Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
    ^^^Thanks. Good to know. I was ready to go with Eagle gx on my new bike but thought it was too new, & I don’t need the gears.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Take that FWIW, of course.... but that's my experience so far with several "rider days" with GX Eagle on a handful of bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Take that FWIW, of course.... but that's my experience so far with several "rider days" with GX Eagle on a handful of bikes.
    If somone wants to stick with (mostly SRAM)

I'm a fan of the 11-42 11 speed XT cassette with SRAM X1 shifter and GX derailleur. Not as finicky to setup, you get the nicer shifter still, those cassettes are cheap and easy to get all day long, and the GX rear works well and is a good deal. You can even get the XT in 11-46 if you want more range. No XD driver needed either. I like SRAM stuff, but feel Shimano still beats them when it comes to cassettes.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

My GX Eagles been flawless for 60 days. Maybe 120 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    My GX Eagles been flawless for 60 days. Maybe 120 hours.
    I've got GX Eagle on my new bike and I would say that it is... OK - not quite as smooth as the old 9-speed, but not terrible.

I still occasionally am looking for something lower than 32 x 50, though.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    If somone wants to stick with (mostly SRAM)

I'm a fan of the 11-42 11 speed XT cassette with SRAM X1 shifter and GX derailleur. Not as finicky to setup, you get the nicer shifter still, those cassettes are cheap and easy to get all day long, and the GX rear works well and is a good deal. You can even get the XT in 11-46 if you want more range. No XD driver needed either. I like SRAM stuff, but feel Shimano still beats them when it comes to cassettes.
    I'm doing the same... Shimano 11-42 cassette, SRAM shifter and derailleur and it works great. 30T up front gives a true granny option on steep climbs.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get a 1x11 XT drivetrain instead. After riding (with Chasing Epic) In St. George and Moab for the last month, I’ve realized Eagle fucking sucks. It’s the most finicky rear derailleur I’ve ever seen- non stop shifting issues on the four bikes that had it. I don’t plan on using it on any of my bikes next year. My XT setups didn’t have a single problem, and my clients crash a lot.

No one needs that 12th gear or the 50t anyways... the RD is laughably long to make it happen. Hopefully Shimano calls them out and sticks with 1x11.
    Haha. Well, maybe bad timing for me as it's already in the mail. This is xmas for Mrs2e. She's been asking for it since we moved to FtC. The hills here are in your face every ride and her 28x42 doesn't alleviate enough misery for her with 30lb+ bikes. This'll be a good experiment for us. And I still get credit for the gift.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Has anybody tried the BOX 11-46 11 speed cassette?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Has anybody tried the BOX 11-46 11 speed cassette?
    Heavier and more expensive than an XT...

Looks like a re-labeled SunRace unit.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Does look that way. RM comments.

Thanks guys.