Any experience on the Rossignol Experience 100

UPS man just dropped off my new pair of Temptation 100s, identical to the Experience but for girls and thus better deals to be found (don't really get that) Some people might say I ski like a girl anyway and I'm cool with that

I demoed the Experience 100 at Copper but only took it on the groomers and side chop where it was a blast. But it's a gamble since I never took it into the trees and there wasn't much powder to be found. One of the Rossi reps said it was his primary ski and even if it's not what he'd grab on a deep day he still loved skiing it in side country stuff.

After several years on skis with a lot of early tip rise and enough tail rise to smear through trees I'm wondering what this is like (I'm going from last years Ranger 108 and Soul 7 before that)

I loved the Icelantic Nomad even back when it had a similarly stumpy nose so that was part of my decision. Any real world experience out there? I'm still mounting dynafits on these cause it's what I've got and can't reboot right now
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Don't know myself but have known a few people on Exp 88 and Exp 100. My impression from them is both are more like GS skis and prefer to be skied that way -- smearing will be possible but you'll need a lot of finesse. But compared to a ski with generous rocker/rise at the ends, and generally flatter profile, "possible" smearing may seem an overstatement.

You can always bevel aggressively or dull the last bit of running edge at tip & tail, but that won't be quite the same as rise/rocker, and it won't do anything for the camber.

See what others here say, pretty sure you'll find an Exp100 skier to chime in.

I’ve got about 30 days on my temptation 100s, (in southern Vermont, so different playground than Colorado) and they are definitely a big, playful gs ski. I actually find them relatively easy to switch between sliding and carving. Turn initiation is easy and it just does everything you ask it to do. It’s actually one of the easier and more forgiving skis I’ve been on, if you don’t get In the backseat. Highly recommend mounting the bindings at -1.5 or -2, they will ski much better. You’ve already skied these in their element- groomers and chop, where they excel. They submarine in real powder, but If it’s older or denser soft snow they do float ok. Tree skiing here in the east is different than out west, but I don’t find my 182s difficult to maneuver in tight and icy trees- though I prefer my Rossi s3’s when I’m doing a day in the woods.

great info, thanks. I read elsewhere that for more general conditions they should be mounted behind line, altho 2 cm is more than I planned, what length are yours. Moving the binding back probably helps some with the powder dive too

one respect that could differ between Exp. and Temptation may be mounting point, sometimes manufacturers move the BCL forward to call it a woman's ski, that and change the topsheet graphic, not to egregious in this case

Thanks, think I'm gonna keep them given the deal I got

I've been on my Exp100s for 2yrs and agree with the above comments about ease of skiing and not great in true powder. Mine are mounted on the line and that makes the 182s ski short to me (6', 190lbs). I am surprised that others think it skis like a GS ski, the turn radius is 18m according to EVO and that is why Iike them. Nice edge grip and quick turning, but also surprisingly stable at speed. A great everyday ski - although when I move to be able to ski everyday, I think that I'd get a set of Exp88s for harder, groomer days.

Lastly, I'm an old carver/racer background, tried early rise skis once or twice and outside of deep snow don't understand why people enjoy those. I don't smear turns. So, if you aren't a carver, your experience will likely be different on these skis. Still, I'd keep them and learn to arc a turn. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Iowagriz; 10-26-2017 at 09:25 AM.

^^ interesting I remember commenting when I returned them to the tent -- if I skied these all day, I'd be a better skier tomorrow; they definitely wanted to carve. I just wish I'd taken them in the trees, there were still a few stashes left.

Oh, nice get on the skis! Interesting observations here.

I've been looking at T/E-100s (or 98s) to pick up because I like my E88s a lot. I really should get the 174s that are still on Evo for the wife.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I am surprised that others think it skis like a GS ski, the turn radius is 18m according to EVO and that is why Iike them.
    The people I spoke to said "prefers to carve" which I translate as "skis like a GS ski" and I say GS because it's not as quick as a slalom ski. I think we agree, you're just focused on the R number.

These folks I talked to weren't rippers, but they didn't suck either.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    The people I spoke to said "prefers to carve" which I translate as "skis like a GS ski" and I say GS because it's not as quick as a slalom ski. I think we agree, you're just focused on the R number.

These folks I talked to weren't rippers, but they didn't suck either.
    Good point.... it does seem much more comfortable at 30-40mph than the R would indicate. Call it a quick turning GS ski

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    great info, thanks. I read elsewhere that for more general conditions they should be mounted behind line, altho 2 cm is more than I planned, what length are yours. Moving the binding back probably helps some with the powder dive too

one respect that could differ between Exp. and Temptation may be mounting point, sometimes manufacturers move the BCL forward to call it a woman's ski, that and change the topsheet graphic, not to egregious in this case

Thanks, think I'm gonna keep them given the deal I got
    I have demo bindings so I could play with the mount location. I’ve settled at about -1.5. The boot sole marking is built into the ski and is not top sheet graphic, so it’s the same for the e100 and T100. I’m 6’, 225lbs on a 182 cm length. At recommended mount they felt short in front and too much tail, back 1.5 is perfect.

The problem with the e88s and skinnier is they lack the metal layer the 100s have. That makes all the difference in the world at high speed. Ski tracks says I’ve had mine well over 50mph, no tip flap or uneasiness to indicate I’d hit its speed limit. They are definitely easy carvers, the 182s have a radius of 20m do not a real gs ski,
    But they love to be on edge and trucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Oh, nice get on the skis! Interesting observations here.

I've been looking at T/E-100s (or 98s) to pick up because I like my E88s a lot. I really should get the 174s that are still on Evo for the wife.
    What size are you looking for? I have some 180 E98s I'm looking to offload.

Last edited by Kopi_Red; 10-28-2017 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Add pics of skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    What size are you looking for? I have some 180 E98s I'm looking to offload.
    180ish.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    180ish.
    PM incoming

so glad I could help facilitate that for you