Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by shakyknees View Post
    Cool to see upstate NY here, I grew up in Syracuse, family skied at Labrador, fond memories from there; I've also skied Snow Ridge (less vert than even Labrador but got massive dumps) and wiped out in a mogul comp on Bristol's Rocket Run. Greek Peak and Gore both legitimate. Song, Toggenburg and Ironwood Ridge (?) were the other local areas . . . Snow Ridge was up in the Ontario lake effect shadow, where otherwise it was flat except for the terminus of the Tug Hill Plateau, a 300' escarpment with one or two lifts on it and 800"/year.
    I raced for 'Cuse back in the day... Toggenburg was our home base, but I skied Song and Labrador plenty and Greek Peak on occasion.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

The first place I ever skied was Berkshire East. Didn't enjoy myself and it took years to be talked back into trying it again.

The place I learned to have a good time skiing was called Bousquet, and their night program + beers on tap won me over.

The mountain I REALLY FUCKING LEARNED TO SKI was Magic. Holy shit I'm still wrapping my head around the place.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by highway12south View Post
    Massanutten :/
    You are not alone, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by shakyknees View Post
    Cool to see upstate NY here, I grew up in Syracuse, family skied at Labrador, fond memories from there; I've also skied Snow Ridge (less vert than even Labrador but got massive dumps) and wiped out in a mogul comp on Bristol's Rocket Run. Greek Peak and Gore both legitimate. Song, Toggenburg and Ironwood Ridge (?) were the other local areas . . . Snow Ridge was up in the Ontario lake effect shadow, where otherwise it was flat except for the terminus of the Tug Hill Plateau, a 300' escarpment with one or two lifts on it and 800"/year.
    Hahaha....I remember Labrador!! One of my favorite little trails there was Red Wine (when it was open!!!). I mostly skied Jacoby and Cut throat. I remember the lodge had one of the largest chocolate Chip cookies around! My mom is still good friends with the Wilson's, the family that I think still owns it.

Tug Hill Plateau had some of the best XC skiing and Snowshoeing trails around!! Also good snowshoeing at Labrador Pond Recreational area....plus I remember all the hang-gliding guys would do there in the 80's.

Haven't heard the words Ironwood Ridge in a longggg time! Lol ...we also spent a lot of time at Cazenovia Ski Club (a tough little private hill where Vicki Fleckenstein learned to race).

Started in neighbor's backyard and 90 Acres (now 4 Seasons). Cazenovia ski club after that. We eventually had passes at both Caz and Labrador. The guy who owns Song bought Lab from the Wilsons a couple years ago, so if you buy a season pass you can ski at either place. The guys who own Greek bought Toggenburg a couple years ago. My dad raced when I was a kid, I would go to the races and gatekeep (that sucked) Mystic, Ironwood Ridge, Intermont, Shumaker, Woods Valley, Cortina USA...

First time on skis was at the now closed King Ridge in NH

Alaska. Between my dad's legs. Go ahead pervs say something.

Quote Originally Posted by noflyzone_allstars View Post
    Nashoba Valley, MA. Just like Doug Coombs. Also Boxboro Hill and weekend day trips with Dad to NH.
    Nashoba for me too. I lived in Boxboro and am unaware of Boxboro Hill unless you mean that hill off hill road which was weirdly close to my house.

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    Ski Train https://www.powder.com/stories/news/...denver-winter/

anyone else get rowdy on that thing back in the day?
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Sugarloaf ME

At Mammoth Mountain when I was a just a kid.... 49 years old. 56 now. Busy catching up and playing ski bum now.

Where did you learn to ski?

Snow Basin, 1982, growing up in Dallas with grandparents in Ogden. Then Winter Park, 1988 with a family move to Denver. This is my 30th season with a WP pass.

Snow King when I was 6.

Sent from my SM-T807T using TGR Forums mobile app

Winter Park as a 2 year old.

In Tussey Mountain Ski Area.

Alpine Meadows
    Homewood
    Sugar Bowl

2 years old in 1971
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Where did you learn to ski?

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Nashoba for me too. I lived in Boxboro and am unaware of Boxboro Hill unless you mean that hill off hill road which was weirdly close to my house.
    Nashoba for me too! Starting in 1979. Busses over there from the local elementary schools were the best thing ever. Learned about a lot more than skiing at that hill, and shredded a lot of gloves on the rope tow.

Boxboro hill was the old country club on flag hill that borders Acton, yes? We used to sled that hill after it was closed down and before someone bought the property and built a big mansion up there.

Edit: sorry I'm wrong. the closed place I'm thinking of was called flagg hill ski area.

This website is a good place for trips down memory lane if you haven't found it already http://www.nelsap.org/ma/flagg.html

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Alpine Meadows
    Homewood
    Sugar Bowl

2 years old in 1971
    We gotta compare notes

Sent from my LGMS330 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Haystack VT
    Pleasant Mt ME
    Behind the farmhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    The back 40, first rope tow/ T Bar Prospect Mtn, first chair Bolton Valley.
    Prospect outside Bennington VT ? Me, too.T bar to the top
    Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    Ski Train https://www.powder.com/stories/news/...denver-winter/

anyone else get rowdy on that thing back in the day?