Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    725 gets you a season pass. Ticket per day is.like $104. You'll cover the cost no problem if you ski Alta every day of your trip.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    thanks there used to be spring deals for years at snowbird of pass for 400ish then used to top up if day at Alta... so no word of that then again this year - I thought they would have with the poorer conditions...

ya plan is 8 days AltaBird and 1 deer valley all conditions dependent... maybe 1 PCMR but the price!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    thanks there used to be spring deals for years at snowbird of pass for 400ish then used to top up if day at Alta... so no word of that then again this year - I thought they would have with the poorer conditions...

ya plan is 8 days AltaBird and 1 deer valley all conditions dependent... maybe 1 PCMR but the price!!!!
    yeah keep checking at the Bird they usually most years start the Spring pass March-1, that one that starts that early is still a bit spendy, i believe it's maybe in the 500 to 600ish range.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Marge says 19 at the beav
    ifin i wasn't wage slavin today id go see her
    i hearts the marge
    and the beav
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Been too long since this has been up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    connie told me only a trace early this morn
    i knew there was sheningans
    on that am report
    ya all git sum
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Things are looking good up here at Soli, road was smooth sailing too. I’m finally busting out the protests for the first time this year. Giddy as a school kid!

I wrote a Haiku this morning on the shitter at work while slitting my wrists...

I hate to work OT
    Powder you shred is from me
    I wish I could ski

Heard LCC was backed to Bengal on wasatch at 740am. Might just wait til tomorrow. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Heard LCC was backed to Bengal on wasatch at 740am. Might just wait til tomorrow. Ugh

I don't know about 7:40 AM, but here's a photo of the traffic at 9:20 AM courtesy of the UDOT traffic cameras. You can check traffic and road conditions at many canyon and Wasatch Blvd. camera locations via this UDOT web site, http://www.utahcommuterlink.com. Their main map also shows colored coded traffic congestion. The cameras can be aimed by UDOT folks, so sometimes they pont in different directions. The camera at the mouth of LCC usually shows the traffic sign, and you can often read what it says about restrictions (in case your other sources are not quite up to date). This morning, however, the LCC camera is pointing down canyon.
    Name:  Bengal Blvd.jpeg
Views: 674
Size:  60.3 KBName:  Wasatch Blvd.jpeg
Views: 665
Size:  55.3 KBName:  Mouth LCC.jpeg
Views: 645
Size:  55.8 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	UDOT Traffic Cameras.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	536.1 KB 
ID:	224810

Quote Originally Posted by lhitchner View Post
    I don't know about 7:40 AM, but here's a photo of the traffic at 9:20 AM courtesy of the UDOT traffic cameras. You can check traffic and road conditions at many canyon and Wasatch Blvd. camera locations via this UDOT web site, http://www.utahcommuterlink.com. Their main map also shows colored coded traffic congestion. The cameras can be aimed by UDOT folks, so sometimes they pont in different directions. The camera at the mouth of LCC usually shows the traffic sign, and you can often read what it says about restrictions (in case your other sources are not quite up to date). This morning, however, the LCC camera is pointing down canyon.
    Name:  Bengal Blvd.jpeg
Views: 674
Size:  60.3 KBName:  Wasatch Blvd.jpeg
Views: 665
Size:  55.3 KBName:  Mouth LCC.jpeg
Views: 645
Size:  55.8 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	UDOT Traffic Cameras.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	536.1 KB 
ID:	224810
    My source lives right near there

Must be nutty. They closed LCC road again. My buddy spent 4 hours waiting and on the bus only to get off and go home. Those lucky few that beat the closure are likely enjoying country club conditions. I bet tomorrow will be equally as bad since today many likely turned around.

LCC is the new I70

Quote Originally Posted by marcg View Post
    yeah keep checking at the Bird they usually most years start the Spring pass March-1, that one that starts that early is still a bit spendy, i believe it's maybe in the 500 to 600ish range.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    yes thats the pass I normally get from April 1... it was not on last year though...

thought it would have been up by now if it was...

hopefully thats winter now there for the next 6 weeks...

Sounds like quite the gong show today. Still beats sitting in OH where its 50 and pissing rain.

Get after it today and save me some for tomorrow.

Damn, looks like nearly everything’s open at the Bird, kinda surprising. Good job SSP. Road closed, country club. One of those days you live for. Enjoy Bob!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

For 15" of new, the LCC didn't ski as good as y'all who are stuck out would think. A bit upside down, and for 1" water, the trail breaking ain't easy.
    Went through a natural cycle with the high PI rates late in the storm.
    Debris actually skied the best early this am.
    The unskied will actually ski better tomorrow after it sets up a little...silver linings if you weren't up here.
    No wind since the snow began...watch out for them rocks!

Bro went up and got into bcc canyon around 07:30. He parked at Brighton 15 minutes before open and was likely close to first chair from his report. Had to work today . At least I got to go outside and play with the kids in the snow, they had a good time.

Snowbird did not suck. I filled my hood several times with the over the shoulder blower. I caught 10th Zoom chair, and was wondering where the heck everyone was at, I was too busy charging to hear about the canyon closure. Either get up early and wait upstream, or wait in the conga line.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    udot wasn't thrilled about people showing up early and camping out in their cars...

been snowing all day at my house by the U, pretty heavily at the moment. finally.
    I'm sure they weren't but wtf you going to do? Not all people skiing LCC live in SLC or surrounding. Some come from PC or sojo and if you don't leave early and cue up you'll never get up. So how's it work? I'd imagine this year is slightly different due to not having the normal pow days before today. Bet tomorrow is just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Damn, looks like nearly everything’s open at the Bird, kinda surprising. Good job SSP. Road closed, country club. One of those days you live for. Enjoy Bob!
    It appears same at Alta. Good job ASP, but dayum did you have to open it all on a country club day? Leave some for us poor schlubs that were not able to get up today. Bet all those that made it were getting after it for sure.

Definitely not a country club day. Full parking lot at Alta and long lines until noon. Reason so much opened is because so much slid, natural and explosive triggered. Anything over 30 degrees slid to previous layer. Skiing was definitely good, but snow was thicker than excepted. Should be interesting to hear reports come in from the bc. If this didn’t trigger deep slabs, not sure what will.

Quote Originally Posted by sgsbet86 View Post
    Definitely not a country club day. Full parking lot at Alta and long lines until noon. Reason so much opened is because so much slid, natural and explosive triggered. Anything over 30 degrees slid to previous layer. Skiing was definitely good, but snow was thicker than excepted. Should be interesting to hear reports come in from the bc. If this didn’t trigger deep slabs, not sure what will.
    Thanks for attempting to soften the blow. I was off today, but when the road reports started coming in and I wasn't in line before 8am I knew it was over for me. Bet it was fun for sure. Lines or not.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Marge says 19 at the beav
    ifin i wasn't wage slavin today id go see her
    i hearts the marge
    and the beav
    Woke up to 15" and maybe another another 5 by days end? Thanks ootah, yer dope. Cheers sfb, yer dope too. Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by sgsbet86 View Post
    Its gonna take a lot more water weight and wind than we've gotten in this storm to tickle many deep slabs.
    We're only at a little over an 1 1/4" water weight, and the temps will help seize the deeper pack as well.
    Plenty of fun to be had tomorrow.

5th chair on Condor today. 4 laps of thigh deep fresh tracks. Face shots just about every turn. Woot woot!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix