Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    They are great just a bit much for where I ski. I never get west and cannot do them justice.
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

SuperGoat PSA - ON3P Limited Run

You guys hurteradid my feelingses

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    They are great just a bit much for where I ski. I never get west and cannot do them justice.
    No worries.....lol...now wondering if I should buy them back??? I skied those suckers all over the place from CA corn to UT deep to CO windblown crust to PA/NY/VT ice......and the Jersey Babes at the Beast always gave liftline love to the Shiro.

If you really want to get rid of them... PM me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1715.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	335.4 KB 
ID:	243822

Supergoats of summertime

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Im not too worried about the haters. They dont know the real reasons why I’m leaving the On3p bandwagon (nevergreen, more like neveragain!) They think I sold Aever cuz it was too burly. Ha. Not even close. It’s all a joke to me.

So, what was your rationale?

He skis too many bumps too often to make it a DD

The unfortunate part of this saga is that it sort of confirms that manufacturers shouldn’t really be supporting this part of the market because even high powered enthusiasts have a limited window of use for aeverstiff. (Altho iggy did manage to sell a whole limited run)

I’m excited about the super goat purely from the side of making a 193 version of the goat available. I hope that doesn’t go away cuz it takes me awhile to save my pennies. Eventually I think this will supplant my downs. I’ve had one run on some 189s and I definitely felt something...!

Im not too worried about the haters. They dont know the real reasons why I’m leaving the On3p bandwagon (nevergreen, more like neveragain!) They think I sold Aever cuz it was too burly. Ha. Not even close. It’s all a joke to me.

You’re leaving the bandwagon? I mean, if I’m Scott right now I’d be like FUCK YOU!

No big deal to sell the skis, but damn, that seems like quite an overreaction.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    The unfortunate part of this saga is that it sort of confirms that manufacturers shouldn’t really be supporting this part of the market because even high powered enthusiasts have a limited window of use for aeverstiff.
    I'm not sure that's true. ON3P can custom make any of their skis in the aever flex by adding twice the regular carbon -- that doesn't require a new mold or anything. The real story here is the production run of a 193 cm Billy Goat with less tail rocker, which it sounds like has outsold ON3P's expectations since they've gone so far as to make multiple runs of them, some of which are in stock as opposed to purely pre-sale only.

Beaterjuice buys and sells skis near daily. He loves a ski one day and then sells it the next. I'm pretty sure every ski he's owned has been for sale at some point, including the RX.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

You guys must not be reading my posts. Either that or disregarding them on purpose. 2x is not too stiff if thats what you are looking for. I have skis that are much burlier, and will continue to buy skis that are burlier, and continue to have fun on them. Most traditional skis feel burlier than 2x SGs. My Praxis Rx ski stiffer than 2x SGs.

We are reading your posts:

I want something with slightly more flex, so I can pop up and out of the deeper troughs a little easier. I dont suspect the 1.5x will be vastly different, but just enough to work better in resort conditions for me and where I ski. Aever is a true big mountain gun, more so than 191 Wren, just slarvier.

I would be completely happy keeping my Aevers, since I have 189 BGs for bumps, but am thinking the 1.5x Supergoats would do the job of both of those.. and I could consolidate.
    Aever is only too stiff because where I ski gets sooo bumped out..
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Some of you guys are reading, but others I cant tell. I cant respond to those that arent.

Its not too stiff in general. It is only too stiff for bumps. Thats it. I dont want people not buying 2x when they have the terrain/weight/skill for it. People have been saying “there is no use for skis like this” or whatever. I disagree.

I dont think its even the stiffness, cuz I ski Monsters in bumps no problem. Its just not an all mtn ski.

I could just have skied them anywhere else but bumps, but I had other issues with them as well. Asym, not as wide as I’d like for a powder ski, flex consistency, and more issues. I ski too many skis to have a full grasp on every single one, so sorry for any confusion. Diggin from the mental database here..

This has nothing to do with On3p as a company, or Scott, and I hope they dont take it personally. Like I did with the beaterjuice nickname. Shame on me for letting it get to my head, but I am just so sensitive.

It’s really hard to respond to 20 different people too. I’m putting this to rest.

We only tease you because we love you.

It's definitely summer...

I am searching for ski perfection.
    Just letting you know as a fellow searcher....ain't no thing. Just make sure you're giving yourself time to enjoy the process. Take that from someone who decided to start a ski company to answer that questions and after 9 years of long hours constantly thinking of skis....is still not remotely content and is constantly thinking of ways skis should be better. Enjoy the ride, the goal is unattainable.

The unfortunate part of this saga is that it sort of confirms that manufacturers shouldn’t really be supporting this part of the market because even high powered enthusiasts have a limited window of use for aeverstiff. (Altho iggy did manage to sell a whole limited run)
    It's small. These are the sort of things only a few brands can pull off though, so I'm happy we got to do it. That ski is still available - we're not gonna kill it now - so in the end, I'm thumbs up on everything. We won't sell many more...but in the meantime, hard work is done. We're trying to make it something we can offer, as a custom option, on the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You’re leaving the bandwagon? I mean, if I’m Scott right now I’d be like FUCK YOU!
    Not my style, at least publicly

If I wasn't able to put up a wall between the personal and business side of things, I'd go crazy. Obviously, I'm human, so I'd be flat lying if I didn't say things got to me from time to time - ON3P is about as personal as things can get - but the most important thing I've learned is worry about what you can control, and fuck the rest. I don't have the time to worry about things I cannot control.

BetelG has been a customer for a long time - one I've talked to a ton (easily 100 emails) and I stand by every interaction, issue, and ski he's had - even a bit of levity at his expense, which I hope he knows is just that. I don't think there is anything personal here.

V - if the skis aren't for you, that's fine. I'm no arbiter of which skis you should be on. If our skis aren't for you, I hope you can find something that fits what you're looking for. I appreciate your support, whether it means you are an ON3P skier in the future or not. If there is more to this that I am unaware of - whatever is indicated by the "real reasons" - assuming they are other than our skis just aren't for you, by all means, you have my contact info. Always happy to chat.

It is only too stiff for bumps. Thats it. I dont want people not buying 2x when they have the terrain/weight/skill for it.
    For the record, too, I've been saying awhile I think 1.5x is the right flex for the ski.

Hopefully the rest of you can go outside the rest of the day. It's Saturday for fucks sake.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

BeatleG- keep in mind my comment was tongue in cheek. I do think you need to spend more time on just a few pairs of skis. Too much jumping around doesn’t allow your personal style to settle in- for the same reason those magazine rankings where skiers jump on like 10-15 skis in a day are stupid and often lead to poor / inaccurate reviews.

I get really defensive too. Thin skinned would be an understatement.

I was riding Northstar all morning, lapping livewire jumps, and it just doesnt make up for skiing. Gonna go out for a XC ride now, hopefully that will get me thinking clearly.

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 08-11-2018 at 04:44 PM.

I’ve been thinking about the pow specific skis I’ve owned.
    Mavens
    Comi’s
    Lotus 120 spoon
    Double helix
    SG’s
    Splatula
    Not a ton or any specific order. “Vintage” definitely determines “powder” ski. I think the best all around was the double helix, great ski. It was not the best powder ski though. Best float...mavens.

That said the super goats are easily the most fun in soft snow. As I’ve said before, they took decades off of my legs.

I was just fondling them...that’s what brought this on. Can’t snow soon enough

I rip the groomed on tele gear

1.5x supergoats are fun. Let's hope we get lots of snow to use them this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    one I've talked to a ton (easily 100 emails)
    this makes me feel downright low maintenance!

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Don’t worry — I fully understand that the more time you spent handholding custys, the less time you spend designing shapes and constructions we love to ski.

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    You gotta ask how many skis he's bought. I'm definitely under 100 emails, but can't imagine I've come close to his number of skis purchased yet. Give it time...

I'm finding livewire plenty of substitute for snow ... at least until I take new wrens to patagonia next week.

^^ While I’m fully happy in MTB mode right now, the trails around Tahoe would be a better substitute if it finally rained! Ugh, enough moon dust already. This is just like 2 or 3 summers ago (last summer had constant late afternoon thunderstorms and it was like the PNW with better weather when you were actually riding- got spoiled, I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Yep. I think they could've been Dailyed last year, which was the worst year, coverage wise, I personally remember here. SG's are the 1st skis I've ever laid that kinda cake over for. Was definitely a touch shy on pulling trigger, usage wise, when I was drilling rocks on a daily basis. Not gonna make that mistake again.
    Pretty sure DeepHelmet Dailyed his SG's @ the bird.
    Pretty sure Bruce Springskiin Dailys his too.
    I pretty much DD'd mine last year at SB, but they were the 1.5's. I really don't like bump skiing to so can't really offer up how they do, I can't imaging they'd be wonderful, it's not what they're for. What they are for is charging through chopped up resort powder making it feel untracked. I also had quite a bit of fun railing them on the 'roy. My 193 Chochise's didn't make it out very much last year even the snow was pretty terrible. I plan on being on the SG's most of the season this year. Might even sell the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    I pretty much DD'd mine last year at SB, but they were the 1.5's. I really don't like bump skiing to so can't really offer up how they do, I can't imaging they'd be wonderful, it's not what they're for. What they are for is charging through chopped up resort powder making it feel untracked. I also had quite a bit of fun railing them on the 'roy. My 193 Chochise's didn't make it out very much last year even the snow was pretty terrible. I plan on being on the SG's most of the season this year. Might even sell the Spurs.
    Can't see the 2x being vastly different really. Yeah, I will ski bumps, but generally that's when I start moving away from piste.
    I'm going to dd these next yearClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180811_085708959.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	525.0 KB 
ID:	244010

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Can't see the 2x being vastly different really. Yeah, I will ski bumps, but generally that's when I start moving away from piste.
    I'm going to dd these next yearClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180811_085708959.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	525.0 KB 
ID:	244010
    Yeah, seems like from the comments there's a difference, but not night and day. If I was a little younger and slightly less fat, I'd be tempted to try the Aevers. Alas, the days of me doing anything requiring a full face helmet or worthy of being filmed are gone. I'll be at the bird with the 'Merica topsheets most days.