Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You could just fly to yyc. Head for lake Louise or the icefields parkway. Stay at the hostel in LL. I just got back. Slept in the back of my truck in Samson mall parking lot. Rolled out at 8-9 every morning and into laggans coffee for a leisurely breakfast . Probably wasn't on skins til 10:30-11 each day. Nice snow all 3 days with an ez approach/exit 3500-4000ft. Last day from the chateau parking was awesome. 2nd night I hit the hostel for the $5 shower. If you get into yyc by 8am ish you could just do it in a day trip , if you can get z's on the plane

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    You could just fly to yyc. Head for lake Louise or the icefields parkway. Stay at the hostel in LL. I just got back. Slept in the back of my truck in Samson mall parking lot. Rolled out at 8-9 every morning and into laggans coffee for a leisurely breakfast . Probably wasn't on skins til 10:30-11 each day. Nice snow all 3 days with an ez approach/exit 3500-4000ft. Last day from the chateau parking was awesome. 2nd night I hit the hostel for the $5 shower. If you get into yyc by 8am ish you could just do it in a day trip , if you can get z's on the plane
    I looked at PDX, DEN and YYC and the easiest with a bit room for problems was flying into Denver. Leaving Ottawa on Oct 30 super early, one connection in YYZ and landing in Denver at 9:40am. Nothing before Monday morning. I had flight going Ottawa-Newark-Atlanta-Denver or other crazy connections to get to Portland or Calgary.

I'm planning only one ski bag as luggage (skis, ski stuff and clothes and trying to keep it at 50lbs), so I'll probably leave touring gear at home. Carry on will be ski boot bag and skiing daypack.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Does it have to be vertical skiing?

If not, your in luck.......

Name:  mt-van-ho-early-season.jpg;cid=1509031848808-704.jpeg
Views: 292
Size:  61.2 KB

Mt Van Hoevenburg is open for the season! That shouldn't be too far of a drive for you, and a lot cheaper than schlepping all the way to Colorado.

The rest of the story if you're interested.......

snowfactory-comes-to-lake-placid-reliable-snow-and-much-more

forever-winter

ORDA-leases-Snow-Factory-for-Mount-Van-Hoevenberg.html

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    If not, your in luck.......

Name:  mt-van-ho-early-season.jpg;cid=1509031848808-704.jpeg
Views: 292
Size:  61.2 KB

Mt Van Hoevenburg is open for the season! That shouldn't be too far of a drive for you, and a lot cheaper than schlepping all the way to Colorado.

The rest of the story if you're interested.......

snowfactory-comes-to-lake-placid-reliable-snow-and-much-more

forever-winter

ORDA-leases-Snow-Factory-for-Mount-Van-Hoevenberg.html

They are going the same thing North of Quebec City. I've already enquired with them, but decided skiing in Colorado would be more fun.

http://www.foretmontmorency.ca/asset...ang%202017.pdf

There is still snow forecasted for Oct 30-31...but it was a bit too risky to gamble to make it to 145.
    Ski Mad World

Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    I looked at PDX, DEN and YYC and the easiest with a bit room for problems was flying into Denver. Leaving Ottawa on Oct 30 super early, one connection in YYZ and landing in Denver at 9:40am. Nothing before Monday morning. I had flight going Ottawa-Newark-Atlanta-Denver or other crazy connections to get to Portland or Calgary.

I'm planning only one ski bag as luggage (skis, ski stuff and clothes and trying to keep it at 50lbs), so I'll probably leave touring gear at home. Carry on will be ski boot bag and skiing daypack.
    Oh ok , I forgot there is a few resorts open now. For reference though. Calgary to lake Louise is 2hrs. Saturday I drove from revy to LL(2 1/2hrs). Skins on at 11. Super ez skintrack/approach, 4kaps/3500ft, asleep in the back of the truck by 8 after supper and an interwebz surf. Resort laps would be pretty sweet though, especially coming from 20c. Enjoy the process, should be fun

Pat! Congrats on #145 and #146!

impressive since i guess he made it

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Pat! Congrats on #145 and #146!
    Thanks Brutah and everyone.

Oct 30: plane YOW-YYZ-DEN
    Oct 31: A-Basin
    Nov 1: Loveland
    Nov 2: A-Basin
    Nov 3: Loveland - 14 runs til noon off to the airport with a slight detour to Red Rocks.

The ski streak is secured until Dec 31, but I'll probably get a few days prior to getting to the wire.
    Ski Mad World