Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1783
    Yo dibs! I'm guessing that Cali friend is the cat that's now part of our tahoe tribe. He's not missing anything here right now.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    thats what he said they were up in nelson for a couple weeks and managed some good skiing
    the skin kids cuttin into his ski time
    but i hope to some day share turns or watch her fish
    i asked him about you
    stoked he has some solid peeps out that way to share with
    other than that im just gonna leave this here and hopes
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Went on an adventure Saturday and Sunday. Had never been to the deep creeks and figured fuck it, it's gonna be bony but let's explore. The road up Granite Creek was gated for the winter partway up which added a couple miles of walking each way. Just enough snow on the ground below about 8500 feet to be a pain in the ass. Some painful slippery bushwhacking on the way out. That said the range is crazy cool. Got up Red mountain and rode the North ridge down

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180311_083459.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	227929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180311_115554.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	227931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180311_124635.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	227932Name:  IMG_20180311_141851.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  68.2 KB

Yeah car camped Saturday night then skied Sunday and drove home. A day trip from SLC would hurt bad.

Strong work Clay! Topo makes an approach from the west look way shorter. I just wonder about access through the res? Fires have been stoked and plans are formulating to push out from the sheep pen.

I havent skied since last monday and life has been a bitch so I cashed in a mental health day to head up to brighton and go unreasonably fast on shitty snow. I'll be on either black squaretail gotamas or rc112. The fishstix will be in the car jic I get to feeling frisky. Black helmet blue jacket tan pantalones if anyone wants to spin some laps.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Strong work Clay! Topo makes an approach from the west look way shorter. I just wonder about access through the res? Fires have been stoked and plans are formulating to push out from the sheep pen.

I havent skied since last monday and life has been a bitch so I cashed in a mental health day to head up to brighton and go unreasonably fast on shitty snow. I'll be on either black squaretail gotamas or rc112. The fishstix will be in the car jic I get to feeling frisky. Black helmet blue jacket tan pantalones if anyone wants to spin some laps.
    mental health day today over possible pow/storm day tomorrow? Hmmmm

Who said anything about not skiing tomorrow lol? My fuckit bucket is overflowing so it is the best intrest for me and the rest of society that I handle that today. Got mandatory work shizz tomorrow with a exit from servatude at 3ish, a quick bump from Milly or GW if I can getup in time, sidecountry lap or two then back inbounds for NIGHTPOW! If anyone is thinking similarly lets shred!

[glasshalffull] I dont think there are many other places where you can have a real job not in a ski town and the ability to tour before/after work and ski evenings. Makes being a #weekendwarrior not so bad. [/glasshalffull]
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    Yes Scott the March pass is $579 and the April pass goes on sell April first and is $419. Look forward to seeing you here at the Bird soon!
    gonna pass. pass on price and the fact that a good friend who runs a cat there at night said they've identified a closing date of april 29? anyone confirm?

Anybody going up to Brighton on Friday? Seems like that might be the best day after the first wave of precipitation. Ill probably be starting off on Milly. Blue Blizzard Cochise / Purple Salomon Jacket / Black Helmet if anyone wants to meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    lol. btw anyone know if during non-skiing-operating times (like after their closing date) uphill travel is permitted there?
    Alta is the more popular option for that.

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    gonna pass. pass on price and the fact that a good friend who runs a cat there at night said they've identified a closing date of april 29? anyone confirm?
    About a month ago or so they were talking May 7th, so yea wouldn't be surprised if they close really early this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    About a month ago or so they were talking May 7th, so yea wouldn't be surprised if they close really early this year.
    Shit that's early as fuck.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

lol. btw anyone know if during non-skiing-operating times (like after their closing date) uphill travel is permitted there?
    Once they cease for the year completely I believe its legit.

You can typically pay per ride trams and sign a waiver and ski. Main chute is typically where ya head.

Don't know about uphill travel, they are more restrictive, especially if they are doing any work. I'd call

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Once they cease for the year completely I believe its legit.
    I've never been harassed at Alta after they close. Never tried Snowbird after they close. Never been harassed at Bambi Basin either, before opening or after they close. Finally, I have been harassed at Sundance after they close & Eldora :-) (All private property)

https://utahavalanchecenter.org/reso...ravel-policies

Quote Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
    I've never been harassed at Alta after they close. Never tried Snowbird after they close. Never been harassed at Bambi Basin either, before opening or after they close. Finally, I have been harassed at Sundance after they close & Eldora :-) (All private property)

https://utahavalanchecenter.org/reso...ravel-policies
    Yeah Alta is 100% free game after official close. I've been heard saying a great Alta is a closed Alta. Shame if bird closes that early as alta corn skiing off the tram or via top of baldy express (if you can ski out under Cham chutes and boot up to Sugarloaf pass) are fantastic

"Alta is my favorite place to ski, before it opens for the season, and after it closes"

Otherwise, I'll take the bird any day
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Yeah Alta is 100% free game after official close. I've been heard saying a great Alta is a closed Alta. Shame if bird closes that early as alta corn skiing off the tram or via top of baldy express (if you can ski out under Cham chutes and boot up to Sugarloaf pass) are fantastic
    Guess I did set foot into the 'Bird post season on top of Baldy. Thought I recall a picinic table near there where we ate lunch (near the saddle)? And the classic early season line is Main chute on Baldy (Shootin' Gallery). Had one of my best Alta days under the Collins lift before they even opened.

No LCC traffic fustercluck pre or post season either, (just can't bring myself to head over there much mid-season anymore).

If there is a huge storm cycle, they will close Alta to uphill travel and they’ll actually run some routes.

Anyone remember in 99 (I think) when Lone Pine slid after closing and almost hit GMD?

never had any issues after gad 2's closed for the year and once they have summer activities in mind, they don't seem to give a shit. always hit temptation and birthday chutes in may, probably april this year. can let you know when uphill is in play.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    "Alta is my favorite place to ski, before it opens for the season, and after it closes"
    ^^ always look forward to alta after it closes

Flying in thrs night last minute, heard it may snow a bit. Staying in cottonwood heights- anyone heading out fri? Alta bird soli?? Sticking around until Monday then headed to Jackson
    Decisions Decisions

Where was the snow line yesterday? Thinking of heading up at some point today.

any am reports from BCC or LCC?

assuming road not a disaster based on lack of posts here
    Last edited by NBABUCKS1; 03-15-2018 at 11:13 AM.

sleeper morning. dense snow was exactly what was needed. 10" in silver fork but not enough to get things moving. heavier snow did make for slow AF trail breaking. only heard one other voice in the distance outside of my partner's. love spring storms.

Name:	east-bowl.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	228384

Name:	untouched.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	228385

Name:	skins.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	228386

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    sleeper morning. dense snow was exactly what was needed. 10" in silver fork but not enough to get things moving. heavier snow did make for slow AF trail breaking. only heard one other voice in the distance outside of my partner's. love spring storms.
    hahaha that's funny as me and about 2 other groups were lapping the shit out of west bowl up the canyon

great morning! did get a little sluff to run on north facing steep slopes, but nothing to be too alarmed about. thick stouct crust under the new snow