Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Tune edges for the next season and then give them a light rub with a block of wax. The very thin film of wax will repel moisture/prevent rusting but will ski off in a run or two. Zardoz Notwax/Base Boost is also a good rust preventative on edges.

Do not use oil/grease/petroleum jelly etc on the edges. Every season I get a few pairs in for service and the owners have applied Vaseline the edges which penetrates in to the p-tex adjacent to the edge and is nigh on impossible to get out and it seems inhibit future wax absorption etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    I have started doing this after almost every time I ski since moving somewhere damp and salty. Way faster than waxing every time but does a good job keeping the rust away.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Thank you!

Years ago when I learned storage waxing it was always a heavy and unscraped hot wax.

The fact that a light wax rub does the same thing (for the edges) makes me happy. So much easier. Thx.

I know summer waxing helps bases not dry out. But if you recently waxed them, they’re fine. (And UV not wax treatments shouldn’t dry out).

But I’ve been burned before taking out a pair in late fall and having rusty ass edges. Some brands really like to rust.

Also cool idea of warm season edge wax rub. Sometimes the skis want to rust inside the roof box.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

“I got the degree of Stamp-licker from the Bezuzus Mail-order University”
    Babbitt, by Sinclair Lewis

YMMV but i never do storage wax and i never get rusty edges,

the ony time a ski has rusted IME is if they are put away wet with the edges touching

so they gotta be taken in doors and put up against the wall to dry after being separated
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Do not use oil/grease/petroleum jelly etc on the edges. Every season I get a few pairs in for service and the owners have applied Vaseline the edges which penetrates in to the p-tex adjacent to the edge and is nigh on impossible to get out and it seems inhibit future wax absorption etc.
    What about k-y and other water based lubes. For many of us, that’s more handy

:P