Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Did you pay money for that ? I think I'm getting sea sick.
    LOL!! Not mine. Merely illustrating grounds for divorce - Exhibit A
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Those tiles with that counter top. PLEASE GOD WHY WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    No gas range.

Really?

What is this the 90's

i feel like the electrical outlet should be angled to match the tile. it would bring everything together

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    The lesson confirms 2 of my 3 keys to happiness: 1. low expectations; 2. low overhead
    I agree and my 3rd is always make the other person feel appreciated and acknowledge any effort they make. A simple "you're the best my love" works like a charm

4th is stay loyal no matter what.

I represented a long-time family law attorney in a bar disciplinary matter* who said that, in her experience, the thing that triggered the most divorces was a home remodeling project.

*The disciplinary proceeding and my representation are matters of public record, so I am free to disclose this.
    Back when I had my kitchen and bath showroom, I considered myself a defacto marriage counselor, I was actually very good at it.
    The above abortion would never happen under my guidance.

LOL!! Not mine. Merely illustrating grounds for divorce - Exhibit A
    Good, I was thinking someone with that kitchen should never give advice about women's gifts.

Looks like they divorced before choosing the cabinet hardware.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Is that a stove from a van? Looks mini.

I represented a long-time family law attorney in a bar disciplinary matter* who said that, in her experience, the thing that triggered the most divorces was a home remodeling project.

*The disciplinary proceeding and my representation are matters of public record, so I am free to disclose this.
    Buying or building a second home seems to do it too. There have been several in my little neighborhood within a year of buying or building. We have survived multiple remodeling/add on projects, somehow.

So where do we start?

I can do better picking materials stoned to the bone than whoever decided to do this kitchen

off the shelf home depot cabinets, no pulls? stainless is out

the backsplash whoa, subway tile is in these days but man is it getting old? WTF white? were they drunk? The last herringboner backsplash we did was custom hand built by mexican glass tiles, onlyl cost about 5k, I'll have to find a picture

someone is proud of that kitchen, and the photo is an example of why you need to hiring a designer, not your fat ugly wife who flips through pintrest, the designer I like to work with the most is tall blonde and smoking hot, I always have wood after meeting with her, usually when we have a meeting scheudled I wear super tight tighty whities so shit doesn't pop out, too bad she doesn't like short bald chubby men like myself

Have you reached out to Marissa Tomei?

Just keep pushing the envelope.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Just keep pushing the envelope.
    thats how you end up divorced

I didn't read through the thread but the reality to making a marriage work is to never have a reason to argue about money. That said I have no idea how we've pulled it off for almost 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    thats how you end up divorced
    It was just a dopey Seinfeld reference. Georges' fiance dies from licking toxic glue on the cheap envelopes...ba dum dum.