Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1783
    Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Looks like tomorrow may be my last lift accessed powder day for the year. Hoping for a good time at Solitude.

Is it just me or are resorts selling next season passes way earlier this year?
    Yea, Alta for sure, it was always August. Heard from a good source that they felt like they had to with the Epic, Ikon and Mountain Collective already available.

Brighton's website seems to be saying that if you want early season pricing you have to buy by 4/22 and prices go up to $949 after that. WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Brighton's website seems to be saying that if you want early season pricing you have to buy by 4/22 and prices go up to $949 after that. WTF!
    Snowbasin's early season pass price goes up this weekend.

Yeah that’s nuts. Maybe they’re hurting for cash and need to get a bunch of early sales.

All the cool kids are doing it, I bought my next year's pass on March 12th. Just another way to try and lock their customers in.

I decided to stay home and ski instead of go to the desert and ride bikes, so it's probably going to fizzle out
    Shut your durty whore mouf! See you at milly brightn early green jacket tan pants fishstix

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    headed up expecting another dust on crust outing, boy was I pleasantly surprised. 6" in the lot by grizz. cold, dumping and windy. skied mostly S-W due to time constraints. largely well bonded varying 4-10" with wind/elevation. some sensitive-to-stomping wind slabs forming even at mid-elevation already, some slough in the steeps, wind was really cranking though. I even found some bonafide face shots... good-ass turns today. biggest downside was not bringing goggles. tonight at brighton should be money, tomorrow morning should be money. I'm leaving tomorrow for a CO hut trip but still might sneak in some am turns if I can... get you some!!!!

Attachment 232113
    headed into that same zone around 5 after work. More like a foot with lots of wind effect that was far lower than normal. Freezing fucking cold nuking wind outta west. Lots of snow moving. The whole upper zone on patsy trees was shitfucked to below the first roll then it improved considerably down to michigan where it was damn good the rest of the way to the car. Springing back into winter is ok in my book!
    This is madness! Maybe I will just buy a canyons pass? Nawwwww fuck Vail resorts.
    Last edited by mall walker; 04-18-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

21” at Alta. Get it locals.
    Solitude still doesn’t list next years pass info. I spoke to the management last week about whether or not it would have wasatch pass benefits again since I needed to make a pass decision. I’m going off their word it will. These super early pass dead would be ok to think about if all competing info was released, but it’s not. Only thing I know is no epic pass for me. Fuck vail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Only thing I know is no epic pass for me. Fuck vail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You might be from North Cackalacky but yer allright in my book!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

It sure don't suck this morning. All aspects skiing good, reasonable hazard. Hope y'all got sum.

Definitely did not. Some blown off glare ice areas at Brighton but mostly deep and not hitting bottom. Good times jumping off shit with Fugitive and some of his knuckledragger buddies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_10160103807835167.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	232221

Grizzly skied surprising well last night and really well this morning before work.

Alta was good, real good. Snowed all day, only hit the frozen layer a couple of times and not on high angle slopes, a top five day

Sounds like LCC did a little better this go round. Soli was fun but I was certainly hitting the frozen layer quite a bit.

Skied untracked all day at Snowbird today. Truly outstanding. The gromettes suffered on the windy traverses but it was waist deep for them. Great day

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Fun times in LCC after work today. Scraped the bottom once or twice on more south facing aspects, but everything still skied great. The sun poked through the clouds for a bit too. Such a pretty place to ski.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1FAE19DC-FC69-40B6-BF50-DE0583F8AE38.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	520.4 KB 
ID:	232240

Hmmm, glad to hear some of you found good skiing/riding at the resorts and in upper LCC today. I certainly did NOT find such conditions in upper White Pine.

Alta reported the storm total as 28" and the snow density (as of yesterday) at 8.39% (https://www.alta.com/conditions/weat...owfall-history), but I would guess that after settling and after considerable wind effects the snow density in upper White Pine was at least double that. I got a late start (12:15 PM) and only went as far as the bottom of Boulder Basin. Had to break trail from the Red/White Pine trail jct. to the bottom of the gully that leads up to Boulder Basin from White Pine Creek. Saw 4 other skiers/riders at a distance who had come down from above (maybe Red Baldy) and then made the climbing track up the gully to the base of the NE Face of Lake Peak. 2 of them ascended and skied the face and the other 2 just skied/rode back down the gully. Other than those 4 I saw no one else on my whole trip to/from the White Pine parking lot. I opted not to climb either face of Lake Peak because the light was so flat, neatly a white out when I was there. It was snowing lightly most of the afternoon. But, there was very little wind up to the elevation I went (about 9,800' or 9,900'). However, it was obvious that winds had done their dirty deed yesterday and earlier this morning.

I descended via Dog Dish and had to do more "downhill trail breaking" than I did downhill ski turns. It was HEAVY! Dog Dish wasn't steep enough to get much momentum in today's snow (and I ski on 141-112-128 DPS Tour1 Wailer 112 RP2's). Also, on a few steep slopes I nearly skidded on the old frozen rain surface which was exposed as glare ice in a few spots. At the bottom of Dog Dish I took the route down the steep face that drops down to the big meadow where the uphill skin track leaves the forest. Not a good idea! There was a super hard, crusty old rain surface at the top where it's the steepest and has a lot of little trees that make it difficult to find a good line. About half way down the trees are sparser and the snow was actually pretty good and deep enough to avoid scraping the old rain surface -- but that lasted for only about 10 turns before reaching the meadow.
    Last edited by lhitchner; 04-13-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    a top five day
    ^^ no doubt

sick turns today w/each run better than the last. started out of solitude at 6am and headed to west bowl. lapped west bowl then headwall. saw a good bit of drifting on ridges, below average sloughs with the exception of headwall (ave.) hit a just killer jaws after we ski cut it thrice to minimal effect. skinned up north ridge of main days to the banana belt and out spruces before 2. heard several happy voices in the distance today. what a day!

Name:	silver-fork-headwall.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	232243

Name:	entrance.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	232244

Name:	jaws.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	235.0 KB 
ID:	232245

Name:	banana-belt.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	232246

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    forgive me ullr it has been 25 days since i last paid homage
    hooked up with an old friend pac man escapee from the jail house in Ely
    bit blustery and scoured to the slick rain crust on the ridge

find were the wind puts it
    and it sure didn't all up in yo grill suck

vibes to the friends and fam of the cardiac arrest fatality
    and kudos to those who gave cpr
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Stunning photos all.

Glad to see the Wasatch looking like it's awesome self again.

And you chargers deeeeeeep in it...yesssssssssss.

Popped my Superior cherry this morning!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

^^Nice! Super good day at snowbird yesterday. I was not ready for the cold. Went up Red Baldy this morning. Dropped a little south facing chute into the American Fork side that was great. Went back up and did one of the chutes back into white pine, which was windblasted. Smooth and edgeable at least. Stand out day of touringClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180414_085038.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	232288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180414_095701.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	232289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180414_111045.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	232291

Get ready to Frank!!!
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Yesterday was pretty good. I’m headed out to see what cold snow remains.

Name:	LRG_DSC04860.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	232353Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRG_DSC04867.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	567.7 KB 
ID:	232354

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    headed up

nother nice day few clouds helped keeps it from mankin too fast

castle scrubbing bubbles line ups and work was impressive

sfacin mich city creamy bout noon
    hooked up with a crew of og soli freaks on a peak

got down

didnt suck

headed back ups

loose to much elavation or northernly aspect
    and youll find the suck
    see ya special soli snowflakes atop p horn for a anual lds gathering
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I’m headed out to see what cold snow remains.
    The answer is: not much.