Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

SuperGoat PSA - ON3P Limited Run

No offense taken lol, I am actually quite flattered!! You guys are the best for making these available to the public.

I bought these for nukin’ Big Sky and Mammoth, figure 11, knowing they will easier to schmear on than my other missiles (191 wren/katana/monster) due to the RES.

They will be locked away in a secret vault, built 200 feet underground, when not in use, with the ground entrance guarded by an English Mastiff and Dobermans. Down below I have hired 4 armed guards to protect the entrance. Retina scan, 6 combination locks, and DNA recognition needed to enter vault.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Looking forward to a photo of this herd of beasts before they get sent out to their new owners.

https://youtu.be/S06nIz4scvI

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Anyone have experience with the 1.5x flex? Auvgeek - don’t you have a pair of 191’s in a similar flex?

Currently ski a 186 w/RES from a few years back. Love the idea of bigger and beefier but not a young buck anymore. :-)
    Yeah, I think my pairs are somewhere between 1.5x and Aever, but I don't know for sure. Some of the stiffness was added with the woodgrain topsheet, not extra carbon, and for the second pair, ON3P milled the core thicker in the tail. Both hand flex about 30%-40% stiffer than 2014 stock, with the second pair being noticeably stiffer in the tail. So maybe closer to the 1.5x than the aevergreen? IDK. Regardless, I love the way they ski. In past, I've found that too stiff of a tail can over-stress your patellar tendon if you land backseat (I actually managed to rip mine off the bone on a pair of brown BD Zealots).

Scott actually saves the build specifics for each pair of the skis ON3P builds, so if I was a paying customer, I could probably get him to look up exactly where they'd fit in to the flexes on the Super Goat. Pretty neat stuff.

At ~160#, I may not be big/strong enough for the Aevergreen SG. Especially when I already own two pairs of stiff 191s and 202 L138 (which are the stiffest ski I've ever hand-flexed), so I may never find out exactly how they compare to my pairs. I do like the idea of the lower tail rocker and asymmetric sidecut, though.

I bet you'd be very happy with the 189 stiff. Or make an offer on my 191s so I can buy the Super Goat! (jk)
    Last edited by auvgeek; 10-23-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Wood veneer is not available? But why?

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    Wood veneer is not available? But why?

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Can't get good looking Red Gum long enough right now - looking like New Years is the timeline on a restock of the material we've used & dialed flex modifications in to, hence not an option right now.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Damn these sound nice.

Curious- why sweet gum? Any reason aside from strictly looks?

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Damn these sound nice.

Curious- why sweet gum? Any reason aside from strictly looks?
    Looks good, cuts well (big part), consistent change to the flex, not too stiff.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

On3P is MAGA!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Yeah, I think my pairs are somewhere between 1.5x and Aever, but I don't know for sure. Some of the stiffness was added with the woodgrain topsheet, not extra carbon, and for the second pair, ON3P milled the core thicker in the tail. Both hand flex about 30%-40% stiffer than 2014 stock, with the second pair being noticeably stiffer in the tail. So maybe closer to the 1.5x than the aevergreen? IDK. Regardless, I love the way they ski. In past, I've found that too stiff of a tail can over-stress your patellar tendon if you land backseat (I actually managed to rip mine off the bone on a pair of brown BD Zealots).

Scott actually saves the build specifics for each pair of the skis ON3P builds, so if I was a paying customer, I could probably get him to look up exactly where they'd fit in to the flexes on the Super Goat. Pretty neat stuff.

At ~160#, I may not be big/strong enough for the Aevergreen SG. Especially when I already own two pairs of stiff 191s and 202 L138 (which are the stiffest ski I've ever hand-flexed), so I may never find out exactly how they compare to my pairs. I do like the idea of the lower tail rocker and asymmetric sidecut, though.

I bet you'd be very happy with the 189 stiff. Or make an offer on my 191s so I can buy the Super Goat! (jk)
    202 L138 is the stiffest ski I have hand flexed as well, although they ski quite easily.
    Love the dims of the Super Goat (144-118-127).
    My favorite ski, the Lhasa Fat, measures (144-117-125.5).
    Plus RES and the asymmetric sidecut ... mmmmmm.

ON3P, I tip my hat to you.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I’ll get on the list for next year’s sell-offs...

Lmk if you end up passing your SGs on next year...I’ll pay more for pink ones w/ aevergreene flex

#onlybuy2ndhand

Has anyone else gone full Aever?

What mags have even bought so far?

Me
    Kai
    Bruce Springskiin
    Seatown Slackey

Will edit to include future buyers

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 10-24-2017 at 03:03 PM.

This is such an awesome deal. You guys rock. I would order a pair if my wife wouldn’t send me to the Tammy Winette thread if another pair of skis showed up at the house.

I jumped on the wagon Saturday night. I was tempted to go full adver, being over 200. But figured at stiff I would ski them more often. I am looking forward to more junk in the trunk on these, compared to my past BG experiences. Also expecting these to tunnel through powder a bit less than my Wrens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    I jumped on the wagon Saturday night. I was tempted to go full adver, being over 200. But figured at stiff I would ski them more often. I am looking forward to more junk in the trunk on these, compared to my past BG experiences. Also expecting these to tunnel through powder a bit less than my Wrens.
    Nice dude! I edited my post above to include you. I hope more people step up.

I am probably going to sell my BG Tours, Hellbents, and another pair of K2s.. and get another pair of SGs, but this time with the 1.5x carbon. Gunmetal with Green Sidewalls. So I'll have one pair full AEver(2x) in Red, White and Blue, and one pair of 1.5x stiff Matrix-style. This is just too good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Nice dude! I edited my post above to include you. I hope more people step up.

I am probably going to sell my BG Tours, Hellbents, and another pair of K2s.. and get another pair of SGs, but this time with the 1.5x carbon. Gunmetal with Green Sidewalls. So I'll have one pair full AEver(2x) in Red, White and Blue, and one pair of 1.5x stiff Matrix-style. This is just too good to pass up.
    What size are your BG tours?

Also, stoked that ON3P did this.. I have a buddy who is about 6'2" ~200 pounds give or take.. I really want him to step up and buy a pair. Sadly he won't be able to do so until next season at the earliest.

What is the recommended mounting point on the SG?

191 BG Tours. Those will be the last pair I sell though. K2s go first.

Going to make an ad this week.

191 BG Tours. Those will be the last pair I sell though. K2s go first.

Going to make an ad this week.

Too tall for me.. I'll spread the word though. Tallest I'd go for a BG would be 184.

The tour core is nice and buttery though..

The tour core is nice and buttery though..

Ha.. not scared of the flex. More the length. I'm just shy of 175cm myself hehe.

My phone is doing weird shit. How much are they after code?

$779, same as regular Billy Goats. Unless you get green sidewalls.

Damn, new SuperGoats were not in the budget for the next few weeks.

I so need to sell some stuff...
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto.Creek View Post
    Ha.. not scared of the flex. More the length. I'm just shy of 175cm myself hehe.
    They are in a funny corner of the Ski Quiver Spectrum. Very capable of being a daily driver, especially if you are spoiled with little ice. The length scares away all but the giants. The tour core scares away the heavier amongst us. The width scares away the vertical oriented. If I was not so damn tempted by ON3P’s latest offerings, and customization I would probably still have these. I had ON3P beef up a Steeple 108 to mimic the flex of the BG tour. For me the 191 BG tour. Just another pair of Gateway ON3P’s.

I think you could actually ski them if you really wanted. I gave them to my Father on a pow day last year. He is several inches shorter than he used to be, legs don’t work as well as they used to. I expected him to be done in a few hours. He has very little experience in Western Powder. He and my sister, on Jeffrey 114s went bell to bell. By the way she called the Jeffrey’s Cake Makers. Made everything she wanted them to do easy as cake.

While I am stoking our on ON3P for you all. I handed my 16yo cousin the same Jeffrey’s later last year. I couldn’t shake him off my tails all day. Fully spoiled the Kid. I got him to pause on top of Hollywood at Jackson. When he hesitated I saw my opportunity show him I was still the best skier in the family. Once I went, he had no problem following me. It was on from there.

Sorry for the tangent back to SG stoke. Props to ON3P for following up on a special style request for my SG. I’ll keep the idea under wraps for now, but I am excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Damn, new SuperGoats were not in the budget for the next few weeks.

I so need to sell some stuff...
    You still have the spats I sold you in plastic?