Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 242
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,828
    Some untracked leftovers this AM. Shoulder, lower Wildcat liftline (really??) all skiing well still, with plenty of untracked snow to get my powder fix before that window shuts.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    153
    Yíall think the kitty will still be skiing good this weekend ?

    Sounds like Alta has by far most terrain open anywhere in UT... glad I got the Alta pass instead of Bird

  3. #153
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    8,885
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Y’all think the kitty will still be skiing good this weekend ?

    Sounds like Alta has by far most terrain open anywhere in UT... glad I got the Alta pass instead of Bird
    Alta is just a bit more free with their policy of having the skiers compact the trails. They let YOU decide if you mind the potential ski damage or potential bodily damage. This is why more terrain is open. I like this policy.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    315
    First tour of the year for me. Doing some turn farming off Point Supreme. Hit less rocks than expected.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171206_143515.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	218221

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    5,961
    Is Farmer Dave still around? That was one of his favorite spots, amirite? Met him out there back around '93 or so.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandy, 5 miles from the mouth of LCC
    Posts
    43

    Farmer Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Is Farmer Dave still around? That was one of his favorite spots, amirite? Met him out there back around '93 or so.
    Yes, he's "still around". He recently bought his 44th consecutive Alta Season Pass (if I did the math right, he started in the winter of 1974-75, the season after we both moved here from the East Coast after leaving New England ice skiing. He missed getting a pass in the 73-74 season because he went too late after Alta closed the season pass sales but has had one every other year except maybe one or two years when he was living out of the US I think). I believe he still farms occasionally, but not as often as in past years. He skis Alta every day, and I believe he's happy and willing to meet and ski with fellow powder hounds.

    Name:  DSC_0897 - Version 2.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  279.8 KB

    If you see him on the slopes, he'll probably have snow and icicles in his beard and mustache.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    169
    High boy was worth the lost ptex getting there!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    5,961
    Quote Originally Posted by lhitchner View Post
    Yes, he's "still around". He recently bought his 44th consecutive Alta Season Pass (if I did the math right, he started in the winter of 1974-75, the season after we both moved here from the East Coast after leaving New England ice skiing. He missed getting a pass in the 73-74 season because he went too late after Alta closed the season pass sales but has had one every other year except maybe one or two years when he was living out of the US I think). I believe he still farms occasionally, but not as often as in past years. He skis Alta every day, and I believe he's happy and willing to meet and ski with fellow powder hounds.

    Name:  DSC_0897 - Version 2.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  279.8 KB

    If you see him on the slopes, he'll probably have snow and icicles in his beard and mustache.
    Oh that's so cool, glad he's still getting after it.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    High boy was worth the lost ptex getting there!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    5,961
    Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Broken femur in Grizzly yesterday. Not the way to start your season.
    You broke your femur? Oh shit, dude. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,088
    wtf happened to em? thatís a serious injury

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    4,686
    Sounds like he hit something....

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    cottonwood heights
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    You broke your femur? Oh shit, dude. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    best wishes 4 good rehab..i broke that one when I was 12...it was 2 months body cast back then
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    1,075
    If sfotex broke a femur it might slow him down enough in the sk8nner for the rest of us to keep up.

    Headed to brighton today. Gonna spin a couple laps on my touring gear to get the feel of them then head out the gate

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    4,804
    Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Sounds like he hit something....
    I've known two people who have broken a femur skiing. In bother cases, they kicked a stump or rock and landed on the next stump or rock.

    If you must leave ze piste, be careful!

  16. #166
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    8,885
    This guy's been a pretty good forecaster for the Wasatch...this looks ugly....

    http://opensnow.com/dailysnow/utah/post/9280
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  17. #167
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Salt Lake Chitty, UT
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    best wishes 4 good rehab..i broke that one when I was 12...it was 2 months body cast back then
    Damn, speedy recovery dude! Still lowtide in 'Satch ... unfortunately

    Was at Alta other day, skiing nice all things considering - a few ground taps but nothing to throw you off

    -Z
    You took too much man, too much, too much

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Sounds like he hit something....
    Thought I would let everyone know, I was the guy in Grizzly on Wednesday. I hit a rock on Patsy and landed on another super hard on my hip/thigh. I made it down most of the way but eventually needed a rescue. X-rays we're ok, just super sore, lucky it wasn't a fracture. Be careful out there!!! Big thank you to the everyone that helped me especially Alta patrol - Ben/Liz/and JB came to get me.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by RHag34 View Post
    Thought I would let everyone know, I was the guy in Grizzly on Wednesday. I hit a rock on Patsy and landed on another super hard on my hip/thigh. I made it down most of the way but eventually needed a rescue. X-rays we're ok, just super sore, lucky it wasn't a fracture. Be careful out there!!! Big thank you to the everyone that helped me especially Alta patrol - Ben/Liz/and JB came to get me.
    ^^ glad to hear you are doing alright. definitely low tide. still took a walk this morning...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skis.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1,001.9 KB 
ID:	218333

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,088
    hidden canyon was fun again yesterday evening. a bit more settled and a bit more tracked. hope it snows more cuz itís a bit grim right now.

    glad to hear youíre ok too RHag34

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brokane / Fresh Lake City
    Posts
    2,832
    Skiing was great yesterday! After rescuing some kids that got their Subaru stuck and had to spend the night we proceeded to ski our asses off. Our host may have the fastest most casual transitions I've ever seen so it felt like we spent the day chasing him around, which was rad since he just keep skiing nonstop, just what's needed during a drought. there was little time to take photos so sorry the only action shot is like that. But like he said at the start of the day, "this may be the best it is going to be for awhile so let's make the most of it." 6 laps and 5000+ feet later and I think we all agreed we had made the most of it. Treated to an amazing sunset, as the wind picked up snow and the snow caught the light. And you know what it means when you're treated to a sunset on your ascent?? Moonlight skiing without the moon.Pray for snow! Or tortoise stew!

  22. #172
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    8,885
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Skiing was great yesterday! After rescuing some kids that got their Subaru stuck and had to spend the night we proceeded to ski our asses off. Our host may have the fastest most casual transitions I've ever seen so it felt like we spent the day chasing him around, which was rad since he just keep skiing nonstop, just what's needed during a drought. there was little time to take photos so sorry the only action shot is like that. But like he said at the start of the day, "this may be the best it is going to be for awhile so let's make the most of it." 6 laps and 5000+ feet later and I think we all agreed we had made the most of it. Treated to an amazing sunset, as the wind picked up snow and the snow caught the light. And you know what it means when you're treated to a sunset on your ascent?? Moonlight skiing without the moon.Pray for snow! Or tortoise stew!
    Rad

    Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    1,075
    BRUTAH is killing it in that little slice of heaven! Super Jelly!

    Spun some laps at Brighton on the husacarans and they rip. Groomers were the most delightful they have been all season. Headed out Pioneer toward vtree and dug a couple pits. Packed pow facet crust facet snirtcrust super airy facets to the ground. CT 11Q1 on the first crust. CT27Q1 on snirtcrust. Had a collapse on the ridge on that first crust layer. Lemons abounded and we skied our uptrack back inbounds.

    Mbillie is the hidden canyon you are skiing the one on the other side of brighton?

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,088
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Mbillie is the hidden canyon you are skiing the one on the other side of brighton?
    yeah, just nw of gwe. it's alright. been trying to approach not via the resort to respect their uphill policy, so up a shit grass hill then a hard left through the bone zone etc. the NW stuff is ok, enough coverage to ski. sharks abound but I haven't cored anything yet. it's tracked and not steep but it's skiable for ~1800' or so

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    yeah, just nw of gwe. it's alright. been trying to approach not via the resort to respect their uphill policy, so up a shit grass hill then a hard left through the bone zone etc. the NW stuff is ok, enough coverage to ski. sharks abound but I haven't cored anything yet. it's tracked and not steep but it's skiable for ~1800' or so
    Thanks for the beta we will head over that way manyana and poke around

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •