Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1783
    Only third driest now? Well, sheeyit. This changes everything. I guess I'll continue to run my (free) Weber county-supplied secondary water lawn sprinklers half on the street at noon for an hour just like my neighbors.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    Only third driest now? Well, sheeyit. This changes everything. I guess I'll continue to run my (free) Weber county-supplied secondary water lawn sprinklers half on the street at noon for an hour just like my neighbors.
    Meh. My water comes straight from LCC. Can't be getting no extra dog piss on muh grass!

Anyone go to the snowbird ski swap (9/21-9/23)? Any Good? I was considering heading up there next Saturday morning to pick up some deals on kids stuff.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Mountain Accord was just a bunch of pie in the sky, Ski Utah marketing mumbo jumbo. It was never going to be built and Alta was stupid to even agree in the first place.
    you really dont have a very good grasp on what the mountain accord was or what alta has to gain from it
    perhaps a little reading before posting would make you look less uninformed and slightly less stupid
    http://mountainaccord.com/mountain-accord-final-report/
    im not a hudge poli activist
    i did attend a cottonwood commission meeting back in aug

i really dont care to much if white pine becomes wilderness
    i do care that back around the turn of the century, not the y2k millennial one, pioneers made the trek up and built white pine dam
    and created the reservoir as a water storage and created the south despain ditch company, which provides irrigation water to the granite neighborhood and those whose properties on the line with water rights. The lake enhances the eccosystem and vehicular access to maintain the dam and the important water resource should be allowed regardless of whether it receives a wilderness designation.
    while there i received a copy of what i call the 30 pages of the canyons kulaks kookala papers
    that ill share.
    not my views just passing along the kooks adgenda some of it fact some fiction
    if alta had a representative there they choose not to speak or let the public know of their wants or plans
    unlike the rest of the people there who made their voices and wants known in the public forum on record.
    i know what Clyde Buxton and other people want cause they were not afraid to stand before the committee and speak.

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    you really dont have a very good grasp on what the mountain accord was or what alta has to gain from it
    perhaps a little reading before posting would make you look less uninformed and slightly less stupid
    http://mountainaccord.com/mountain-accord-final-report/
    im not a hudge poli activist
    i did attend a cottonwood commission meeting back in aug

i really dont care to much if white pine becomes wilderness
    i do care that back around the turn of the century, not the y2k millennial one, pioneers made the trek up and built white pine dam
    and created the reservoir as a water storage and created the south despain ditch company, which provides irrigation water to the granite neighborhood and those whose properties on the line with water rights. The lake enhances the eccosystem and vehicular access to maintain the dam and the important water resource should be allowed regardless of whether it receives a wilderness designation.
    while there i received a copy of what i call the 30 pages of the canyons kulaks kookala papers
    that ill share.
    not my views just passing along the kooks adgenda some of it fact some fiction
    if alta had a representative there they choose not to speak or let the public know of their wants or plans
    unlike the rest of the people there who made their voices and wants known in the public forum on record.
    i know what Clyde Buxton and other people want cause they were not afraid to stand before the committee and speak.

that guy seems normal and cool

Who wrote that?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Who wrote that?
    were I to hazard a guess I would say it was Canyon Landowner Cyle Buxton

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    were I to hazard a guess I would say it was Canyon Landowner Cyle Buxton
    nope not clyde
    powder pond told me the guys name but i forgot
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Cost for 61 stall parking garage is about right, figure $30,000 per stall. My thought was with Alta not trading GG acreage for base area land a hotel development was off the table. Did I miss something?

Another season of sitting in traffic...

https://www.ksl.com/article/46392518...-officials-say

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Another season of sitting in traffic...

https://www.ksl.com/article/46392518...-officials-say
    The study is scheduled to be completed by early next year, Becker said.

"By (UDOT) standards, they're on a very fast track," the former mayor said.
    another 2+ seasons it sounds like lol, unless they think they're gonna get their stuff done in a single summer

And then....no traffic ever again!

in the meantime, at least hopefully, they won't enforce any 4x4/tire/chain laws so instead of predictable steady bad traffic we can have highly variable and exciting bad trafic

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    in the meantime, at least hopefully, they won't enforce any 4x4/tire/chain laws so instead of predictable steady bad traffic we can have highly variable and exciting bad trafic
    The cost estimate is multi billions and Unified PD claims (at least that is what Alta's Mayor told me) they don't have the budget to check cars at the mouth of the LCC. They have money to send police, fire and medical personal to the site of an accident. They have money to sit in the White Pine parking lot twiddling their thumbs. But no money to do a simple turn your ass around in the Malibu or Prius on a snowy day, go figure.

They'd have the budget if they'd start handing out $300 tickets for violations.......

A dedicated cop and car to sit at the bottom of the canyon, on the whim of when it snows, can't be cheap, to be fair.

A dedicated cop and car to sit at the bottom of the canyon, on the whim of when it snows, can't be cheap, to be fair.
    It'd probably pay for itself in ticket revenue to go up and pull people over and write fat tickets ten days per year.

Are you joking, its their job to enforce the restriction. One officer sitting in a vehicle with their hand held stop sign only when the road is restricted to 4X4 or chains. Last winter I would guess no more than 15 days. Many days its not all day once the road is cleared after control work. Take a look at what the Unified Police current resources are:

440 sworn positions
    150+ specialty positions
    90 supervisory positions
    K9
    Swat Team
    Narcotics Unit
    Canyon Search & Rescue

Yea, that one cop is going to break the budget. Early last year when they were stopping cars and checking to be sure they had snowflake rated tires the ski resorts pitched a bitch about customers and employees being hassled. They can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    It'd probably pay for itself in ticket revenue to go up and pull people over and write fat tickets ten days per year.
    BTW, I asked the Town Marshall about them enforcing the 4X4 / chain restriction on days the Canyon is restricted at days end. Can't count the number of times I have seen a two wheel drive car getting pushed up the hill leaving the wildcat parking lot with the road restriction sign flashing. Same thing, pisses off the resorts.

LOL, 1 ticket pays for the whole shift. They could easily hand out 20-30 in a couple hours if they decided it was important. It would actually likely save them money by not having to pull as many cars out of the ditches on storm days. And the resorts would not have a mini-van backing up the canyon while he tried to pull the grade at 1.5mph spinning for 80 minutes......

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    true, but they will probably just sit at the bottom and turn people away without giving tickets. and only give tickets after the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Are you joking, its their job to enforce the restriction. One officer sitting in a vehicle with their hand held stop sign only when the road is restricted to 4X4 or chains. Last winter I would guess no more than 15 days. Many days its not all day once the road is cleared after control work. Take a look at what the Unified Police current resources are:

440 sworn positions
    150+ specialty positions
    90 supervisory positions
    K9
    Swat Team
    Narcotics Unit
    Canyon Search & Rescue

Yea, that one cop is going to break the budget. Early last year when they were stopping cars and checking to be sure they had snowflake rated tires the ski resorts pitched a bitch about customers and employees being hassled. They can't have it both ways.
    And they are covering this area: The UPD serves unincorporated Salt Lake County and the communities of Copperton, Herriman, Holladay, Kearns, Midvale, Magna, Millcreek, Taylorsville, and Riverton. Additionally, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Parleys Canyon, Emigration Canyon, Lambs Canyon, and Butterfield Canyon are policed by UPD's Canyon Patrol. The southeast areas of Willow Canyon, White City, Granite, Sandy Hills, and Willow Creek are also within UPD's jurisdiction

Pretty sure they have better things to do than help a bunch of rich people wanting to go up a canyon without delay to ski pow. Although it would be awesome if the SWAT team was doing nothing, they could check tires. Put the fear of god in all those front-wheel peeps, that's for sure.

TGR flick at red butte tonight! I'll be there with Phall and some others. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    TGR flick at red butte tonight! I'll be there with Phall and some others. Anyone else?
    It was fun. Now it’s junk show. But hey I saw durtchi again so there is that.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Just got back from TGR PREMIER

Fav part of the movie was the Very chill and rational POW Ad immediately followed by JohnnyCollinson exiting a lifted Ford 350 at the SLC airport 10 seconds later

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 17-18

Pretty sure they have better things to do than help a bunch of rich people wanting to go up a canyon without delay to ski pow. Although it would be awesome if the SWAT team was doing nothing, they could check tires. Put the fear of god in all those front-wheel peeps, that's for sure.
    Idk even in bcc last year night skiing there was a officer parked at the base that let a civic with bald tires up in front of me who ended up ditching themselves. Also one Saturday they let an 18 wheeler up who shut the canyon down for a weekend pow day since his gps told him to take guardsman. Even when they are there they are too lazy to enforce the rules.

I’d love mandatory bus service for non backcountry skiers if the state would purchase some of the gravel pit to build a giant park and ride. Imo the current park and rides fill up so early you are better off just driving up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums