Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Waffle waffle waffle.

Dynafit's fallen by the way side over the last few years in the market they made - other brand's are taking their lunch money in the NA market. Beast/Kehion - fail, beast-radical 2.0 - dumb, TLT7 - meh 2.0. If they want to earn back their reputation it's gonna take more than lip service from a well renowned meadow skipper. We will start to see on NOv 9th, but that last post was more about LD beating his chest (and Dynafit's) than anything else.

Amer, Tecnica, Marker, and others are simultaneously working on disruptive products. They also cost less, and seem to be disruptive for folks outside the Selawa circle jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Waffle waffle waffle.

Dynafit's fallen by the way side over the last few years in the market they made - other brand's are taking their lunch money in the NA market. Beast/Kehion - fail, beast-radical 2.0 - dumb, TLT7 - meh 2.0. If they want to earn back their reputation it's gonna take more than lip service from a well renowned meadow skipper. We will start to see on NOv 9th, but that last post was more about LD beating his chest (and Dynafit's) than anything else.

Amer, Tecnica, Marker, and others are simultaneously working on disruptive products. They also cost less, and seem to be disruptive for folks outside the Selawa circle jerk.
    Lou is the dynafit fluffer extraordinaire.

Dumping the Vulcan was beyond stupid.

Waffle waffle waffle.

Not a big fan of Khion/Beast. Radical 2.0 and TLT7 - couldn't agree more on the meh. Dynafit managed to piss away a significant lead pretty quickly. Let's see what they've got

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post

Dumping the Vulcan was beyond stupid.
    They didn't dump the Vulcan. I believe Dynafit Europe was looking to dump it. So many people (all of you, me, many others) said it was a stupid idea. I like to think we had some small voice on that

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Not a big fan of Khion/Beast. Radical 2.0 and TLT7 - couldn't agree more on the meh. Dynafit managed to piss away a significant lead pretty quickly. Let's see what they've got.
    ^^^ This (while also still curious).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Not a big fan of Khion/Beast. Radical 2.0 and TLT7 - couldn't agree more on the meh. Dynafit managed to piss away a significant lead pretty quickly. Let's see what they've got
    I seem to remeber reading that in yurp they don't think much of the Vulcan?

In any case due to many years of solid performance by the Vertical we forgot about the tri step toe and Dynafit gained a lot of cred, which they have been slowly pissing away with a steady stream of misteaks

don't get me started on the Rad1 heelpiece

I seen Shimano piss away a big advantage at 2004 interbike where they were pushing rapid rise, in the spring almost every bike showed up spec'd with SRAM and it was good stuff but I would say Shimano has recovered so its not impossible
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Beast bindings were at least a solid effort. Unfortunately they went for first to market, instead of patiently developing the best product possible. And it came with and iPhone X price tag and a metal thing you had to screw into the back of your boot.

It seems to me that Dynafit has been emphasizing how their products look for quite some time. And their core market doesn't give a shit. Scarpa, by comparison, creates ugly-ass products that cost less with better liners. The Maestrale RS is now on it's fourth version (the original had 3 different walk modes) each better than the last. Dynafit dropped the excellent Mercury and (sort of) Vulcan for a cool looking, terrible boot. Yet they kept selling the flawed Radical 1.0 without improvement until they replaced it with the Speedfit, which reverts to fixed vertical release to save very few ounces and has a futuristic look.

SSL 2.0 is good though.

Fritchi Vipec Evo 580 grams/ $680 c.a.d. at MEC (with brakes)
    Dynafit Radical FT 2.0 600 grams/ $630 c.a.d. at MEC

If I was buying new, I think the laterally releasing toe with elasticity is worth the extra canadian pesos.

For the rad series I think Dynafit should throw the baby out with the bathwater. Introduce a backward compatible 2.0 wide pin spacing heel piece (beast binding-like screw on metal attachment?), laterally releasing toe, and price competitively to get back into the game for the non super lighty touring binders.

The questionable complexity/weight/price creep of the rad series have kept them off my radar for potential purchases, specially now with the new refined Vipec Evo on the option block.
    Last edited by swissiphic; 10-24-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Fritchi Vipec Evo 580 grams/ $680 c.a.d. at MEC (with brakes)
    Dynafit Radical FT 2.0 600 grams/ $630 c.a.d. at MEC

If I was buying new, I think the laterally releasing toe with elasticity is worth the extra canadian pesos.

For the rad series I think Dynafit should throw the baby out with the bathwater. Introduce a backward compatible 2.0 wide pin spacing heel piece (beast binding-like screw on metal attachment?), laterally releasing toe, and price competitively to get back into the game for the non super lighty touring binders.

The questionable complexity/weight/price creep of the rad series have kept them off my radar for potential purchases, specially now with the new refined Vipec Evo on the option block.
    You know I agree wrt to Evo/Vipec.

I still use the Dynafit Comfort for a 100% dedicated touring lightish setup and have spare toes and heels. I have a Dynafit Vertical complete spare binding. And I'm not the only one with those vintage bindings around.

Now there's Ion if you want no heel gap; and for simplicity that cracker-awesome simple Salomon Mtn Tech binding around with brakes that actually work. Way more choices and competition for Dynafit

You know I agree wrt to Evo/Vipec.

I still use the Dynafit Comfort for a 100% dedicated touring lightish setup and have spare toes and heels. I have a Dynafit Vertical complete spare binding. And I'm not the only one with those vintage bindings around.
    I'm still on the riding the old workhorse program...two sets of vertical st's just chugging along nicely. Got two more sets of tourlite tech binders prit near 20 years old, still chugging along...maybe a bit less nicely but getting the job done. A bit of rocking on the heel post in heelpieces, but I've always enjoyed a bit of vertical elasticity.

Anyway, lookin' forward to dissemination of info on the new Hoji boot...I wish he had input into the design of the earlier Dynafit boots like the Tlt 4S and All Terrain...and to think we used to pound moguls in those rubber galoshes...
    Last edited by swissiphic; 10-24-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Red.
    Red???? RED? Are you fucking kidding me? These new boots are going to be RED??? FUCK.

Red will not match ANY my new kit. This is a fucking travesty.

Now I need to contact all my spancers and demand a warranty exchange on all the colours for my gear.

Who the fuck picked RED?

Waffle waffle waffle.

Clearly Dynafit lack basic insight into the needs and taste of the North American market, but I presume they’re doing fine catering to Lycra clad Euros and have decided we don’t matter. It’d take at least an unconditional lifetime warranty for me to risk buying another pair of their bindings (and still probably not) but somehow I’m still holding out for a miracle between either Hoji’s boot, or the equally mythical DPS boot.

Meh, plenty of other highly capable, competitively priced boots on the market. If this boot flounders there are plenty of others actively pushing the market improving the field on an annual basis.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Clearly Dynafit lack basic insight into the needs and taste of the North American market, but I presume they’re doing fine catering to Lycra clad Euros and have decided we don’t matter.
    I'm gonna guess (1) the US market is a small % of Dynafit's overall sales, and (2) Dynafit's aware that the USA is a trendy place where this year's fad is next year's dustbin. Might say the Beast binding was their attempt at ignoring (2) while catering to (1) and finding it was a poor strategic choice.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    I'm gonna guess (1) the US market is a small % of Dynafit's overall sales, and (2) Dynafit's aware that the USA is a trendy place where this year's fad is next year's dustbin. Might say the Beast binding was their attempt at ignoring (2) while catering to (1) and finding it was a poor strategic choice.
    Add to that the piles of unsold Hokkaido/Chugachs flying around for $300.

Meh, plenty of other highly capable, competitively priced boots on the market. If this boot flounders there are plenty of others actively pushing the market improving the field on an annual basis.
    not if they don't fit which is why we want lots of mfgers makijng a big boot

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Add to that the piles of unsold Hokkaido/Chugachs flying around for $300.
    What's wrong with those skis, anything?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Nothing really -- but they are heavy by touring ski standards and not really standouts in any particular way.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    If you like Renegades/Devestators/Other full rocker skis? Nothing. If your looking for your Dynafit branded setup to be competitively light for its weight class? Everything.

From Dynafits instagram story one hour ago. Looks like Hoji is starting a new modelling career.

Name:  Frankenboot1.JPG
Views: 2203
Size:  31.1 KB
    Name:  Frankenboot2.JPG
Views: 2175
Size:  35.3 KB

The snow flakes don't come off until the 8th

White?!

Unskiable.

they are gona make yer ass look big

Dynafit HOJI unicorn boot -

At least they match my throwback iPod

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frankenboot3.JPG 
Views:	321 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	215438
    So basically the frankenboot that Hoji asked TGR not to talk about last year was the finished product it seems like. Looks very similar.

^^seems to be. Strap across instep at the pivot point, walk mode similar to Atomic Backland.
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence