Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    So M/s or M+S= Its a go
    No markings= buy new tires?

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    So M/s or M+S= Its a go
    No markings= buy new tires?
    seems to be the consensus but i still think that only applies to 4wd..if 2wd chains are still required when that signs a flashing...I believe all tire ratings go out the window as soon as you chain up.

Nobody aint got time for Chains...what utter shit

For those who may need to buy snow tires, I've been able to find some really good deals from Discount Tire. Just bought new blizzaks and basic rims for my WRX and my wife's 4runner, each set was under $450/ea with all the rebates. The key is to price match to an online shop (tirerack, discounttiredirect) while DT is running a promo. That helped me get them to take off sales tax, mounting costs, etc. while still getting the $320 in rebates they were offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    We drive a Forester and the cop looked at the tread of our stock tires (with about 10K miles on them). He gave us a warning and let us up. He said next time it would be a ticket. Our snowtires were still in the garage. Got them mounted last night.
    Are the tires M&S?

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

UDOT will be test firing artillery, Gazex and Wyssen Tower tomorrow morning in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
    With that, there will be a backcountry closure, beginning tonight at 10 pm and running to 8 am tomorrow.
    The closure is north side of Little Cottonwood Canyon, from Lisa Falls up to Grizzly Gulch.
    White Pine trailhead to the south is open.

This will be my last post on this forum informing you of UDOT backcountry closures
    We'll still be lurking however.

For backcountry closure information follow UDOTavy on twitter and/or Instagram.
    If you don't have a twitter account, and don't want one, text: follow udotavy to 40404 This will sign you up for udot text messages from twitter without you having an account.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Are the tires M&S?
    The tires are the OEM on a 2016 Forester. I hadn't even checked to see if they were M+S. I just checked and they are. The cop looked at the tread and wasn't impressed. He didn't look to see if it said M+S. Here is a pic the OEM tread.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mytires.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	218130

Our Blizzaks were in the garage. Got them mounted last night. Good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    The tires are the OEM on a 2016 Forester. I hadn't even checked to see if they were M+S. I just checked and they are. The cop looked at the tread and wasn't impressed. He didn't look to see if it said M+S. Here is a pic the OEM tread.

Name:	mytires.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	218130

Our Blizzaks were in the garage. Got them mounted last night. Good to go.
    My guess is the tools at the mouth eating donuts in their trucks and laughing while they slow us all down don't even really know the law, even with the flyer they themselves were passing out.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

no ski pics for this storm here?

Isn't everyone Tired of tires ..some deuche will slide out and close the road , no matter how well you all think you are prepared>bring water blankets and food in your auto..why suffer in LCC
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    no ski pics for this storm here?

Isn't everyone Tired of tires ..some deuche will slide out and close the road , no matter how well you all think you are prepared>bring water blankets and food in your auto..why suffer in LCC
    My buddies were at Alta this am and the shoulder opened. These 2 are pretty picky (powder princesses somewhat) I'm told it was better than expected and the pics I saw it looked really good.

The shoulder over to punch bowl was money today.

Hoping for a backside rope drop tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Davis View Post

This will be my last post on this forum informing you of UDOT backcountry closures
    We'll still be lurking however.
    hope it wasn't the boobies in the padded room
    thanks 4 all youse do and not making me be a #instatwatter
    hopefully peeps have enough sense to stay outta the way let ya do your jobs
    and you all stay safe this season
    stoked for detrusers kids get outside and the rest that scored sums
    puppy stuffs dug his first real pow day and didnt mind the lack of vert
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Thanks Brad. Sad tomsee ya go. Safe and powder filled days ahead for you and your team.

thanks Brad, I know a lot of us certainly have appreciated it

man it felt good to get out there today. NW facing, ~10k' skied just fine thanks

Name:	touring1.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	440.7 KB 
ID:	218158

Name:	touring2.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	521.9 KB 
ID:	218159

it pays to pick your spots... managed to get away without any sharkbites but they were lurking

Name:	touring3.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	276.8 KB 
ID:	218160

after that little warm up, did another little warm up helping (or trying to anyway) set a course for the tues night skimo race. I know it's pretty un-TGR but if you feel like doing one of these, they're super casual. I think it's $10 per race, no numbers or timing. every other tuesday, pm me if you're curious. tonight was cold as balls and alpine rose unfortunately was closed but normally the apres at the rose includes lots of free stuff given away, plenty of camaraderie and beer drinking etc.

due to a shipping snafu I'm bootless til thursday, so had to demo some, and decided to borrow some midget sticks too. they were more fun than I expected.

Name:	blizzards.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	218161

not gonna be the new daily driver but beggars can't be choosers. the actual race was my 3rd lap which on day 1 of my season was extending my out of shape self a bit. now I'm eating pizza and beer and happy that, even if briefly, it was winter...

see ya on the skinner hopefully

Any beta on Powder mtn? Worth checking out for some meadow skipping untracked?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Any beta on Powder mtn? Worth checking out for some meadow skipping untracked?
    You mean like now? They aren't open. It's fun though when the snow hits. Super old school feel at that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    You mean like now? They aren't open. It's fun though when the snow hits. Super old school feel at that place.

Yeah, not now. Sounds good. I like old school feel. Might check it out in Feb if we want to make the drive.

Yeah, not now. Sounds good. I like old school feel. Might check it out in Feb if we want to make the drive.
    it is a very chill place. terrain is largely on the mellow side, so imo you wanna catch it on a pow day. they do very reasonably priced cat rides from the top of one of the lifts (it's also like a ~15 min skin if you have that kinda kit). the bar is very friendly. a locals kinda vibe to the whole place. enormous amount of terrain, just mostly kinda mellow.

my wife and I were there on their last day last season, which was a ~8" pow day, with free cat rides although after waiting for the first one we just hiked the subsequent runs. really really great day, less tracks before noon than in the backcountry here some days.

Snowbasin is worth it on a pow day too. Again I'd lean on the side that its mostly mellow, but that do have more steeps than PowMow.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    it is a very chill place. terrain is largely on the mellow side, so imo you wanna catch it on a pow day. they do very reasonably priced cat rides from the top of one of the lifts (it's also like a ~15 min skin if you have that kinda kit). the bar is very friendly. a locals kinda vibe to the whole place. enormous amount of terrain, just mostly kinda mellow.

my wife and I were there on their last day last season, which was a ~8" pow day, with free cat rides although after waiting for the first one we just hiked the subsequent runs. really really great day, less tracks before noon than in the backcountry here some days.
    Yeah, we're bringing our bc gear and we're getting set up with a cat day as well. That sounds right up my ally. I like the low key scene. We will hit the bird just because it's the bird...and the guy coming with me has never been there.

Funny, my 3 knucklehead friends that have lived in the pc area since '90 have not been to Powder mtn. I suppose it's tough to drive when you have a local pass and LCC around the corner.

thanks you guys

Yeah, we're bringing our bc gear and we're getting set up with a cat day as well. That sounds right up my ally. I like the low key scene. We will hit the bird just because it's the bird...and the guy coming with me has never been there.

Funny, my 3 knucklehead friends that have lived in the pc area since '90 have not been to Powder mtn. I suppose it's tough to drive when you have a local pass and LCC around the corner.

thanks you guys
    I work in Ogden and look forward to taking off some afternoons and hitting up Basin and Pow Mow.

Went to Pow Mow's Closing day last year and had a blast, Snow was a bit heavy but the fresh was still dank, only bummer was they closed down at like 2:00 bc of lightning.

A viable alternative for big days and crowds in LCC

Pretty cool piece on Jack Pilot in Freeskier here. Dude skied circles around me at Big Sky when he was 7.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Pretty cool piece on Jack Pilot in Freeskier here. Dude skied circles around me at Big Sky when he was 7.
    The guy rips, I see him on the tram pretty much every day I'm there, or riding his bike up the canyon.