Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72
Results 1,776 to 1,788 of 1788
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Call me a skeptic but having a screwed up road might be just what they want to kick start improvements.
    This. I hate conspiracy theories, but the idea that Alta and Snowbird actually want the road to be a non-stop crisis-level shitshow has merit.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I could see how they could slow down people on some less-busy, less snowy days (sure that's vague I know), but on big days when they have checked, it was bumper-to bumper anyways. Anyone who got delayed soon enough caught up to the train going up. Barely a delay at all...they just targeted beater cars that looked like FWD and didn't stop every one.

But if they get real cops to direct traffic at Snowbird, and not rent-a-cops, maybe they could at the bottom of the hill. But the difference may be Snowbird can't send cops wherever they want and order them to anything unless it's their private property, is my guess.
    I think you are right for the most part about just letting up all cars that are obviously AWD/4WD, Unfortunately the car rental companies have FWD SUVs in stock; I got stuck with one a few years ago. I've seen a few SUVs sliding around up there. I don't know if it was tires or 2WD.

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    I think you are right for the most part about just letting up all cars that are obviously AWD/4WD, Unfortunately the car rental companies have FWD SUVs in stock; I got stuck with one a few years ago. I've seen a few SUVs sliding around up there. I don't know if it was tires or 2WD.
    Good point. They won't be 100% successful, but I think ti would be worth it.

Attachment 249102

Lamoille canyon in the Rubys is burning, lotta good skiing up there. Maybe this will clear the brush at the bottom of Terminal Cancer though.

There is no NV ski thread, so close enough?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DoYJh_aU0AAlekv.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	249105

anyone been in the spring canyon scenic and wildlife preserve, kinda near emigration? curious about the public / private land boundary and access etc

edit: fwiw it's private, although Utah Open Lands holds an easement to it, it's basically no-access
    Last edited by mall walker; 10-01-2018 at 12:15 PM.

So lots of stoke right now for snow rolling into higher elevations along the Wasatch. Don't get me wrong the time to start praying for snow is near (if not ever present), but is nobody worried about these early storms for BC skiing? This happened last year too and the snowpack was scary af all season long.

*Maybe this belongs in a new thread for 18/19 by

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeple View Post
    So lots of stoke right now for snow rolling into higher elevations along the Wasatch. Don't get me wrong the time to start praying for snow is near (if not ever present), but is nobody worried about these early storms for BC skiing? This happened last year too and the snowpack was scary af all season long.

*Maybe this belongs in a new thread for 18/19 by
    Its always a concerned with early season snow storms, but I don't really consider october snow as abnormal. I've seen the faucet turn on starting in October many times. I guess it really just depends on what happens afterwards....

Right now, I'm just stoked that old man winter is paying us a visit.

Yeah it does suck for skiing. I'm not overly excited for the snow, but am SO stoked for moisture and cooler temps. This summer has been brutal.

Anyone know of a shop that can fix a broken zipper on a jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Yeah it does suck for skiing. I'm not overly excited for the snow, but am SO stoked for moisture and cooler temps. This summer has been brutal.
    As was pointed out above, the problem is that it basically didn't snow at all in the early season and the season totals we're really light.

Jah willing, a 600 inch year will provide stability regardless of what happens in October.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Call Cole Sports in Park City. They have a person who replaces zippers that is local. Did my Arcteryx last year, great quality. I didnít have to pay so I canít answer that one.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I take all that kind of stuff to Stitched Specialties (7343 S 900 E, Midvale, UT 84047, (801) 568-9119). They fixed a broken zipper pull for me last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    I take all that kind of stuff to Stitched Specialties (7343 S 900 E, Midvale, UT 84047, (801) 568-9119). They fixed a broken zipper pull for me last year.
    Yep. Fixed a zip on some patagucci pants and tailored some wader straps for me. They do good work
    Bunny Don't Surf

Knock on a local Mormon families door. Bet most Mormon mom's 40+ can easily handle, or if you have a Mormon grandmother in the neighborhood her too. So many seamstress types in the valley working out of the house. Shits passed down the generations.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum