Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Schwing giggity

Great day at the bird on my SG’s. Amazing soft snow ski. Variable density and they just plow through. Hard to believe a ski can be this stable and undemanding. Pretty sure they’ll never see a boiler plate day so who cares

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Super Goats vs 192 GPOs vs 196 Bodacious

Disclaimer: I'm not very eloquent when writing reviews

About me:
    32 years old
    5'10"
    205lbs

Other skis I've liked:
    192 LP105
    192 ProTest
    202 Lotus 138
    186 Automatic 117
    180 Experience 98

Skis I've disliked:
    192 Mr. Pollard's Opus
    184 Armada Declivity
    (I don't like center mounted skis)

Super Goats:

I put my money where my mouth was and jumped on the SG train this year since my beloved GPOs delamed at the end of last season (stump-1 GPO-0).

3 word review:
    Zero fucks given

The SGs don't care what you put in front of them because they will handle it, zero fucks given.

Speed is what the Super Goats crave and if you give it to them they will reward you. 2funky wrote a good review on the SGs (post #420 in this thread) and I agree with his assessment on the skis. They rage. SGs are the best soft chop skis I've ever been on. They blow through it like it isn't even there. 2funky said it best when he said:

"You can literally be hauling ballz, set the edge, pour a cup of tea and enjoy it without spilling a drop though cut up snow."

SGs are awesome. They're great in 3d snow (pow, chop, crud), trees (as long as not too tight), predicable on 2d snow and can hold an edge on soft groomers They're not the most fun in big, set up bumps but soft spaced bumps are good.

They like fairly centered stance especially on 2d snow. Too much tip pressure will cause the tails to wash out. In pow they can be driven.

The SG is a big, stiff ski that is incredibly accessible.

192 GPO:

3 word review:
    Dash n Slash

This was my go to ski for the past few years. Initially, I was underwhelmed by this ski. I thought is was just, meh. However, I forced myself to ski it and then I found myself pulling out of the ski bag almost every day I made it to the mountain.

The GPO is a jack of all traits ski that loves the fall line. It's OK in untouched pow, better in tracked pow, and great in trees. I love setting it on edge and carving the crap out of soft groomers even though it doesn't give much rebound out of the turn.

The tails are supportive but loose so if you're skiing tight trees and need to dump some speed throw quick slash then you can dash through the choke.

The GPO is one of my favorite skis. It is great.

196 Bodacious:

3 word review:
    Charge and slarve

I've only spent a handful of days on these skis. The Bodacious are heavy. They are the heaviest planks I've clicked into. When the skis are on the snow I don't really notice the weight but they feel cumbersome in the air and on the chair lift. My SGs feel like light weights in comparison.

The Bodes are damp, full metal, crank it to 11 skis. If you like skis that have a really nice, smooth on snow feel, the Bodes might be right up your alley. While the Bodes are smooth, they're not particularly quick skis. Positive input is required from the pilot gets these skis to go where you want them to go. They are more work than the SGs and the GPOs.

In pow the Bodacious float fairly nicely. Even though the tails on these skis are fairly flat with very little splay, they are incredibly easy to kick them into a slarve. That was the most surprising thing about the Bodes. Devouring chop is also in their wheelhouse.

The 196 Bodacious is a solid ski. Sure it's heavy and it takes a strong pilot to manuever them but they are rewarding and fun to ski. I've had a blast skiing them.

Powder:
    SGs are the best in powder. Followed by the Bodes and then the GPOs.

Chop, soft crud:
    SGs are the best chop ski I've ever been on. They just flatten everything in they're path. Amazing. Bodes don't give up too much in chop but they're not SG good. GPOs are also pretty damn good in chop as well.

Soft groomers:
    GPOs are great on edge. They're just so quick and fun. The Bodes are also good carving fat skis. When carving on the Bodes and you're pushing into the ski, it's like they just beg you for more. Your legs will give out before the Bodes are satisfied. The SGs are OK at carving. The SGs hold an edge but they're not particularly exciting in this regard.

Set up crud:
    SGs, Bodes, GPOs

Firm/icy conditions:
    I grab other skis when things are firm but I'd rate them as SGs, Bodes and then GPOs. All three of these skis are predicable, stable skis. They'll get you down the mountain without any surprises.

In the air:
    I like to pop off wind lips and drop small cornices but I don't flip or spin. Tricks are for kids. I'd rank GPOs first then SGs followed by the Bodes in dead last. The Bodes are just so heavy. They feel cumbersome in the air. All three skis stop landings.

Bumps:
    GPOs are quick skis so they're not bad in bumps. SGs aren't great in bumps but they're not that bad. Bodes are the slowest of the three skis and they take the most energy to ski so they're the least fun in zee moguls.

I like all three of these skis.

Any downsides? I'm weary of reviews that only sing praises. Or maybe the super goat really is the second coming of jeebus

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app

SuperGoat PSA - ON3P Limited Run

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    Any downsides?
    Deep moguls and super tight spots.

I only have one day in super heavy setup up tahoe snow on mine but Kopi's review is spot on. Downsides, I don't get enough powder days and the skis don't want to go slow so they prefer open terrain. For going fast on big lines in soft snow tracked or untracked these are awesome. For toodling around in the trees, it can be done they pivot easier than my goliaths but your legs will get tired fast.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I only have one day in super heavy setup up tahoe snow on mine but Kopi's review is spot on. Downsides, I don't get enough powder days and the skis don't want to go slow so they prefer open terrain. For going fast on big lines in soft snow tracked or untracked these are awesome. For toodling around in the trees, it can be done they pivot easier than my goliaths but your legs will get tired fast.
    100% Agree...
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

The thigh burn from Aeverflex is serious. SG’s are not mogul skis.

I’m no pro or TGR wannabe pro, but reading these reviews, it sounds almost exactly like how I’d describe my Sick Day 114’s.

Now I really need to try the SG. My Bodes are for sure heavy, but never feel cumbersome. Either in the air or at slow speeds. So man, the SG must be like feather weight super skis.

Name:  p0vbVcg.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  24.9 KB

Thanks for the review!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Super Goats vs 192 GPOs vs 196 Bodacious

Disclaimer: I'm not very eloquent when writing reviews

About me:
    32 years old
    5'10"
    205lbs

Other skis I've liked:
    192 LP105
    192 ProTest
    202 Lotus 138
    186 Automatic 117
    180 Experience 98

Skis I've disliked:
    192 Mr. Pollard's Opus
    184 Armada Declivity
    (I don't like center mounted skis)

Super Goats:

I put my money where my mouth was and jumped on the SG train this year since my beloved GPOs delamed at the end of last season (stump-1 GPO-0).

3 word review:
    Zero fucks given

The SGs don't care what you put in front of them because they will handle it, zero fucks given.

Speed is what the Super Goats crave and if you give it to them they will reward you. 2funky wrote a good review on the SGs (post #420 in this thread) and I agree with his assessment on the skis. They rage. SGs are the best soft chop skis I've ever been on. They blow through it like it isn't even there. 2funky said it best when he said:

"You can literally be hauling ballz, set the edge, pour a cup of tea and enjoy it without spilling a drop though cut up snow."

SGs are awesome. They're great in 3d snow (pow, chop, crud), trees (as long as not too tight), predicable on 2d snow and can hold an edge on soft groomers They're not the most fun in big, set up bumps but soft spaced bumps are good.

They like fairly centered stance especially on 2d snow. Too much tip pressure will cause the tails to wash out. In pow they can be driven.

The SG is a big, stiff ski that is incredibly accessible.

192 GPO:

3 word review:
    Dash n Slash

This was my go to ski for the past few years. Initially, I was underwhelmed by this ski. I thought is was just, meh. However, I forced myself to ski it and then I found myself pulling out of the ski bag almost every day I made it to the mountain.

The GPO is a jack of all traits ski that loves the fall line. It's OK in untouched pow, better in tracked pow, and great in trees. I love setting it on edge and carving the crap out of soft groomers even though it doesn't give much rebound out of the turn.

The tails are supportive but loose so if you're skiing tight trees and need to dump some speed throw quick slash then you can dash through the choke.

The GPO is one of my favorite skis. It is great.

196 Bodacious:

3 word review:
    Charge and slarve

I've only spent a handful of days on these skis. The Bodacious are heavy. They are the heaviest planks I've clicked into. When the skis are on the snow I don't really notice the weight but they feel cumbersome in the air and on the chair lift. My SGs feel like light weights in comparison.

The Bodes are damp, full metal, crank it to 11 skis. If you like skis that have a really nice, smooth on snow feel, the Bodes might be right up your alley. While the Bodes are smooth, they're not particularly quick skis. Positive input is required from the pilot gets these skis to go where you want them to go. They are more work than the SGs and the GPOs.

In pow the Bodacious float fairly nicely. Even though the tails on these skis are fairly flat with very little splay, they are incredibly easy to kick them into a slarve. That was the most surprising thing about the Bodes. Devouring chop is also in their wheelhouse.

The 196 Bodacious is a solid ski. Sure it's heavy and it takes a strong pilot to manuever them but they are rewarding and fun to ski. I've had a blast skiing them.

Powder:
    SGs are the best in powder. Followed by the Bodes and then the GPOs.

Chop, soft crud:
    SGs are the best chop ski I've ever been on. They just flatten everything in they're path. Amazing. Bodes don't give up too much in chop but they're not SG good. GPOs are also pretty damn good in chop as well.

Soft groomers:
    GPOs are great on edge. They're just so quick and fun. The Bodes are also good carving fat skis. When carving on the Bodes and you're pushing into the ski, it's like they just beg you for more. Your legs will give out before the Bodes are satisfied. The SGs are OK at carving. The SGs hold an edge but they're not particularly exciting in this regard.

Set up crud:
    SGs, Bodes, GPOs

Firm/icy conditions:
    I grab other skis when things are firm but I'd rate them as SGs, Bodes and then GPOs. All three of these skis are predicable, stable skis. They'll get you down the mountain without any surprises.

In the air:
    I like to pop off wind lips and drop small cornices but I don't flip or spin. Tricks are for kids. I'd rank GPOs first then SGs followed by the Bodes in dead last. The Bodes are just so heavy. They feel cumbersome in the air. All three skis stop landings.

Bumps:
    GPOs are quick skis so they're not bad in bumps. SGs aren't great in bumps but they're not that bad. Bodes are the slowest of the three skis and they take the most energy to ski so they're the least fun in zee moguls.

I like all three of these skis.
    I just read this. Nice review! Kinda making me want to try the GPO. It sounds like a blend of BG’s and RX.

The story has been told already by other SG users. But after a weekend of wet heavy snow, I really got a feel for these skis. My feet feel like someone beat on them with a baseball bat. So maybe it is time to upgrade the boot situation.

Took the SG’s out at Snowbird today. Totally blown away again. First day spousal unit has been able to join me on them. She said they make me a better human.

Also skiing w the kiddos. Pretty impressed w the ability to make slow controlled turns, high speed crud and everything in between.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1523729522.391380.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	289.8 KB 
ID:	232283

SG’s rip slush

Which topsheet option are those @jackattack? They’re glorious.

Garnet

Classy AF

Any updates on next pre-order window?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    The story has been told already by other SG users. But after a weekend of wet heavy snow, I really got a feel for these skis. My feet feel like someone beat on them with a baseball bat. So maybe it is time to upgrade the boot situation.
    Explain? I missed that story...

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Supergoats kick ass in heavy, crusty or upside down snow conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Supergoats kick ass in heavy, crusty or upside down snow conditions.
    What he said, I’ll empathize the heavy snow conditions part. Big or small turns zero fucks given by the ski. Other than you better have a plan and keep up. Really impressive. But I am probably not going to enjoy them in to a well set up and deep mogul field with out any soft snow.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Skis and boots arm race, buy beefy boots, buy beefier skis, need to buy beefier boots .......................................

So I am 6'4" and 205 lbs and did the SGs in standard flex and do not find them demanding at all... They are not a mogul ski or kill it in tight trees, but the std flex kills it in POW, cut up POW and handles groomers just fine... I am sur the Avegreene stiffs are a handful, but my 193 SGs are no more demanding than my 191s... It is a great ski, but I feel some of the comments are making them more of a demanding ski than they are... Very TGR like... Shit I bought the OG 196 Bodacious re-release with two sheets of titanium and stiff as fuck and the ski is a blast thanks to its design...

They're back! also veneer. stoked.