Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    You only live once...! That is at least what I am telling myself... Grizzlycorn SGs are sitting in my cart and am just trying to talk myself out of them... I have had this battle many times and I know my wallet is going to loose...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Should be marketable if you don't love. Top 5 on my topsheet list. And whenever I get around to skiing BGs, I'm gonna go ahead and assume my fat ass will prefer the SGs.

Let's see some completed check out screenshots from the non-poseurs. None of this "I don't have enough money" bullshit. Step up to the plate and then post in the "How did you prove your manhood today" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Trying to justify buying these when I just bought Hokkaidos in a 189, 29r, 117 underfoot. Anyone got some good arguments?
    Super Goats will earn you 10,000 GNAR Points in the tram line, plus get you laid by some chick you met at Scissorbills.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    plus get you laid by some chick you met at Scissorbills.
    Now we’re talkin’!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Should be marketable if you don't love. Top 5 on my topsheet list. And whenever I get around to skiing BGs, I'm gonna go ahead and assume my fat ass will prefer the SGs.

I already am part of the Grizzlycorn club... First gen custom 186 Viciks... I talked Iggy into adding extra carbon as I didn't think the stock version was stout enough for my size... Fing love the ski and they are one of the stiffest hand flexing ski I own and have been on... When the SGs happen the Grizz is the only way I am going... Trying to determine the flex...

I already am part of the Grizzlycorn club... First gen custom 186 Viciks... I talked Iggy into adding extra carbon as I didn't think the stock version was stout enough for my size... Fing love the ski and they are one of the stiffest hand flexing ski I own and have been on... When the SGs happen the Grizz is the only way I am going... Trying to determine the flex...

I thought we've all decided that if you're gonna get the ski you must go full Aever.
    Ski the ski that you want to be..

I dont ski.

These skis made me want to buy skis and ski.

I guess I am going to ski now.

SuperGoat PSA - ON3P Limited Run

Undertow, I would go 1.5 if you want a do it all powder ski.

Powtron said Aeverflex is better for raging long vertical through chunder and refrozen crap

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 10-29-2017 at 08:59 PM.

1.5x Flex based on that classic Vicik you own
    You should have been here yesterday!

2 things

First, tell me you can do the unicorn bases.

Second, these are dimensionally similar to Lhasa fats...any thoughts to skiing characteristics?

Either way, ordering up the grizzly corns tonight!

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    2 things

Second, these are dimensionally similar to Lhasa fats...any thoughts to skiing characteristics?

Have not skied the Billy Goat but own the Lhasa FAT, have skied with people who own the BG and spoke to their characteristics.
    I don't think they will ski the same. Similar specs but the shape is different, esp with the res on the SG. The Lhasa has a longer effective edge and can carve like a mofo on hard pack. The SG is probably looser and pivots better, Lhasa doesn't pivot well, tail wants to hang up. I don't really care since the Lhasa is a fall line crusher. The Lhasa takes some speed to really come alive and get loose where the Goat can smear/pivot at slower speeds, from what I've heard anyhow. YMMV.

2 things

What flex have you decided on?

I havent skied Lhasas.

Compared to the burliest non-metal skis I have skied extensively, 191 Wrens and 196 Governors, regular flex Billy Goats are really not too far off in stability. Even the stock ones can rage chop and chunder like a boss.

The shape however makes them super fun, forgiving, and pivoty. Not like Reverse/Reverse ARG or Powderboard pivoty, but more like 4Frnt Hoji pivoty. BGs are great tree skis.

The ski makes the best of both worlds. It can have fun, or rage. It’s absolutely phenomenal in any sort of soft snow. The most predictable skis in thick 3D, manky type snow I have ever tried too.

On hardpack, they work fine, and can ski fast.. they just dont “bite” in the nose like a traditional sidecut ski would.

However they do like the fall line, and like speed. I wouldnt buy even the regular 189s for noodling around on flatter terrain.

The stock flex of the BG felt a touch softer than my Lhasa. So maybe a 1.5 flex on the SG scale. I have yet to find a speed limit on the Lhasa, it may exist, I just haven't found it .
    The Lhasa is a scalpel where the BG sounds like a narrow ProTest, one of my favorite pure pow skis.

I really need to get on the BG. The SG intrigues me more than the normal goat since the specs are similar to the Lhasa, just in a diff shape, more ProTest shape.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    The stock flex of the BG felt a touch softer than my Lhasa. So maybe a 1.5 flex on the SG scale. I have yet to find a speed limit on the Lhasa, it may exist, I just haven't found it .
    The Lhasa is a scalpel where the BG sounds like a narrow ProTest, one of my favorite pure pow skis.

I really need to get on the BG. The SG intrigues me more than the normal goat since the specs are similar to the Lhasa, just in a diff shape, more ProTest shape.
    You should definitely get a 1.5 flex SG.

The tail of BGs feel quite “normal”. They are pintail, but they dont wash out on you like some others do. Unless you want them to wash out..

Such a great shape. I’m just wondering, 10 years from now, how the heck could On3p improve on such an awesome design?

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

The tail of BGs feel quite “normal”. They are pintail, but they dont wash out on you like some others do. Unless you want them to wash out..

Such a great shape. I’m just wondering, 10 years from now, how the heck could On3p improve on such an awesome design?

Not in the cards this year man. Would love to though, the wife would fucking kill me. I would like to ski them though. I bet they will do another run next season, or just swoop some in GS when someone unloads them for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post

I have a feeling that you'll get a chance to ride both this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Not in the cards this year man. Would love to though, the wife would fucking kill me. I would like to ski them though. I bet they will do another run next season, or just swoop some in GS when someone unloads them for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Trying to justify buying these when I just bought Hokkaidos in a 189, 29r, 117 underfoot. Anyone got some good arguments?
    Yeah. Upgrade from a cardboard core.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Yeah. Upgrade from a cardboard core.
    Ash and poplar?

This ski is beautiful...especially in gunmetal, however, if someone wants to unload their Wrengade 108 (189) to fund their Supergoats, please give me a shout.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    2 things

grizzlycorn bases aren't currently in stock but the topsheets are.

Didn’t the Eh used to say ‘sorry’ on the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    I have a feeling that you'll get a chance to ride both this season.
    I see what you're doing and I like it.

Trigger pulled on SG’s w grizzly corn!

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Trigger pulled
    My man!!

Did you feel the temporary surge in Testosterone?

Take it out on your wife/GF!

She will wonder what hit her. Tell her it was the spirit of the goat inside of you.