Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Nice pic!

The tails on the SGs would eat Blister Gear Reviewers for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Blister guys thought that GPOs tails were too much and the tails of SGs are significantly more robust.
    Thanks!

Blister reviews are all over the place. For example, they (Jonathan) loved the tail on the 190 QLab, which is pretty much the stiffest tail I've ever ridden. But it's a short ski at 187cm actual, so maybe that's why it's more manageable?

What I have enjoyed with my past two Wrens, a Vicki, Billygoat, and skis in general. The first few days they are difficult to ski. But after a few days I get used to them they elevate ones level of skiing. Essentially the ski becomes rewarding to ski. I do not think it is possible to get that out of a few runs. A week with the ski and maybe. I did a ski test once for some Canadian publication, thought the Fischers were great. Picked up a pair and became bored with them after half a season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Thanks!

Blister reviews are all over the place. For example, they (Jonathan) loved the tail on the 190 QLab, which is pretty much the stiffest tail I've ever ridden. But it's a short ski at 187cm actual, so maybe that's why it's more manageable?
    Blister has some...mixed feelings...on the BG/SG shape for sure. We do often wonder if they just don't like the shape, but that is why we want as many people providing feedback as we can. Different strokes for different folks.
    You should have been here yesterday!

hoping someone at BBI w/ a 316ish boot wants to trade runs on a 196 Down Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Blister has some...mixed feelings...on the BG/SG shape for sure. We do often wonder if they just don't like the shape, but that is why we want as many people providing feedback as we can. Different strokes for different folks.
    I honestly think they end up basing too much of their review on snow the ski is not meant for. And they like shorter skis.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I honestly think they end up basing too much of their review on snow the ski is not meant for. And they like shorter skis.
    Agreed. Seems as their sweet spot for length is sub 187.

Them Blister should put a bigger guy on the SG. A ski that size isn’t probably meant for someone who weighs 160lbs unless he’s a superhero. I’m 225 and think they rail on hardpack. Hopefully when this next storm hits LCC, I’ll know what they feel like in soft snow too.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    hoping someone at BBI w/ a 316ish boot wants to trade runs on a 196 Down Countdown
    I'd like to try them, as well. And I'd like to try your Downs... You can have your pick of 191 BG, 194 XXL, 197 Katana

SuperGoat PSA - ON3P Limited Run

Triangle test: SG, 191 BG & CD114

Just need to find our friendly BBI SG lender

Did somebody say 3 way???

I’m you’re huckleberry.

😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Blister is scared of greatness.

Mine are 316mm also. I’d be down to share if we ever find ourselves in the same place at the same time.

why no 335.....

Quote Originally Posted by Not Neil_Armstrong View Post
    why no 335.....
    we'll im actually 325 so you'd be .5 back but should still squeeze into my sth2s

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Blister is scared of greatness.
    I have a theory, and I’m probably way late to the party with this hot take: do most of their reviewers not get along with any ski with, even a slight, learning curve to it? None of them must own their own skis at this point, and just grab whatever they’re reviewing at the time- does that give them a bias toward the most homogenized skis in their category?

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I have a theory, and I’m probably way late to the party with this hot take: do most of their reviewers not get along with any ski with, even a slight, learning curve to it? None of them must own their own skis at this point, and just grab whatever they’re reviewing at the time- does that give them a bias toward the most homogenized skis in their category?
    I think they usually do a decent job. At least a lot better than most. It’s hard when you are reviewing something that is sooooo subjective. They just try their best to describe a skis characteristics and if you just look for that I think they do a good job. Most of their skis have at least 10 days prior to a review and they always say the number.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    I think they usually do a decent job. At least a lot better than most. It’s hard when you are reviewing something that is sooooo subjective. They just try their best to describe a skis characteristics and if you just look for that I think they do a good job. Most of their skis have at least 10 days prior to a review and they always say the number.

I agree with you. I’m going for the sports radio call-in take here in concordance with Adrenalated’s take. Conjecture. They’re still the best at what they do.

But for my tastes, my most recent purchases over the past few years prove to me I’ve learned more here than there.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I agree with you. I’m going for the sports radio call-in take here in concordance with Adrenalated’s take. Conjecture. They’re still the best at what they do.

But for my tastes, my most recent purchases prove to me I’ve learned more here, than there.
    I agree 100% but TGR is like a giant blister site in forum form. Pretty much everyone here skis a minimum of 30 days a year putting them in the top 1% of days on the mountain. It’s like a forum of hundreds of Blister guys instead of like 5 people reviewing so a much larger and more diverse set of skiers reviewing.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    I think this is pretty accurate. I don't really care if Blister *likes* the ski or not. I'm more about; how stiff is it, how much camber, playful, or work-horse, how is it in fresh, chop, frozen-chicken-heads, etc?

Knowing that data, and knowing what I like, from previous skis, I can have a reasonable idea if it's worth looking at or not.

And finding a review on Blister is usually only a Google search away - toss in a few other "reviews" even fairly trashy ones, and it's pretty helpful and quick. Trying to find a good review on a specific ski, on TGR isn't the easiest thing around, IMO. [It's rarely a Google search away, at least on the first page of results or two.]

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    I think this is pretty accurate. I don't really care if Blister *likes* the ski or not. I'm more about; how stiff is it, how much camber, playful, or work-horse, how is it in fresh, chop, frozen-chicken-heads, etc?

Knowing that data, and knowing what I like, from previous skis, I can have a reasonable idea if it's worth looking at or not.

And finding a review on Blister is usually only a Google search away - toss in a few other "reviews" even fairly trashy ones, and it's pretty helpful and quick. Trying to find a good review on a specific ski, on TGR isn't the easiest thing around, IMO. [It's rarely a Google search away, at least on the first page of results or two.]
    But the quality of said TGR review is usually what makes the few extra minutes of searching worth it.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

i would absolutely love to see some more supergoat photos - both of the skis in action and of just the skis , so thanks in advance for anyone who shares the stoke

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Did you feel the slightest bit inadequate skiing on your SGs yesterday watching Scott ski on those 174cm TX 82s? I know I did.