Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Intuition PW or Alpine

Just got the new Lupo 130 c's this year in 24.5 and has I had ready in some tester reviews, the new stock non-intuition liners are absolute trash. I usually take those kind of things with a grain of salt, but these are seriously awful (and I havent even skied them yet..)

Anyway, trying to decide between PW and Alpine. At 135lbs the 130 flex is stiff enough, so I'm worried adding a PW on top of that might be pushing it a little. That said, I hear the PW has better heel hold and power transmission. Can anyone with experience comment on what might be best suited for me? I'm really just looking for the comfort/warmth/better power transmission from a wrap liner (performance), but again, not trying to stiffen up a soft boot.

Also, size 25 seems to be the call?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by jckstein View Post
    Just got the new Lupo 130 c's this year in 24.5 and has I had ready in some tester reviews, the new stock non-intuition liners are absolute trash. I usually take those kind of things with a grain of salt, but these are seriously awful (and I havent even skied them yet..)

Anyway, trying to decide between PW and Alpine. At 135lbs the 130 flex is stiff enough, so I'm worried adding a PW on top of that might be pushing it a little. That said, I hear the PW has better heel hold and power transmission. Can anyone with experience comment on what might be best suited for me? I'm really just looking for the comfort/warmth/better power transmission from a wrap liner (performance), but again, not trying to stiffen up a soft boot.

Also, size 25 seems to be the call?

Thanks,
    How much are you planning on touring in these? If so, you should consider a liner that has the proper flex sections to allow for good range of motion when touring. I really like the Intuition Wrap Max Hike liners that came with original bright green Lupo Ti. They have the benefits of being a wrap intuition liner, but the flex sections allow for good range of motion. Intuition does not sell them, but you may be able to get them from Dalbello

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    How much are you planning on touring in these? If so, you should consider a liner that has the proper flex sections to allow for good range of motion when touring. I really like the Intuition Wrap Max Hike liners that came with original bright green Lupo Ti. They have the benefits of being a wrap intuition liner, but the flex sections allow for good range of motion. Intuition does not sell them, but you may be able to get them from Dalbello
    I'd say realistically 70/30 resort to touring though I am definitely working to increase time spent on the latter. I've thought about maybe trying to heat mould the stock liners to see if maybe they're just a million times worse unmoulded. If that made them more than bearable, I could use them for touring. Other than that though, Id likely be doing small tours/sidecountry so I could put up with the PR/Alpine

I have Intuition Luxury in my Dalbello AX 120s. Not the same as the Lupos but same basic idea. My gut tells em that what jdadour says is good advice

I have lupo carbon ti with the intuition tongue liner. I ended up using my intuition wrap liner from my full tilt. It's softer foam and thicker so it just feels plush(was already molded for me) and I don't notice any resistance while touring. It's been seeing 50/50 duty hill/touring. That being said I have the original liner (25/25.5) if you're interested. It hasn't been molded. Original owner skied it a few days and I skied it a few(pretty sure less than 10 days in it) . Tiny little rip in one heel from catching the boot rivet. $40 + ship

It really depends on your foot, I have a high instep and IME the tongue might bug the top of your foot,

I got some with the tongues did some carpet testing and went back to intuition to get the Pw's which have been great FOR ME

SO I would say if you got a normal foot their liners with a tongue will probably work

but IME a PW will work for sure with any shaped foot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Power wrap will decisively stiffen the boot.

If your fit isn’t loose, put a 24 liner in there. PWs have gotten thicker over the last few years and no longer work well with upsizing.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    I would love a wrap liner from intuition with flex zones.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I would love a wrap liner from intuition with flex zones.
    Here you go. I don't think intuition sells these, but you may be able to get them through dalbello. They are from the original bright green Lupo Ti, and I absolutely love them.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Sonuva B. Those look rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Sonuva B. Those look rad.
    Yeah they do. Looks like Dalbello might eventually sell them, but their web page currently has no pics/info, just a placeholder. I'm gonna ask my local Dalbello guy if he can get them.

Jckstein, why not heat & mold the std liners and see how you get on with them, rather than spend the money based on a living room floor test and a few reviewers straining to find something critical to say?

Intuition Wrap Liners with touring bellows are available from Sole in Chamonix. Maybe they would post you a pair if you asked them?

http://solesportslabs.com/en/chauffa...100000529.html

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
    Intuition Wrap Liners with touring bellows are available from Sole in Chamonix. Maybe they would post you a pair if you asked them?

Great find! Have not heard of these guys before. Looks like a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Yeah they do. Looks like Dalbello might eventually sell them, but their web page currently has no pics/info, just a placeholder. I'm gonna ask my local Dalbello guy if he can get them.

Jckstein, why not heat & mold the std liners and see how you get on with them, rather than spend the money based on a living room floor test and a few reviewers straining to find something critical to say?
    LMK if you are successful. Or if I can stick an order in with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post

Emailed em, will let you know what I find out.

Tom from intuition posted about them on instagram. Looks like they will be available soon. Maybe email intutuion directly too.

After a few beers last night I went ahead and pulled trig on some power wraps in size 25. The free 2 day shipping from backcountry really sold me, so we'll see how they feel tomorrow. If they dont fit/feel too stiff I guess I'll return em and take Fossil's advise and just see what the stock liners will feel like after a fitting.

Its weird, these boots are a full shell size down from my previous pair, and my foot shell fits into them nicely. With the stock liner though, I had immediate toe pain , especially in walk mode when extending my ankle down. I threw my 25.5 Scarpa intuition liners from my freedoms in there to test, and even that alone made such a difference, though shape of the liner didnt fit too nicely in the cabrio shell.

So many moving parts these days.

FYI you cannot in any way judge the fit of power wraps without baking them. So don’t expect to return them. But resale on a once baked never skied is quite good.

Also FYI the larger 25 liner you chose will give you a tighter fit vs the 24 that would match the shell.

More foam......

Yes, im not expecting to judge perfect fit, but you can still get a rough feel for how things will play out. As far as sizing, I've heard many an argument for either upsizing or downsizing, so I decided to go with the instructions from the intuition website. I gather that they would know a 24 and a 24.5 shell size are the same. The extra foam shouldn't be an issue after molding, no?

From past experience with power wraps I couldn’t even get them and my foot in the shell pre bake. (I’m on my 4th pair) so as I said, I don’t think you can glean any info.

I bet you're good. Bake'm with the toe cap and ho enjoy a great boot. Can't wait to get back on mine

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    FYI you cannot in any way judge the fit of power wraps without baking them. So don’t expect to return them. But resale on a once baked never skied is quite good.
    actualy this ^^ is not entirely true

if you buy the liner at the Intuition factory outlet in Vancover they don't seem to worry about returning or swapping a liner which I did about 5 yrs ago cuz after some carpet testing the tour liner I decided it hurt the top of my foot so went back a few weeks later they swapped it for a PW no hassles at all

also my neighbor bought liners up here, still had issues so dropped into the factory outlet down in vancover and they said it was not the right liner for her app so they just swapped the liner, charged her the standard 50$ for fitting fee and again no hassles

I went in there again 2 yrs ago on the way thru vancover from Niskeo on layover expecting to shell out for new liners but Tom said the liners were actualy still ok, charged me 50$ to do a remould of the liner which was a little snug after swapping from a Mercury to Vulcan shell

some wag suggested they seen me coming but i think got my 50 dollars worth which is why I will wait till I am in Vancover to buy & pay them 50$ for the fitting to get THE best service period

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    actualy this ^^ is not entirely true

if you buy the liner at the Intuition factory outlet in Vancover they don't seem to worry about returning or swapping a liner which I did about 5 yrs ago cuz after some carpet testing the tour liner I decided it hurt the top of my foot so went back a few weeks later they swapped it for a PW no hassles at all

also my neighbor bought liners up here, still had issues so dropped into the factory outlet down in vancover and they said it was not the right liner for her app so they just swapped the liner, charged her the standard 50$ for fitting fee and again no hassles

I went in there again 2 yrs ago on the way thru vancover from Niskeo on layover expecting to shell out for new liners but Tom said the liners were actualy still ok, charged me 50$ to do a remould of the liner which was a little snug after swapping from a Mercury to Vulcan shell

some wag suggested they seen me coming but i think got my 50 dollars worth which is why I will wait till I am in Vancover to buy & pay them 50$ for the fitting to get THE best service period
    Footnote. If you live close to Vancouver you can absolutely mold them and return them. For the other 390 million North Americans......

yeah sucks to be you eh?

But actualy its < 390million cuz if you are on a layover at YVR you can book an appointment ( which you should always do ) take the sky train in, get your liners and be back to the airport in < 4 hrs

also its close enough to the border that I have seen an american bring in 7 boxes of boots he bought elsewhere in for a fitting