Liner booster strap

Here's a question for the boot gurus out there... Just got a pair of zipfits. Love them. Fit is great. Heel hold is tight. Does the booster strap serve any functionality, though? I've been wearing my boots for the past 3 nights getting the cork material to flow to all the right places. And when putting on the zipfits and then the boot shells, the booster strap on the zipfits just makes everything super fiddly to pull on and off, and also makes the top cuff really bulky. I got so annoyed that I pulled the booster straps off and haven't noticed any appreciable difference, given the boot shells themselves have their own booster strap. Any opinions?

P.S., As an interesting aside, I ended up also pulling out the laces on the zipfits. The fit on my boot shells are quite aggressive, and it turns out the laces were adding just enough volume to cause slight hotspots around the metatarsals. I've noticed a tiny bit of slop without the laces, but at this point I'm willing to trade a little slop for comfy, pain-free feet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Depends how hard you ski. But with the comment you're "willing to trade a little slop for comfy, pain-free feet" makes me think with your skiing you wont notice a difference.

I like the Velcro strap (it's not a Booster) on my zipfits. I have chicken legs and it helps snug everything up, for me.
    I also like the laces for the same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can always add straps and laces later when they break in a bit
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

it is an option: if you need the strap and laces, you can use them. If its better for you wtihout, great, dont use them.

Great, thanks for all the info. Just need snow now!

I agree with mtnlion, if you don’t need them you don’t need them. I’ve always used both personally and it would be cool if I didn’t have to. For me it’s hard to get the liner with my foot inside in the shell without using the above mentioned tension accessories.

I used the laces on mine but not the strap. Second lemonheads comment that it was easier to get them in the boot with something holding the liner onto your foot/leg.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    I used the laces on mine but not the strap. Second lemonheads comment that it was easier to get them in the boot with something holding the liner onto your foot/leg.
    With the laces and strap, I was putting on the zipfits and then stepping into the boot shells, probably like everyone else here.

Without the laces and strap, it was easier to put the zipfit into the boot, and then step into whole thing, analogous to what I was doing with the old stock liner.

With the atmospheric river hitting now, hopefully the PNW will have some nice mid-winter like coverage starting off in thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra_cement View Post
    With the laces and strap, I was putting on the zipfits and then stepping into the boot shells, probably like everyone else here.
    That's how you're expected to do it, the ZipFit is made to be worn/used that way.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra_cement View Post
    Without the laces and strap, it was easier to put the zipfit into the boot, and then step into whole thing, analogous to what I was doing with the old stock liner.
    And when you shove your ankle & heel down past the corkflo pouches, you move the flo and the fit is not as good.

That's why you leave the liner on your foot for both entering the shell and exiting it.

It's finicky, it's time-consuming, but nothing gives the same heel/ankle hold. I've been using Intuitions the past 3 seasons after 6 seasons in ZipFits, and while the boot's way easier to put on with Intuitions, the heel/ankle hold doesn't compare.

I understand why you don't like the lace + strap, I think that's why some sneakers had velcro straps in the late 80s. Also, I don't really miss exiting my old boots w/ZipFits at the end of a long day with cold shells. Solution: go drink a beer at the bar, shells soften, easy exit.

When I had ZipFits, I always warmed my truck before the 30 min drive to the hill, and put the ZipFits in the passenger footwell, throats facing the truck's heat exhaust duct, for the drive up. At the hill, my feet went into warm corkflo, pretty damned nice way to start the day. Obviously the shells should be warm too, don't put them into a cold vehicle for them to get unflexible. From home warmth to vehicle interior warmth to parking lot foot installation.

The heated boot bag apparently is the shit for the zipfit liner
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Agreed that heat + zipfits is much better than the cold parking lot.