Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    This is actually a good friend of mines buddy. Interesting story. My buddy in 2014 had a heart attack waiting in line for the castle. The man who passed today was with him when it happened and likely helped save his life. My buddy was at Alta today, but not with the deceased at the time. RIP.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yeah, Rob came over from the line to the Castle to the patrol shack. Complained that it "burned when he breathed". Never heard that symptom. Only other complaint was that he "didn't feel right". No history. Smelled like shitty weed. Almost made a joke. Glad I didn't.
    6 stints and 6 weeks later he was back living life large. Glad he pulled the plug on the Castle that day on a gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    ^^^Nice post, yo. A hard day for the ASP and all his other friends and family. Vibes.
    I don’t have much experience with Patrol at other Mnts but ASP is top notch. They work their asses off, are approachable, will give you a tip where the best snow is and frequently when thanked will turn it around and thank you for coming. (I’m glad Titus only kinda retired)

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Yeah, Rob came over from the line to the Castle to the patrol shack. Complained that it "burned when he breathed". Never heard that symptom. Only other complaint was that he "didn't feel right". No history. Smelled like shitty weed. Almost made a joke. Glad I didn't.
    6 stints and 6 weeks later he was back living life large. Glad he pulled the plug on the Castle that day on a gut feeling.
    Ha..you know Rob..? Small world. Wonder if we have ever met? I do my best to ski a little with Rob when he is in town. He typically stays with my buddy in cwood heights. Crazy story though. RIP Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I don’t have much experience with Patrol at other Mnts but ASP is top notch. They work their asses off, are approachable, will give you a tip where the best snow is and frequently when thanked will turn it around and thank you for coming. (I’m glad Titus only kinda retired)
    I agree 100%. I thank every one I pass on a trail or ride on a lift with. Shit pay with high risk. They work for every fresh track you see them lay. This holds true for a lot of resorts I've been to, but Alta stands out for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post

This is beautiful.
    Light's perfect, ski tip and hand and maybe pole showing, unreal pow, sparkles...
    Skiing is so damn hard to capture.

always great to get out wra. snow and turns were way good. spruces-reynolds-wilson glade-bonus bowl-millcreek. another thursday, we will ski.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wilson.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	225410

looked at the wilson chute avalanche. millcreek exit needs snow
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wilson-chute.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	225411

You all are welcome. Got home at midnight monday night and promptly disloc'd my shoulder Tuesday morning, not even 12 hours after getting home. As much as its gonna kill me, going to sit this weekend out too. There will be more pow!

Went for a walk with an old friend yesterday, always good to visit him.... Argenta is open for business, but likely only open for a limited time

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Been snowing all day in SLC by the you. Headed up for pow night at be right on!!! Green Jacket fish sticks change will be served!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Does anyone carry 5 pennies for change?

So freaking stoked!
    Getting in tomorrow night. A-Lodge is keeping dinner warm for us. Storm riding Sunday.
    Let’s Party!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    So freaking stoked!
    Getting in tomorrow night. A-Lodge is keeping dinner warm for us. Storm riding Sunday.
    Let’s Party!
    Put up or shut up right? Hope to ski ya Sunday.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 17-18

Guy, for real. I’ve been skiing ice all year. My legs are good. It’s you that should be worried. Not I and I. Let’s do this.
    Go On Now
    crab in my shoe mouth

Anyone heading up to lcc early in the morning to beat the traffic and can give this jerry a lift at a park n ride? Otherwise I am planning on going to first stop at Midvale Fort Union Station and getting there at 7:52. Wife has to use the 4wd tomorrow or Id never hear the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Guy, for real. I’ve been skiing ice all year. My legs are good. It’s you that should be worried. Not I and I. Let’s do this.
    Go On Now
    I never worry

Quote Originally Posted by WasatchFlatlander View Post
    Anyone heading up to lcc early in the morning to beat the traffic and can give this jerry a lift at a park n ride? Otherwise I am planning on going to first stop at Midvale Fort Union Station and getting there at 7:52. Wife has to use the 4wd tomorrow or Id never hear the end of it.
    Where ya skiing? I'm considering going up a bit early, but can never be 100% sure I will. I'm up early though. If I think I'll make it I'll pm ya like 630ish am...sound good?

crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Where ya skiing? I'm considering going up a bit early, but can never be 100% sure I will. I'm up early though. If I think I'll make it I'll pm ya like 630ish am...sound good?
    Sent a pm. Is it normal to just stand on the opposite end of the park n ride and wait for a hitch?

Quote Originally Posted by WasatchFlatlander View Post
    Sent a pm. Is it normal to just stand on the opposite end of the park n ride and wait for a hitch?
    Agree very normal...I've picked up many a hitchhiker at the merge.

The bird was awesome today, not many people either. Unfortunately I left a ski in the vicinity of tower three on the cirque... If anyone comes across a revision subtraction 185cm with black fks, drop me a line. It should make for a fun hike this summer!

Thinking about headed out to use my 3 days at Powmow sometime soon, anyone been recently?

I have some vouchers for squaw/alpine valid for this season. I am looking to trade anywhere from 1-6 vouchers straight trade for Snowbird tickets or vouchers. I would considered trade for Alta tickets also. Sorry if this is the wrong thread. PM me for details.
    The commander of time

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Went for a walk with an old friend yesterday, always good to visit him.... Argenta is open for business, but likely only open for a limited time

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    nice i have a collar and a tag from a good old best friend that needs to reside atop his peak now that hes gone been meaning to get up there but havent felt it
    partners mom fell and i got some bunion things going was gonna bail but a wasatch bunny alert was recieved
    headed up to b right ons to welcome the profane bunners to the satch
    but no bunnys there

no bunnys here

damn cold even when the sun popped out

negitive bunny contact
    but thanks for gettin me up n out hellofa nice day and conditions to go bunny huntin
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I'll be around by Tuesday...save some pow, eh?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by alect47 View Post
    Thinking about headed out to use my 3 days at Powmow sometime soon, anyone been recently?
    Heading up today it’s getting better
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)