Anybody use Revant Optics?

I have a couple pair of Oakley Half Jackets that Oakley does not offer lenses for, but Revant does. BTW, Oakley is owned by Luxottica, and I filled out a form, and the chat person said I may get 40% discount on a new pair if they approve, and I send mine back in.

Anybody use them? https://www.revantoptics.com
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Looks pretty sweet, never heard of them before but glad to have 'em on my radar. My old Julbos are in need of some new Rx lenses soon. thanks man!

I used them and the lenses worked well and were easy to install. Not the same quality as the originals, but not bad. They lasted about 2 years before starting to scratch badly. If your frames are still good I'd recommend using Revant replacements. I think my Bad Dog lenses were only about $38.
    Gravity Junkie

Agreed with Mudfoot. Have used this lens product with success.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ive got a good buddy who actually works with them. Have been talking to him a lot lately about their products/services and it sounds like a pretty sweet company. They make a solid lens (and can custom fit lenses for any frames), and their customer service is also phenomenal.

Sweet! Will try them up soon enough. Thanks for the heads up

Also on a similar topic: this is the second time I’ve had original Oakley lenses showing micro bubbles, seemingly the coating starting to peel or something.
    Anyone had that?

There are a lot of websites selling Oakley knockoffs. Are you sure you got the real deal?
    Gravity Junkie

Fwiw, I picked up a pair of revant polarized lenses for some Oakley's and optical quality was no where near as good as the original lenses. I'm no dentist but it was obvious to my untrained eye that the lenses just weren't as crisp or clear.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Well I went ahead and got some clear for my old Oakley M frames, and some bronze polarized for my half jackets. The clears look great, but I have to fish with the polarized to make a true observation, but the clear lense looks great. Fits well, etc.

Just realized this is a local Portland company. I do have some older Oakleys that could use new lenses, but I'm not really looking to pay Oakley prices to revive them.
    Training for Alpental

Yup. $30 v. $100 for clear.

Yep, I got replacement lenses for some Smiths. The lenses are great, as good as the originals before they got all scratched up. I would recommend.
    Thanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Well I went ahead and got some clear for my old Oakley M frames, and some bronze polarized for my half jackets. The clears look great, but I have to fish with the polarized to make a true observation, but the clear lense looks great. Fits well, etc.
    How are the polarized working out? I need replacements on my Gascans.

My wife used them, and said they were fine. This was for fly fishing, BTW. They don't cross apples to apples, though. IOW, Revant doesn't make a red iridium polarized, but I bought the amber, (if that's what Revant called it), cuz that's what works best for fly fishing, IMO. Anyway, they have good optics, come with a nice little microfiber bag.