Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Can’t complain about Solitude today. Got up there early and had some good early runs. Timed the Summit opening pretty much perfect and got about 10th chair.

I bet tomorrow is gonna be good. No Honeycomb gates opened today and I wouldn’t be surprised if they open milk run tomorrow too.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    ...No Honeycomb gates opened today and I wouldn’t be surprised if they open milk run tomorrow too.
    This makes me feel a little better for crapping out at 2:30 thinking I just didn't have the juice for that Honeycomb run. #oldmanvisitingutah

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    5th chair on Condor today. 4 laps of thigh deep fresh tracks. Face shots just about every turn. Woot woot!
    ^^^ nice i dont think bennys gonna take me up on my offer to show him the soli goods
    and somethin about sellin this years skis at 1/2 price means i may not ski till hump day
    you should take bunny to bambi basin
    i got a rossi comper for him
    p and i will ski you soon
    stoked to meet yas biggins and stoked you scored the wasatch goods ill try n make it up tommmarrow
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Who's skiing the Bird tomorrow? Black Arcteryx jacket, OG blue/green bodacious. Ask for change, probably be there opening bell to mid afternoon.

Where was everyone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0697.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	224886

Photo taken by my buddy Travis.

Name:	IMG_0723.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	224887

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Where was everyone?

Name:	IMG_0697.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	224886

Photo taken by my buddy Travis.

Name:	IMG_0723.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	224887
    Way to get after it bob....

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i hopes yur old man legs are toast
    #training4bbi19
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Pulled the trigger and made the choice to ski pow mow last night. Seems like the right move,l after hearing reports from the cottonwoods. even though paradise hasn't opened this year, they allowed us to hike up to the top and ski the pitch back down to hidden lake. We basically just lapped that all day, untracked everytime, extended trips to the white room. That place never disappoints.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back in the day they used to tow people up there with a snowmobile. If your ass fell off, too bad for you.

I'm feeling pretty good, I scored a chair for the 2 1/2 hour wait, thanks for the concern, .

Did a couple laps on the east facing ridges in Mineral Fork. Quite a bit of bushwhacking down low. A little slabby but rode really well.

Yesterday was deep. Lift issues but still a great pow day. No pics due to low temperatures. Utah is back
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Just getting to the canyon this morning as a mother fucker. Will be @ Brighton on fish sticks black pants Blue Jacket black helmet with a change sticker on the back. Ask for it!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Just getting to the canyon this morning as a mother fucker. Will be @ Brighton on fish sticks black pants Blue Jacket black helmet with a change sticker on the back. Ask for it!
    took my kids to school this am in CWood heights (from Sandy) its like people dont know how to drive period...main roads arent bad at all, yet fools think its all snow covered..didnt even engage 4wd this am...dumbasses.

What I will say is that the snow removal in the valley on this storm absolutely 100% sucked balls. They havent had to do shit all winter, and they fucked this storm up royally. Plenty of notice it was going to snow, yet some (lots that i saw) sidestreets still unplowed...

Might head up this afternoon if I'm feeling spunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    took my kids to school this am in CWood heights (from Sandy) its like people dont know how to drive period...main roads arent bad at all, yet fools think its all snow covered..didnt even engage 4wd this am...dumbasses.

What I will say is that the snow removal in the valley on this storm absolutely 100% sucked balls. They havent had to do shit all winter, and they fucked this storm up royally. Plenty of notice it was going to snow, yet some (lots that i saw) sidestreets still unplowed...

Might head up this afternoon if I'm feeling spunky.
    snow removal in my Cwood hts neighborhood sucked too. I've not seen a good, timely cleanup in utah yet. Is snow a new thing for this state?
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    For 15" of new, the LCC didn't ski as good as y'all who are stuck out would think. A bit upside down, and for 1" water, the trail breaking ain't easy.
    Went through a natural cycle with the high PI rates late in the storm.
    Debris actually skied the best early this am.
    The unskied will actually ski better tomorrow after it sets up a little...silver linings if you weren't up here.
    No wind since the snow began...watch out for them rocks!
    Exactly this. For how cold it was I was surprised actually. Still not a bad day skiing almost 2 feet of snow!

Like someone else said everything steep naturalled (3rds) or slid during bombing, and the 1.5-2 feet of heavier snow was almost unturnable on a lot of terrain that didn't slide. Lines definitely were not an issue from my experience as we ended up on Sugarloaf and Supreme pretty early, but the skiable terrain got skied out more quickly than you'd think based on the low crowds because not everything was skiable due to slope angle/not wanting to ski the old layer.

I was so happy to have that pow-day vibe back. Been a long time. Got up early and didn't experience any LCC canyon shitshow, was nice to have every be so happy and excited and friendly, makes me love Alta.

Snow was indeed a bit heavy. Seems it was cold enough for lighter, classic Alta pow, but didn't happen. Any thoughts?

Also, sounds like UPD is doing a piss poor job of enforcing tires/chains/AWD laws. Saw a Ford Taurus stuck off the side below Snowbird entry 1 when I left. Whats up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Anybody have some Southern Utah beta? Heading down to Cedar City this weekend and was thinking of doing a tour in the red rocks off Cedar Canyon. Looks like Brian Head and Cedar itself got hit pretty hard but not sure if there was enough existing snowpack in the mountains to be skiable.

"Back in the day they used to tow people up there with a snowmobile. If your ass fell off, too bad for you."

Back in the day before the snowmobile it was groomed so you could skate out there. never got skied out.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    I was so happy to have that pow-day vibe back. Been a long time. Got up early and didn't experience any LCC canyon shitshow, was nice to have every be so happy and excited and friendly, makes me love Alta.

Snow was indeed a bit heavy. Seems it was cold enough for lighter, classic Alta pow, but didn't happen. Any thoughts?

Also, sounds like UPD is doing a piss poor job of enforcing tires/chains/AWD laws. Saw a Ford Taurus stuck off the side below Snowbird entry 1 when I left. Whats up with that?
    +1, it was fun jumping out of bed and beating the road closure, having breakfast at the GMD and socializing prior to open. Snow was funky. UPD continues to be unpredictable and until they get serious about enforcing chains or 4X4's the shit show on big days will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by rwalk View Post
    Anybody have some Southern Utah beta?
    https://utahavalanchecenter.org/observations/southwest

His last report from your area was a week ago, so pre-recent storm. From his posts, seems like he's always looking for more "observers" to train. I would have pinged him at Christmas, but the snowpack was weak to non-existant. I have had some nice days up that canyon in prior years, fuckin white knuckle driving when it's snowing or snow on the road + it closes periodically.

I have to vent a bit after experiencing my first Collins lift line conflict this AM. I hate that it put a damper for me on what was otherwise a helluva last few days.

[Rant]
    I was solo today and saw 2 empty spots in line. I asked everybody around about the 2 skis and 2 airbags that were on the ground and nobody could say whose they were. So I put my skis next to them. 15 mins before Collins opens, some dude comes out claiming that he had reserved the whole row for his buddies. I told him no skis = no spot in line but he just kept yapping and wouldn't budge. After a few minutes, his buddies do finally show up and now it is 4 vs 1. I didn't want to get into an altercation so I tapped the liftie and explained what happened. Martha told the dudes that no skis = no spot in line, but they just kept yapping. She finally just hooked me up with a spot towards the front of the singles line. So, props to Martha. At the end of the day everything worked out, and honestly at some point I stopped caring about getting my spot in line but just was pissed that these bros were being jerks and that they ended up "winning".
    [/Rant]

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming of stoke...

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 17-18

Fuck the whole, my skis are in line bullshit. Suck it the fuck up and stand there, like a fucking man or woman. On your skis. If I see that shit this weekend, I will chuck your fucking 126mm shit sticks, right through the windows of the GMD. I’m sers biatches. Don’t make me go, ape-shit.
    Go on now
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    I have to vent a bit after experiencing my first Collins lift line conflict this AM. I hate that it put a damper for me on what was otherwise a helluva last few days.

[Rant]
    I was solo today and saw 2 empty spots in line. I asked everybody around about the 2 skis and 2 airbags that were on the ground and nobody could say whose they were. So I put my skis next to them. 15 mins before Collins opens, some dude comes out claiming that he had reserved the whole row for his buddies. I told him no skis = no spot in line but he just kept yapping and wouldn't budge. After a few minutes, his buddies do finally show up and now it is 4 vs 1. I didn't want to get into an altercation so I tapped the liftie and explained what happened. Martha told the dudes that no skis = no spot in line, but they just kept yapping. She finally just hooked me up with a spot towards the front of the singles line. So, props to Martha. At the end of the day everything worked out, and honestly at some point I stopped caring about getting my spot in line but just was pissed that these bros were being jerks and that they ended up "winning".
    [/Rant]

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming of stoke...
    Yeah if they dudes who's skis were there weren't even present when you plopped down that's bs. I often save or have saved for me spots (depends who arrives first) I always wait with my shit til another person in my group arrives. Gotta piss right? So I'm not necessarily against saving for buddies you know will make open bell, but your situation sucked. Martha kicks ass too any day of the week not just today
    Glad you kept a cool head

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Fuck the whole, my skis are in line bullshit. Suck it the fuck up and stand there, like a fucking man or woman. On your skis. If I see that shit this weekend, I will chuck your fucking 126mm shit sticks, right through the windows of the GMD. I’m sers biatches. Don’t make me go, ape-shit.
    Go on now
    And you ski where?
    Take your shit outta this thread.