Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1783
    Quote Originally Posted by cbgarrett View Post
    You do know that none of the base lodges at Alta are owned by Alta Ski Lifts?

I don't have a problem with any of the projects except Wildcat. Please leave that a 2 seater.
    And I believe the baldy tram will just be for patrollers.
    They sold is as an aid to avie control work to eliminate avalaunchers and artillery. It will be used by the general public for access to baldy summit, conditions permitting.

I'm neutral on the Wildcat replacement, fully in favor of Flora, and the Baldy tram can get fucked.

Alta requested this for control work instead of shooting artillary. I know the GMD is not the Marriott but we like the convenience of putting our boots on inside. As retirees who ski 100 + days a year we have met and ski with numerous others in a similar situation. Can't do that at DV, PC or Snowbird unless you rent a basket. Put your boots on in the parking lot and walk to the lift. GMD or Albion leave you bag and lunch inside. Not the Ritz but we ski, not shop or eat $25 lunches

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I'm neutral on the Wildcat replacement, fully in favor of Flora, and the Baldy tram can get fucked.
    I'm in general agreement with this.

With all due respect, baldy tram can go fuck off.

Concerned about the Flora lift and towers in the wetlands but understand that's gonna make that while area better.

Aside from that, south facing was absolutely money today. Easily 18"+ of settled pow for the first 1500' then it started to deteriorate (but remained pretty good). Many faceshots were had.

Sent from my LG-H810 using TGR Forums mobile app

Wildcat replacement will allow for much easier access to N facing terrain during high pressure, but will lead to the Ho getting tracked out in 1.5 runs rather than 3-4.

Flora lift is kind of dumb...who's going to wait in line for the small tram, and then ski east baldy through the flats instead of one of the chutes or perla's.

Also, where is the top station of Flora going to be...up the sidestep to yellow trail? "the saddle north of the Collins ski patrol building" is what the Alta website says. If not up there I don't know how they are going to have the space to fit two top-stations and a whole bunch of people without reshaping Germania Pass. That would be a HORRIBLE move imo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Patsy Facial Scrubbing 4-17-18.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	453.4 KB 
ID:	232706
    Back to some stoke courtesy of Alta from last night bitchers and moaners
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 17-18

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    With all due respect, baldy tram can go fuck off.

Concerned about the Flora lift and towers in the wetlands but understand that's gonna make that while area better.

Aside from that, south facing was absolutely money today. Easily 18"+ of settled pow for the first 1500' then it started to deteriorate (but remained pretty good). Many faceshots were had.

Sent from my LG-H810 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Wowww first ballot lock for eco-conservation HOF . Baldy tram will be sick and prob good vistas to build da stoke and am pumped for Alta taking the Augusta National route of modernization-Improvement while retaining classic charm.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

People ski Alta for the amenities?

Christ, never come to Pow Mow. Goldminer's Daughter is like the freakin' Taj Mahal in comparison.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Pretty fine morning out there Weds

Pretty good skiing up grizzly this morning as long as you picked the right aspect. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9285.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	761.3 KB 
ID:	232817

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Went skiing on Tuesday at Brighton. Conditions were very good. Didn't get quite as much snow as lcc, but there was no one there and I just kept lapping the same line. Unfortunately, that was probably my last real day of the season, though, I might splurge for a late season day at snowbird.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Alta requested this for control work instead of shooting artillary. I know the GMD is not the Marriott but we like the convenience of putting our boots on inside. As retirees who ski 100 + days a year we have met and ski with numerous others in a similar situation. Can't do that at DV, PC or Snowbird unless you rent a basket. Put your boots on in the parking lot and walk to the lift. GMD or Albion leave you bag and lunch inside. Not the Ritz but we ski, not shop or eat $25 lunches
    Here here. I'm just a weekend warrior, but this all rings true for us too. and it's moreso with kids. We manage way better at Alta than Snowbird with the little ones and all their crap.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by 1thenaton1 View Post
    Pretty fine morning out there Weds
    Wicked nice!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Name:	IMG_20180414_173857_264.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	232987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180414_173857_268.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	232988 followed D-Roc up for a few afternoon turns towards superior Saturday. He got some sweet birthday turns on leftover powder. Lots of folks out there. I saw a lot of loose (but shallow) activity on the road side on my way back down. That sun on 20-ish inches was severe . My face was the only casualty of the day though. Burned to a crisp. Cheaper than one of those expensive spa facial peels or whatever.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

^ please no additional photos of my super secret spot thank you

Anybody got any Brighton discounts? Thinking about hitting closing day on Sunday.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Went out to the Stansbury's this morning. Found good snow in the couloirs, ice crust was exposed here or there. Think I got another believer in the gospel of Verts.

Name:	IMG_20180421_095918.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	233152Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180421_105307.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	233153Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180421_151153_431.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	233154Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180421_075639.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	233155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180421_111129.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	233156

East facing corn ripe at 730-8am at 9000 feet. South was ready at 830ish. Not quite a stout enough crust to need crampons yet but plenty supportable for skis.

Name:	LRG_DSC04965.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	498.4 KB 
ID:	233248

Name:	LRG_DSC04992.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	412.5 KB 
ID:	233249

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Wowww first ballot lock for eco-conservation HOF . Baldy tram will be sick and prob good vistas to build da stoke and am pumped for Alta taking the Augusta National route of modernization-Improvement while retaining classic charm.

Lol, hardly. Building a tram up there is a stupid move, catering to East coast dentists that can't/wont hike up baldy. Building a lift up your main majestic peak is not retaining classic charm. A better example of retaining classic charm would be updating wildcat but keeping the centerpole double (similar to mad river Glenn and their single chair), Alta is doing about the opposite of that.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using TGR Forums mobile app

Lol, hardly. Building a tram up there is a stupid move, catering to East coast dentists that can't/wont hike up baldy. Building a lift up your main majestic peak is not retaining classic charm. A better example of retaining classic charm would be updating wildcat but keeping the centerpole double (similar to mad river Glenn and their single chair), Alta is doing about the opposite of that.

#bigsky

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    East facing corn ripe at 730-8am at 9000 feet. South was ready at 830ish. Not quite a stout enough crust to need crampons yet but plenty supportable for skis.

Name:	LRG_DSC04965.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	498.4 KB 
ID:	233248

Name:	LRG_DSC04992.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	412.5 KB 
ID:	233249
    Fuck yeah

Alta has no intention of installing a tram to the top of Baldy UNLESS they lose the ability to shoot artillary and or avalaunchers. If they were notified that they can no longer “shoot” the slide zones on Baldy the NFS permit is in place so the project can be expedited.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Alta has no intention of installing a tram to the top of Baldy UNLESS they lose the ability to shoot artillary and or avalaunchers. If they were notified that they can no longer “shoot” the slide zones on Baldy the NFS permit is in place so the project can be expedited.
    ^^^you're delusional, but thanks for your unfounded assurance......

the tram to the top of baldy is so dumb. that is great hike to terrain and should remain that way.
    I also think the flora lift is unnecessary and not needed AND will run through prime wetland terrain.
    Replacing wildcat is the only reasonable proposal in my mind because the wildcat base area becomes very congested and that would be a way to reduce lift lines.

Honestly, I think skidog and bigduder are only in favor of the baldy tram because they have yet to ski baldy chutes, probably because its such a "difficult" 20 minute hike.

***shots fired***

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    ^^^you're delusional, but thanks for your unfounded assurance......

the tram to the top of baldy is so dumb. that is great hike to terrain and should remain that way.
    I also think the flora lift is unnecessary and not needed AND will run through prime wetland terrain.
    Replacing wildcat is the only reasonable proposal in my mind because the wildcat base area becomes very congested and that would be a way to reduce lift lines.

Honestly, I think skidog and bigduder are only in favor of the baldy tram because they have yet to ski baldy chutes, probably because its such a "difficult" 20 minute hike.

***shots fired***
    Ha I've skied baldy chutes well over 100 times. In fact I skied it 5 times in one day (snowbird side). I just mentioned the other day how uninspired inam by it anymore. It's fun, but when you've done it a bunch its just another run. I prefer it early season if the snows in. At least you can score it deep those times. Last weekend it got hammered...literally the whole peak. Little, main, dogleg, the lawn into main, the shoulder, all of it.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app