Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1783
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Uh no.

500 inches
    70" this year, 25" in 2014.

Apparently it's planning to make money through real estate sales, financed by naive foreign investors and then they hope to make it a popular MTB place. That would be sweet. 2500' vert and would open fairly early for Utah, like Sundance does. Not sure if they care about snowfall like they should be.

The next Whistler! That will totally happen...totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Uh no.

500 inches
    They closed in early March this season after barely hanging on to a WROD for a month. We took a bunch of their reservations over at Powder as a courtesy. If I was a betting man, I know where I wouldn't put my money.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    They closed in early March this season after barely hanging on to a WROD for a month. We took a bunch of their reservations over at Powder as a courtesy. If I was a betting man, I know where I wouldn't put my money.
    That's because you are not a Trump supporter / climate change denier. You'd have to deny climate change to bankroll that winter operation.
    Sounds like this is would be a more profitable summer operation if it happens, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Lift Blog had a blurb about LCC and one option being considered is a gondola. Can't do it in one clean move, has to make a turn. Tanners Flat was mentioned where you would unload - reload to get to the top, essentially two gondolas, 1200 people per hour. Wonder what the travel time would be? If a tram up Baldy in the event shooting artillery is no longer permitted I can't imagine the outrage putting a gondola in LCC.

They also mentioned more parking at the gravel pit and 9400 S improvements.

They keep mentioning the increased use of LCC. I understand the Albion Basin is definitely busier in the summer than it used to be. Anybody know what LCC's skier numbers were for this past season, Utah skier days were down. Of course if temp's keep rising it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    That's because you are not a Trump supporter / climate change denier. You'd have to deny climate change to bankroll that winter operation.
    The gondola connecting to North Ogden certainly would appeal to a certain demographic. A buddy of mine jokingly wondered if they were going start closing on Sundays now.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Lets see the view.
    K Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1531161663.315504.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	240981

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Could Snowbird's new app help with canyon traffic, perhaps?

https://www.snowbird.com/ride/

I'd say it can't hurt, at least they're trying.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post

No need to buy socks when you can grow 'em!

OldLarry must be so proud.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Is pondo gonna turn that hole-in-the ground to something liveable before the snow flies?
    well livible for mice or men?

gettin poured end of month if the dude who drives that thing keeps the excavator upright

i guess him and i are framin it if any woodbutchers are lookin for a outta the heat gig shadow economy gig
    be the second one in that hood ive framed and roofed
    friend of ours got side swiped by a rock in the lcc rolled his truck and lost a hand
    so a good 30 young and old hands, a dozen paws and 3 splitters bucked up nuff cords for the fam make it thru the winter

sucks when bad shit happens to friends but it reminds me the true measure of people is how they handle adversary and it sure was nice to see precipitation fall from the sky been a hot dry summer so far
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Not to be stalkerish, but I bet I could knock on your office door within two guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post

sucks when bad shit happens to friends but it reminds me the true measure of people is how they handle adversity
    ^^ word. dig the lil' pup.

been hiking, trail running and day dreaming of ski runs this summer in upper lcc/bcc and seeing lots of activity. heard they are putting a heated, covered bridge from the tram center to the cliff and that area is going to change. redoing the fork lift restaurant but nothing except access roads to mary ellen gulch this summer. no lifts yet. only thing i've seen at solitude is regrading on solbright and a slew of cut down trees near eagle. oh yea, i'm sure most of you know this but i didn't when getting the kids passes last weekend. thought all passes got wasatch benefits but its only a certain # of passes. solitude gets 5k of them and they are halfway through them so if you getting them ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The highest peaks and ridgelines in that area all barely crack 8,000 ft.
    Exactly

On the other hand, the owners don't seem to be too concerned. In an interview with the Ogden Standard Examiner, James Colman, the resort manager said,
    "There’s been climate change for millennia. There’s no question the Earth goes through cycles, there is climate change, in general the Earth has been heating up. It’s not something I worry about a whole lot myself. We do the best we can to deal with it, to improve our snowmaking, to improve the way we manage the mountain.

"I just think there are bigger things I have to deal with, personally, that I can have more control over than the climate. I don’t think it’s conclusive, personally, that climate change is human caused. My home in Durango, 10,000 years ago, was under 2,000 feet of ice."

Cognitive dissonance what?
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Cognitive dissonance what?
    I'd make a joke about Durango having some damn good weed these days, but I don't think it's possible to get that out of touch with reality just from blazing herb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I'd make a joke about Durango having some damn good weed these days, but I don't think it's possible to get that out of touch with reality just from blazing herb.
    That guy has a strong future in the GOP /pollyass
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    It’d be funny if it wasn’t so sad. Also funny if he was an outlier, but that’s pretty much the party line of every Utah elected official.

That guy has a strong future in the GOP /pollyass
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    ^^ word. dig the lil' pup.

been hiking, trail running and day dreaming of ski runs this summer in upper lcc/bcc and seeing lots of activity. heard they are putting a heated, covered bridge from the tram center to the cliff and that area is going to change. redoing the fork lift restaurant but nothing except access roads to mary ellen gulch this summer. no lifts yet. only thing i've seen at solitude is regrading on solbright and a slew of cut down trees near eagle. oh yea, i'm sure most of you know this but i didn't when getting the kids passes last weekend. thought all passes got wasatch benefits but its only a certain # of passes. solitude gets 5k of them and they are halfway through them so if you getting them ...
    Good to know. I renewed mine with full wasatch pass benefits a couple of weeks ago. However, what i really want to know is the Ikon conversion. I would love a couple of days thrown in at Jackson Hole. I guess we find out in November after close of the deal.

The Nordic Valley deal has got to be a pump-and-dump stock scam of some kind, a throwback to when that happened all the time in the mining days. I mean, it has to be, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The Nordic Valley deal has got to be a pump-and-dump stock scam of some kind, a throwback to when that happened all the time in the mining days. I mean, it has to be, right?
    Best person to ask is probably Gage Froerer: https://house.utah.gov/rep/FROERG

He is leaving his seat in the house to be a Weber County Commissioner. Oh yeah, and he owns a bunch of land around Nordic Valley. But he's never done anything self-serving as a legislator.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Best person to ask is probably Gage Froerer: https://house.utah.gov/rep/FROERG

He is leaving his seat in the house to be a Weber County Commissioner. Oh yeah, and he owns a bunch of land around Nordic Valley. But he's never done anything self-serving as a legislator.
    Purely coincidental, I'm sure. The Fonz looks like he's a man of impeccable character.

With Squaw and Jackson both installing summertime Via Ferrata's, I think it would be wise for Alta in conjunction with the new tram and base development build a via ferrata along devil's castle offering patrons the ability to ski the ribbon. Talk about a bucketlist destination item!!

With Squaw and Jackson both installing summertime Via Ferrata's, I think it would be wise for Alta in conjunction with the new tram and base development build a via ferrata along devil's castle offering patrons the ability to ski the ribbon. Talk about a bucketlist destination item!!
    Problem with the ribbon is the goats get ornery when you trespass on their territory. Hopefully this coming winter there is enough snow that it fills in and somebody can give it a whirl, I would love to watch.