Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    JC, do you have any idea what environmentalist would do with towers all over NPS land in the watershed creek bed for eight miles?? You would need an EIS that would more than likely take years and the cost would be astronomical.

What is better bus service? Every 15 minutes now, do you want them every 5 minutes? The problem with buses is they are not available at a moments notice. Oh, its a big powder day and the road doesn't open until 9:30, the buses scheduled to drop skiers off at 8:00 AM and drive back down to pick up passengers at 9:00 are still in the conga line. The road gets closed during the day and nothing gets back up until 3:00. It is just not practical to have 10 buses that sit and wait in case the road gets screwed up.
    Nobody said buses were gonna be ideal, ha. Installing tolls is the easiest 'solution', or the quickest to set up. Everything else will be delayed by Save Our Canyons, but certainly not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by skijosh View Post
    Maybe they could also set a groomer down the whole canyon (like they did once before) so you could ski all the way down to your car as well
    For real? They did this? When?

Why is this not a thing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0126181323b.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	606.6 KB 
ID:	222357

Name:	0126181355.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	222358
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

solitude-silver fork-east bowl

Name:	powder.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	508.3 KB 
ID:	222373

Name:	east-bowl.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	928.1 KB 
ID:	222374

Name:	avalanche.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	966.2 KB 
ID:	222375

the little man said they traversed out to boundary chutes and crystal point a couple of times and sent some shit... probably not quite in those terms.

Name:	crystal-point.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	890.4 KB 
ID:	222376

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ya GO keepin the stoke to drival ratio righteous with the grom shots
    winter that only sucks if ya let it contiues
    headed out hwy2heav w/ fu cats sfotex and the mrs.
    observations include but not limited to
    a couple volie ski tips and a bum training for the bbi

sunny skis and good skiing on ne slopes

pork u pines

ups

n downsofdidn'tsuck

todays obs stoked by

AJF = as OG as it gets in the slc brew game
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

How many cars and people go up on really busy days? How many buses would it take to reduce most of that traffic? Do they plan on having that many buses and drivers available every day of the season? Most of buses would sit idle or run empty 90% of the days. I don't see how they could afford it.

If they make an expensive toll I imagine people will take the bus on low traffic days and drive up on busy days because they don't want to be on a 2 hour bus ride.

If a gondola takes 45+ minutes to get from the mouth of LCC to Albion I expect lots of people will drive on the days the road is working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    How many cars and people go up on really busy days? How many buses would it take to reduce most of that traffic? Do they plan on having that many buses and drivers available every day of the season? Most of buses would sit idle or run empty 90% of the days. I don't see how they could afford it.

If they make an expensive toll I imagine people will take the bus on low traffic days and drive up on busy days because they don't want to be on a 2 hour bus ride.

If a gondola takes 45+ minutes to get from the mouth of LCC to Albion I expect lots of people will drive on the days the road is working well.
    Combine a gondola and a toll. You'll get more people riding the gondola, and anyone who doesn't pays a toll that pays for the gondola.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

maybe the mountain accord 2.0 can waste 8 mil of our tax dollars
    to accomplish diddly shit other than get sued for not even doing it in accordance of laws
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    the real question now is who do we call and pressure to get this done...
    Man if I knew we would already be building it. Has this idea ever been entertained or suggested at all? Seems.no brainer.

Ill be up at the bird today if anyone cares to ask for change/link up - green jacket, orange pants, gotamas

Good point, I would also want to drive on a big day and pay whatever. So busy days will still be a cluster.

If a gondola was built, they should close the road completely to all public traffic on busy days.

Incoming around Feb 10. Will ping. Likely ensconsed up Ogden way.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Incoming around Feb 10. Will ping. Likely ensconsed up Ogden way.
    ill ski you at bbi fri 4 sure and make plans for utarded musings

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ill ski you at bbi fri 4 sure and make plans for utarded musings
    great, you have crash space here?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Full report on Meadow's accident is up. Glad to hear it wasn't worse.

Few shots from in the resort on Friday

To the motley crew I donated the woodford to in the solisunday parking lot,I hope you enjoy the rest of the day . Had to be maggots. Sorry I couldn’t introduce myself, had a flight to catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    beatering around alta with some friends this pm, gray pants black dynafit jacket gray hat, dynafiddles with stickers on the skis, ask for change. with the wife and some beginners.
    Described my day to a T yesterday. Mostly mellow laps off sunnyside and finally convinced group to ski the supreme lift. Great day all around. Would have love to have met irl

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Combine a gondola and a toll. You'll get more people riding the gondola, and anyone who doesn't pays a toll that pays for the gondola.

I kinda figured that it we were talking about a gondola we were also talking about a toll. What does an 8 mile gondola cost? If the gondola was free how many tolls would it take to pay for it? How much are we willing to spend to fix a problem that happens about 20 days a year? I like the idea of a gondola that took 20 minutes from mouth to Albion. Not so crazy about one that takes an hour.

I kinda figured that it we were talking about a gondola we were also talking about a toll. What does an 8 mile gondola cost? If the gondola was free how many tolls would it take to pay for it? How much are we willing to spend to fix a problem that happens about 20 days a year? I like the idea of a gondola that took 20 minutes from mouth to Albion. Not so crazy about one that takes an hour.
    I’ve always wondered what the true economic impact of lcc and bcc truly are in relative terms.
    Meaning is it wrong to expect taxpayers to subsidize an experience that 99% of them don’t care about. Does the cost of keeping them open in winter even equal the revenue they generate in sales taxes and tourism? What if udot simply never plowed and avalanche controlled them and told the privately owned resort to figure out a way for their own clients.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I’ve always wondered what the true economic impact of lcc and bcc truly are in relative terms.
    Meaning is it wrong to expect taxpayers to subsidize an experience that 99% of them don’t care about. Does the cost of keeping them open in winter even equal the revenue they generate in sales taxes and tourism? What if udot simply never plowed and avalanche controlled them and told the privately owned resort to figure out a way for their own clients.

I don't have numbers, but I'd imagine that tourism brings big bucks to Utah, both winter and summer. I also think a toll road, combined with a gondola could potentially would possibly pay for itself. As for how long it would take. 45min seems right. I don't know how fast those effers can turn.

I decided to ride the bus this morning for the hell of it, having not taken it in several years. I live near the 9400s 2000e PnR, so I left my house at 10:34 and hopped on the 10:40 bus. Got off at the tram center at 11:08. Pretty damn convenient.

The ride wasn't bad at all because there were plenty of seats when I got on, but geez it would suck to stand up for the whole ride, even when it is clear and fast like today. As long as that is even a remote possibility I think there is a big chunk of skiiers who will never consider the bus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why isn't anyone proposing the obvious solution?

Hyper-loop FTMFW!

Someone get Elon on this!

Great pics, batts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Can someone clarify the dynamics of the Icon Pass? Is it just a new mountain collective ? Or will Alta for example offer an Alta only pass or I can buy an Icon Pass that gives me reciprocal , unlimited access to all the resorts in its portfolio ?

Tbh I was pretty pumped about being able to get reciprocity at deer valley, snowbird , steamboat , j hole, aspen , copper and squaw via my Alta Pass

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What about an electric monorail. Skier mover? Gaper mover?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    What about an electric monorail. Skier mover? Gaper mover?
    8 mile magic carpet in tunnels and snowsheds. Like the basshole, but much longer