Wireless Backup Cameras?

I spend a lot of time hooking onto trailers by myself. These are cargo and equipment trailers that can't be man handled.

Anyone use the backup cameras where the camera is just USB rechargeable and transmits to your phone (andriod). There are so many options and I've gotten to the point that I just think that all online reviewers are retards.

I'd prefer to not hardwire anything to the truck but I could.

Something like this
    https://www.etrailer.com/Backup-Came...cc-onlyreviews

Anyone got any models they suggest

No recommendation, but etrailer is a legit site. I have bought a bunch of stuff from them.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Subscribed. I actually want a camera for the back for the travel trailer. Wish I could rig it so that as soon as the trailer harness is connected, the back-up camera on the truck is disabled and the screen connects to an alternate camera on the trailer.

The OEM camera on the Chevy for trailer connection is soooo sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    That's pretty rad actually, subscribed.

Never tried that unit- but I had a crew cab long box Duramax (read very long truck). I first tried a wireless system and had an awful picture due to all the interference between the back bumper and the front of the truck- plus the "sending" unit thingy (technical term) was probably not made to be outside the trunk of a car. So I tossed it and got a wired version. Other than mounting the monitor under the dash there wasn't much for hard wiring - the camera was on the license plate bracket and I wired it into the reverse lights and ran the wires through existing openings and under carpet- worked great. My $0.02.

The back up camera on my Jeep makes hooking up easy. I would also like one on the rear of the trailer.

For a work truck, I’d just get a diamond plate V shaped hitch guard.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMountainHound View Post
    Subscribed. I actually want a camera for the back for the travel trailer. Wish I could rig it so that as soon as the trailer harness is connected, the back-up camera on the truck is disabled and the screen connects to an alternate camera on the trailer.

The OEM camera on the Chevy for trailer connection is soooo sweet.
    That seems possible to hack up yourself I think most of those cameras run off RCA. You could have an RCA plug ziptied to each side of the trailer harness and mount an RCA switch box under the glove compartment to switch between cameras at the push of a button...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Timely thread. I think they are getting a lot better and cheaper quickly.
    Saw this but didn't research it yet. $150 on sale for $70
    Free cheapy wiper blades with it.
    https://www.napaonline.com/en/search...isProduct=true

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    That seems possible to hack up yourself I think most of those cameras run off RCA. You could have an RCA plug ziptied to each side of the trailer harness and mount an RCA switch box under the glove compartment to switch between cameras at the push of a button...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Very interesting. I'll have to dig into this possibility further. Thanks!

interested in this idea.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy