins before first chair starts.
    If there is no road closure hit the bottom of the canyon around 8 and you'll be good to go. If there is a closure get in line by 730 and I bet you'll be fine. JMO I think the probability for a closure tomorrow am is on the low side.

Google maps say 7.2 miles and 13 minutes from the mouth of the canyon to snowbird. 5:30 if there's a road closure.

If there's not a road closure

Let X be the number of inches since closing last night
    Let Y be the number of inches between 4 AM and departure time
    Let n be the water content of the snow
    Let µ be the number of days since the last good pow day.

8:30 will be your base time assuming all variables are 0. That gets you there at 8:45 ,booted up and in line by 9.
    The number of minutes before 8:30 that you must depart the mouth can best be summed up by

NumMinutesEarly=f*µ² * (X*Y)ⁿ

f is the Frank anomaly. Unfortunately it is impossible to predict f in advance, although in retrospect you always wonder how the Frank could turn out any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Happy to report powmow on Saturday was rain crushed frozen death with 30’ visibility around 1:30. Supposedly snowed today. Solitude was fun with an angry inch on top. Summit chair skied fine once I realized it would not be a powder day. Honey comb skied well early before hordes tracked the angry inch.
    Now it’s nuking in the valley as I board a flight for home. Can’t complain I’ll be back for Easter week. Enjoy the turns tomorrow. I hope it stacks up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For some reason I was thinking we were supposed to get 5"-6" last night, so I was a little sad with the inch we got. Some good turns were had though in the trees in Honeycomb. I'm hoping for my 5-6 inches tonight. If so, I'll shoot up for a couple hours tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    G

exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. Will program in excel and revaluate in the AM.

Toured millcreek with wyf n pooch this afternoon. Warm when we started but temp dropped fast and snow filled quick. Only went to the end of the road and back but it was a good first tour for her. Looking like maybe 10 inches on the upper end for tonight. Btown gonna be empty and fun manyana. If you see a madman jumping everything in site on some fishstix ask for change
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Happy to report powmow on Saturday was rain crushed frozen death with 30’ visibility around 1:30.
    Yes, my rosy prediction from Friday night was way off. Crusty mank ruled the day, even Lightning Ridge was junk. We hung it up and starting drinking beers by 10:30.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Google maps say 7.2 miles and 13 minutes from the mouth of the canyon to snowbird. 5:30 if there's a road closure.

If there's not a road closure

Let X be the number of inches since closing last night
    Let Y be the number of inches between 4 AM and departure time
    Let n be the water content of the snow
    Let µ be the number of days since the last good pow day.

8:30 will be your base time assuming all variables are 0. That gets you there at 8:45 ,booted up and in line by 9.
    The number of minutes before 8:30 that you must depart the mouth can best be summed up by

f is the Frank anomaly. Unfortunately it is impossible to predict f in advance, although in retrospect you always wonder how the Frank could turn out any other way.

Peer reviewed & confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    If you see a madman jumping everything in site on some fishstix ask for change
    We need to connect before the season's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    We need to connect before the season's over.
    Hells yeah! Sent you a pm
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    ...supposed to get 5"-6" last night, so I was a little sad with the inch...
    slooowwwwwww pitch!

f is the Frank anomaly.
    I've done the math. This is both alarmingly accurate and unpredictable.

Couple laps crest>milly>crest>gw>hidden>10420>sunnyacres>gw>hi dden99steps (actually 135)>clayton>hidden>sunnyacres.... wash rinse repeat. I don't know whether to call it a sleeper pow day or best dust on crust ever! I actually put all those tgr movies I've watched to use with my sluff management calls lol!

Nevermind my instigrams filters...

The birds of spring

Name:  IMG_20180326_152916_944.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  75.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20180326_152437_618.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  47.9 KB

Sunnyacres

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180326_135755_402.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	229871

Woooooooooo!

Name:  IMG_20180326_153604_112.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  126.4 KB
    Bunny Don't Surf

Anybody wants to tour in BCC or LCC tomorrow, or show me around snowbird sometime this week? I'm here for a few days using my mountain collective, was hoping to get shown around.

Sick shots fugutive!

Spent the weekend staring at spines and wishing I had those Candide skills

Today was much more fun than expected. Looks like there were some big slides over the weekend, but everything seemed pretty locked up at the moment. Minus some surface snow that chased ya as the angle increased.

Timed it just right this year- Flew in 3/16, got the kids in ski school Sat AM, and hit it hard with my local buddy.
    Here is a little video off of Supreme or Sugarloaf- it's a blur.

https://adaps.smugmug.com/Ski-Trip-2018/i-GwkQgTN/A

Alf's Chute area was amazing at 3pm on the 17th- almost untracked back there.
    I would love to catch up with some of the mags next time. Pretty tough with the kids in tow though.

Got 2 solid powder days, and 2 bluebird days. Hiked out to the Wall on Monday for some amazing turns.
    Awesome timing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Timed it just right this year- Flew in 3/16, got the kids in ski school Sat AM, and hit it hard with my local buddy.
    Here is a little video off of Supreme or Sugarloaf- it's a blur.

https://adaps.smugmug.com/Ski-Trip-2018/i-GwkQgTN/A

Alf's Chute area was amazing at 3pm on the 17th- almost untracked back there.
    I would love to catch up with some of the mags next time. Pretty tough with the kids in tow though.

Got 2 solid powder days, and 2 bluebird days. Hiked out to the Wall on Monday for some amazing turns.
    Awesome timing this year.
    FKNA warthog glad you scored!

Always makes me happy when a fellow Floride catches the white wave with good conditions.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    FKNA warthog glad you scored!

Always makes me happy when a fellow Floride catches the white wave with good conditions.
    Well, Jackson Hole wasn't as nice to me, but Alta always treats me well.
    You take over Frizzo's position as the resident TGR Flo-Rida in SLC?
    I'll give a shout before I come out next time. Maybe DTM will have slowed down little by then, and I'll be able to hang.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Well, Jackson Hole wasn't as nice to me, but Alta always treats me well.
    You take over Frizzo's position as the resident TGR Flo-Rida in SLC?
    I'll give a shout before I come out next time. Maybe DTM will have slowed down little by then, and I'll be able to hang.
    I guess thatd be me 321 represent! marcg is my backup and rides dirty like a true soldier outta the 407 should lol! See a lot of Floridiot plates in Utardland so I think its a thing now. Im gonna try to spin some laps with DTM soon and attempt to gauge my radness against true radnicity. I image I will be at least an order of magnitude lower on the radness scale. Definately hollar next time you come out and we will rip some laps!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Stoked to have scored some turns like this this week

Quote Originally Posted by 1thenaton1 View Post
    Stoked to have scored some turns like this this week
    ^^ nice shot. tried to get under the cliffs into the trees before work but ran out of time. n facing turns were solid.

Name:	under-the-cliffs.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	234.8 KB 
ID:	230139

Name:	trees.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	230140

well flying out Friday to what seems at least till mid week cruising the pistes at AltaBird.

Never heard back from Rondelle -

so will go day pass for Alta Saturday, then Spring pass at Snowbird from Sunday(couple Alta top ups). Will do a day Deer Valley next Thursday.

Seems it will be nice and warm in SLC for staying at the Crystal Inn in Midvale, packing mainly shorts.