Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1783
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Here's some stoke for the stokeless.

From my favorite urban wilderness, thanks to the efforts of Save Our Canyons
    That drainage is huuuuge... a great place for a midweek walk. So close to civilization yet far away from any sign of it and so awesome that it remains undeveloped.

Any idea if the needle goes without the low snow year rock scramble close to the top?

Baldy is taller than hidden peak, more prominent and can be seen from the SL valley. and the monster on top of hidden peak is what we all fear Alta will end up doing eventually.
    Isn't Snowbird on private land versus Alta which is almost exclusively FS land?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Get up on a peak in SL valley and all you see is development.
    That makes no sense, wtf does that even mean?

"I don't call it wilderness personally unless I can't see real hard signs of "man" when I look 360 degrees."

In your vast travels out west where have you been where you couldn't see signs of man?

Have you ever been to the top of the Grand? No need to answer I already know the answer to that. Guess what, you can see real hard signs of man from up there. You telling me that's not wilderness?

I've been to the top of peaks in the Lost River Range, the Lemhi Range, the Madison Range, the Wind Rivers, the Gore, the Gros Ventre, the Uintas, the Centennials, the Big Horns, the Rubys, the Sawtooths, the Snake River Range and many more and you can see signs of man from all of them. Tell me that where you can be mauled by a grizz at any moment is not wilderness. The only wilderness areas I've been where you couldn't see signs of man are the Selway, Frank Church and the Jarbidge.

Go ahead now, tell us where you've been that meet your criteria of wilderness.

go on now or go wait in the backseat of the car.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    That drainage is huuuuge... a great place for a midweek walk. So close to civilization yet far away from any sign of it and so awesome that it remains undeveloped.

Any idea if the needle goes without the low snow rock scramble close to the top?
    Looked like you could ski from the top but there are some rocks to contend with/downclimb soon after leaving the top.

At least all that high moisture snow we received this winter has created some great corn skiing this year. Even the east face of obelisk was pretty smooth and relatively roller ball free, which imo is a rarity. Get it while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    more reason to oppose the Alta tram. snowbird still had to jump through the hoops and swap land to get that approved. all developments in the cottonwood canyons have to get approval since dem der hills are protected watershed. How's my piss taste btw?

your idiot is showing....

all I know is 10 years ago, we were skiing the Y couloir in late april and this year it never came into play..... As a skier the effects of climate change are blatant and in your face all the time. its realer than real, real world bro. And I'm sorry if you don't believe in proven (over and over again) science, you're part of the problem. So go ahead, take your dragon ball energy and shove it up your ass.

I get the wilderness in the central wasatch differs than say the bob marshall wilderness, but our urban wilderness areas are pretty neat and definitely can offer a wilderness experience if you know where to venture. I encourage to explore the lone peak and twin peak wilderness areas this summer before you move back east, you'd be surprised at solitude one can find.
    Oh I have explored many areas close to SLC and yes they can provide a close to wilderness experience for sure, but urban wilderness is a much better way to put it. If I'm up near Alta or even atop baldy I see so much development a few more towers isn't ruining the "experience" it's a fucking ski resort not "wilderness"

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    you’re going to complain about one down snow year?
    You truly are a dumbfuck.

Where have you been the last 10 years?

You should move back to what ever shithole you moved here from.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    That's the company line, but way more of Snowbird is on USFS land than they like to let on.

http://mountainaccord.com/wp-content...p-11032016.pdf

Baldy is taller than hidden peak, more prominent and can be seen from the SL valley. and the monster on top of hidden peak is what we all fear Alta will end up doing eventually.
    I don't see them doing that, but you're right it's always a possibility. I don't know that I'd be able to spot a tower on baldy from the valley, but I guess we might find out. I think your eye will be more focused on what you see first, and that's snowbird hidden peak Soviet style bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    That makes no sense, wtf does that even mean?

"I don't call it wilderness personally unless I can't see real hard signs of "man" when I look 360 degrees."

In your vast travels out west where have you been where you couldn't see signs of man?

Have you ever been to the top of the Grand? No need to answer I already know the answer to that. Guess what, you can see real hard signs of man from up there. You telling me that's not wilderness?

I've been to the top of peaks in the Lost River Range, the Lemhi Range, the Madison Range, the Wind Rivers, the Gore, the Gros Ventre, the Uintas, the Centennials, the Big Horns, the Rubys, the Sawtooths, the Snake River Range and many more and you can see signs of man from all of them. Tell me that where you can be mauled by a grizz at any moment is not wilderness. The only wilderness areas I've been where you couldn't see signs of man are the Selway, Frank Church and the Jarbidge.

Go ahead now, tell us where you've been that meet your criteria of wilderness.

go on now or go wait in the backseat of the car.
    When I say signs of man in this conversation it means not being able to see a city, or lift towers from where I'm at. I don't mean some abandoned mine from way back, or a hunting shack. I've been to more than a few places in the Unitas alone as well as southern Utah where I could see no obviously visible signs of "development". To say a tram up baldy will ruin the "wilderness experience" is laughable. It was "ruined" a long time ago in the cottonwoods.

So snowbirds was all good (well SOC fought it) but Alta baldy tram, which I still dont think I could see from the valley is going to ruin the views up there? C'mon now...

Knew that was coming next.
    Great argument there!

To say a tram up baldy will ruin the "wilderness experience" is laughable.
    You are the only one saying that. Everyone else sees this as part of the overall "Death by 1,000 Cuts" big picture that needs to be stopped. You continue to ignore the reality of the "It's just one more thing...." positive feedback loop.

You truly are a dumbfuck.

Where have you been the last 10 years?

You should move back to what ever shithole you moved here from.
    Have you ever heard of a drought before ?? Shit happens and causes populations / civilization to shift.

100 + years of fossil fuel consumption isn’t going to cause that lmao

Climate isn’t a static thing dude , are you even educated???

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^dont feed the trolls^^^

Congratulations sirheaduphisass, you're the newest member on my blocked list. Hope you enjoy all those shit burgers!

Have you ever heard of a drought before ?? Shit happens and causes populations / civilization to shift.

100 + years of fossil fuel consumption isn’t going to cause that lmao

Climate isn’t a static thing dude , are you even educated???
    "one down snow year" huh?

Again, where have to been the last 10 years?

You wouldn't even know it was a down year unless you were told.

Go back to where you came from before your GF starts fucking someone else.

Go on now.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    You are the only one saying that. Everyone else sees this as part of the overall "Death by 1,000 Cuts" big picture that needs to be stopped. You continue to ignore the reality of the "It's just one more thing...." positive feedback loop.
    Forest service agrees with me this far eh? They approved the plans. They'd still have to approve any other expansion proposals too, so I don't see your point.

I just don't see how these things "ruin" what is already a developed area...LCC/BCC again are far from any definition of wilderness.

I'm not even sure Sir Heady actually skis. I know him personally. He's more about the aesthetic of skiing than the actual skiing itself. Want to watch out for this guy.

Go on now.
    lol this

^^^dont feed the trolls^^^
    and this

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    it's stunning to me how poorly preserved the central Wasatch is already, and you have people in silver and cardiff ("property owners" of property that shouldn't be privately owned iyam) pushing for more and more, the resorts pushing for more and more... it'll be a strip mall up there if everyone just keeps letting it slide. there's already an abundance of private property, I don't see one good reason why the very limited remaining FS land should be blighted any further.

Beta: I'd say 8-830 is prime time for east faces. We dropped in at 930 and the corn was still nice, fast and tasty, but we failed to top out due to post holing and the mountains waking up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    that is righteous

I need to move back to Montana, you guys are horrible. Too many people skiing in too small of a space is making y'all insane.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I need to move back to Montana, you guys are horrible. Too many people skiing in too small of a space is making y'all insane.
    +1

Also maybe change the title of this thread to "17/18 Wasatch Drivel and assorted Charlie Unicorn November Tango's" then move it to pollyasshat.

Go on now.
    Helping raise the standard of living and GDP of the Wasatch front by skiing the bird and Alta religiously before moving here???

Climate moves in cycles , you don’t have to subscribe to the TGR/POW group think to be a tough guy !!!

Helping raise the standard of living and GDP of the Wasatch front by skiing the bird and Alta religiously before moving here???

Climate moves in cycles , you don’t have to subscribe to the TGR/POW group think to be a tough guy !!!

You're a fucking retard. Fuck off, cunt.

yeah if you wanna run your troll shit take it outside of this thread

Beta: I'd say 8-830 is prime time for east faces. We dropped in at 930 and the corn was still nice, fast and tasty, but we failed to top out due to post holing and the mountains waking up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    wooooweeee that snow looks like some bomb ass fishscale Peruvian marching powda.