Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    NM I remembered how scetchy khions got are after a week of skiing because of the shitty liners. Heel hold ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Maybe heel hold is not that critical on light touring setups compared to a heavy resort setup.
    Nah, blisters are real with a shitty heel fit.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Angry

What did I said was done entirely by accident??

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think Dynafit got the Vulcan SO right entirely by accident, one of them yurpean guys ( Fede ?) said it was not well thot of over there, the vertical may have been an accident too

The tri step toe, the exploding rad heel piece, the Khion, the beast ... all dogs

There is no way EH had carte blanche to design that boot,

What he did get was some work

Quote Originally Posted by Federico View Post
    Uh oh, the maestro's back, here to sort out us mortals :-)

Tell us about your new boot and why it's the best ever. In the Zero G thread of course.

" I think Dynafit got the Vulcan SO right entirely by accident, one of them yurpean guys ( Fede ?) said it was not well thot of over there, the vertical may have been an accident too "

you did say on line the Vulcan was not a well thot of boot over there in Yurp, If that is incorrect and you did not say that i apologize for mis-quoting you

My assertions that Dynafit seems to get things right by accident including the vertical, seemingly at random is my own opinion, not sure how those got stuck together ... poor post writing/ editing on my part
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You have to wonder if Federico had any input on the Zero G Tour Pro . . .

This boot doesn't fit the Salomon Shift bindings, you can't use proper crampons etc. According to dynafit, you can't even use eg the kingpin bindings. You should use dynafit bindings.. and they have none that ski well..

There are so many things that are "off" with this boot that it wont even be considered by lots of people. We had a discussion about this in my crew. Noone wanted dynafit crampons, swap to dynafit bindings without alpine style heel etc etc.

What were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    NM I remembered how scetchy khions got are after a week of skiing because of the shitty liners. Heel hold ftw.
    Yeah, the liner is rubbish. There is a well known store in Chamonix who refuse to sell dynafit boots with standard liner. They are all swapped for intuition liners in store.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    This boot doesn't fit the Salomon Shift bindings, you can't use proper crampons etc. According to dynafit, you can't even use eg the kingpin bindings. You should use dynafit bindings.. and they have none that ski well..

There are so many things that are "off" with this boot that it wont even be considered by lots of people. We had a discussion about this in my crew. Noone wanted dynafit crampons, swap to dynafit bindings without alpine style heel etc etc.

What were they thinking?
    I have it on pretty good authority, skiing with some aquaintences of Hoji in Norway this year, that next year there will be a freeride verson with toe and heel welts for full binding compatibility. The present snub nose is a Dynafit addition to the design.

That instagram picture pretty much shows it, but I have also heard it's going in that direction.

Looks like Im skiing on my Nordica Strider Pros and Dukes/maybe Shifts for another year. Cant wait to have the ultimate one boot/binding/ski quiver when they figure out the details of this boot and inevitably beef up the Shift ...
    Last edited by skiwithcharlie; 07-28-2018 at 09:57 PM.

It’s been 6 years since Dynafit hasn’t done something really dumb to a good idea. It will take more than a grainy photo of a pro skier with a boot I can’t buy to get any hope of this not being produced as a dumpster fire.

Meanwhile, pretty much every other boot manufacturer has furthered the quality, and options in the tourin boot market.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    It’s been 6 years since Dynafit hasn’t done something really dumb to a good idea. It will take more than a grainy photo of a pro skier with a boot I can’t buy to get any hope of this not being produced as a dumpster fire.

Meanwhile, pretty much every other boot manufacturer has furthered the quality, and options in the tourin boot market.
    QFT

^X2.

I feel like everything dynafit has dramatically reduced in quality in the last half dozen yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

in the big boot category I would agree atomic/technic/dalbello all the other mfgers have upped their game and the last good Dynafit big boot was the Vulcan, but there are a whole bunch of other kinds of boots and touring besides the "freeride" categorey, also North America is a small market numbers wise, about the size of an EU country so Dynafit seems to give < a fuck about what we think and I really think Dynafit sometimes gets it right by mistake .

I don't believe Hoji would design that boot as it was released, I don't think he had carte blanche on the final product

edit: it will be interesting to see if this latest rumor becomes a reality
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-29-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Scarpa F1 and Alien RS, Atomic Backland and backland Ultimate, Arx’teryx/Salomon boot.

Or TLT7

Yeah, dynafit doesn't give a fuck about NA. They just want to stick to the bread and butter euro tourer.

But with weight's and walking ranges on current freeride offering eating into their "touring" category they might get the rug pulled out from under them.

What was "freeride" will become "touring" and every euro punter will enjoy a supportive boot to go with their tight softshell pants. That's my theory, but euro tourers don't think like me, I'm fuckin' Murikan!

Probably for the best.

Scarpa F1 and Alien RS, Atomic Backland and backland Ultimate, Arx’teryx/Salomon boot.

Or TLT7
    And in the "heavier" category Atomic HawX, Tecnica ZeroG

Man... I managed Dynafit ski boot line from 2006 till 2012. In 6 years we took it from virtually Zero sales to Market leader of the Touring and Freeridetouring segment. Beside the numbers we introduced two new construction types that everybody since then just "copied" or "improved". That obviously wasn't done by any accident and I find it very offensive some keyboard ski boots masters believe so!.
    I have no control or any knowledge of what happened after 2012 since I left the company so I can't express any opinion ;-)

I guess a while ago I was telling that Vulcan was "by accident" too stiff or something like that to push people trying the Mercury as it was a more well balanced boot for the most of skiers at that time.
    Vulcan/Mercury wasn't made by any accident, it's a very obvious derivation from the TLT5 series which was launched 2 years before. Just slightly thicker plastic, no flexing toe, roomier fit and one additional buckle!
    Shell lines and graphics designed by Manuel Bottazzo shell developement and molds design made 100% from Mario Sartor and his developement team.
    I signed Hoji first consulting contract for Dynafit at that time as I really liked him when I met him in Whistler a few months before for his open midness and willingness to be part of the next evolution of the sport and because his ideas were 100% matching with mine. He helped validating the concept we were planning to make and testing the early protos which were tested by a friend of him as the developement size wasn't fitting him. All the rest was part of the launch story ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    " I think Dynafit got the Vulcan SO right entirely by accident, one of them yurpean guys ( Fede ?) said it was not well thot of over there, the vertical may have been an accident too "

you did say on line the Vulcan was not a well thot of boot over there in Yurp, If that is incorrect and you did not say that i apologize for mis-quoting you

My assertions that Dynafit seems to get things right by accident including the vertical, seemingly at random is my own opinion, not sure how those got stuck together ... poor post writing/ editing on my part

Man... I managed Dynafit ski boot line from 2006 till 2012. In 6 years we took it from virtually Zero sales to Market leader of the Touring and Freeridetouring segment. Beside the numbers we introduced two new construction types that everybody since then just "copied" or "improved". That obviously wasn't done by any accident and I find it very offensive some keyboard ski boots masters believe so!.
    I have no control or any knowledge of what happened after 2012 since I left the company so I can't express any opinion ;-)

I guess a while ago I was telling that Vulcan was "by accident" too stiff or something like that to push people trying the Mercury as it was a more well balanced boot for the most of skiers at that time.
    Vulcan/Mercury wasn't made by any accident, it's a very obvious derivation from the TLT5 series which was launched 2 years before. Just slightly thicker plastic, no flexing toe, roomier fit and one additional buckle!
    Shell lines and graphics designed by Manuel Bottazzo shell developement and molds design made 100% from Mario Sartor and his developement team.
    I signed Hoji first consulting contract for Dynafit at that time as I really liked him when I met him in Whistler a few months before for his open midness and willingness to be part of the next evolution of the sport and because his ideas were 100% matching with mine. He helped validating the concept we were planning to make and testing the early protos which were tested by a friend of him as the developement size wasn't fitting him. All the rest was part of the launch story ;-)
    Thanks for chiming in here. There are quite a few of us keyboard warriors who still use the Vulcan, as its performance is still quite relevant. Pretty solid engineering achievement.

Interesting note that Hoji didn't ski the prototype boot himself!

I don’t think anyone is questioning the impact or validity from the TLT5/6, or Vulcan/Mercury. Those four boots are still to this day the benchmark pretty much every new boot is compared too. All my touring boot evaluations from the last four years generally reference one or more of them. Since then however? A bunch of lost in the sauce products with minimal direction or confused intent.

I guess many of us keyboard skiers wish Dynafit had retained you, but then we wouldn’t have gotten Arc’teryx footwear, or the new Tecnica hiking boot and whatever else you have stuck your mind into.

I guess a while ago I was telling that Vulcan was "by accident" too stiff or something like that to push people trying the Mercury as it was a more well balanced boot for the most of skiers at that time. )
    So Dynafit gets the touring/freeride boot right betweeen 2006 and 2012, there are a lot of Fanboys here, your TLT/ONE/Mercury/Vulcan boots are loved by all myself included, I had the mercury and then bought the Vulcan

So what has Dynafit done since you left, no need to comment ... The winky emoticon is duly noted

but from an overall perspective Dynafit have been making skis & bindings over a much longer time frame and so there is much more to get right than the boots in those 6 years

And, they are up on ExpertVoices. Ordering today, who knows if I will have "proform" tomorrow.

I don’t see any bindings or boots on ExpertVoice

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear