Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Also, the TLT8 carbon at 990ish grams:

Attachment 252332
    Ratchet buckles? How very early 2000s Scarpa of them. I hate ratchet buckles because its so hard to eyeball the exact setting each time.

So the weight is identical to the TLT7 Carbio, and the tongue looks the same (not removable). Wonder how the fit is.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Ratchet buckles? How very early 2000s Scarpa of them. I hate ratchet buckles because its so hard to eyeball the exact setting each time.

So the weight is identical to the TLT7 Carbio, and the tongue looks the same (not removable). Wonder how the fit is.
    I was reading the tongue IF IT IS removable it's a system kinda like the atomic backland boot with you pressing the dynafit logo to release the tongue.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Now there we go! Although having it at 1550 puts them on the heavy side of current 130 flex AT boots...there is going to be a whole lot of unsold Hoji's 1st gen
    I can already read the Wildsnow review now. Whereas the ZeroG was far too heavy to tour with at over 1500g, I'm sure the Dynafit boot will be "a respectably light weight for a boot in this class, and a very capable touring boot".

talking to a Dynafit dealer bud last nite who tells me the Hoji is selling well

We get into a discussion real quick where I point out the shark nose is ok on a rando boot but fucking stupid on a freeride boot due to multiple compatibility issues so buddy sez its not really an issue

but then he admits has already had a customer he probably could have sold a Hoji to but it won't fit in the binding he sold the guy last year

AND I point out if shark nose wasn't stupid then why are they gona put a real toe on the boot?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I can already read the Wildsnow review now. Whereas the ZeroG was far too heavy to tour with at over 1500g, I'm sure the Dynafit boot will be "a respectably light weight for a boot in this class, and a very capable touring boot".
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

So true, WS loves the dynafit koolaid
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Some interesting details on the forthcoming Hoji Free boot in this interview over at Blister.

https://blisterreview.com/featured/h...renegade-ep-29
    Master of mediocrity.

Thanks for the link. Lots of interesting insight on a lot of fronts, not just the boot.

Anyone have and a/b in store forward flex comparo between the pro tour and the softer px? Pro tour was too stiff for my preferences, wondering how much softer the px is and if it collapses or just simply flexes softer. Heard that it should be similar in lateral and rear support.
    Master of mediocrity.

Trying to help fit a woman in a pair of Hoji Pro Tour tonight and the upper cuff was too tight on her lower leg / calf with all the adjustments wide open. Switching to downhill mode with the lock was like trying to move a 500 pound bolder with a pry bar. Once engaged she loved the flex but the boot was essentially a tourniquet. Even a heat mold won't close this gap as she tried it with baked liners. Anyone else having fit challenges in the lower leg?

Anyone know it would be possible to retrofit a longer cable from a size 30.0 into the 24.5 she was trying on?

Quote Originally Posted by wantriot View Post
    Trying to help fit a woman in a pair of Hoji Pro Tour tonight and the upper cuff was too tight on her lower leg / calf with all the adjustments wide open. Switching to downhill mode with the lock was like trying to move a 500 pound bolder with a pry bar. Once engaged she loved the flex but the boot was essentially a tourniquet. Even a heat mold won't close this gap as she tried it with baked liners. Anyone else having fit challenges in the lower leg?

Anyone know it would be possible to retrofit a longer cable from a size 30.0 into the 24.5 she was trying on?
    My calf isn’t huge by any stretch, but this boot was on the most open settings to fit. Needles to say Hoji doesn’t have much in the way of calf muscles?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Needles to say Hoji doesn’t have much in the way of calf muscles?
    he doesnt tiptoe much, apparently.

So my wife has this issue. The problem is even with a longer cable, the boot still won't really fit right in the heel unless her calf, Achilles, and heel can all touch the shell simultaneously. Likely, you'll need to get her into a boot that works better for her calf size and potentially stretch the upper shell.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Beast compatible?

Apparently The labels that Come with The hoji boot says it is beast compatible without power insert. Confusing?

Quote Originally Posted by m2d21b View Post
    Apparently The labels that Come with The hoji boot says it is beast compatible without power insert. Confusing?
    Correct. any boots with the Dynafit "Master Step" heel insert will be that way. it is just a stronger attachment system for the insert within the boot.

yeah I met a woman who made the same complaint about her Hoji's altho she was fairly ripped muscle wise
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    Correct. any boots with the Dynafit "Master Step" heel insert will be that way. it is just a stronger attachment system for the insert within the boot.
    Yeah exactly, however according to people in The thread when they've asked dynafit they said No it Will not work.

The whole beast compatibility issue turned me away from the hoji boot. Sure, the beast is dead. But there are people out there with skis mounted with them who presumably don’t want to get new bindings for existing skis... like me! In hojis blister podcast last summer, he even talked up the beast 14. The beast 14 + big ski + hoji free is a logical combo.

The horseshoes definitely don’t fit on the hoji boot since there’s no external screw. With supposed label mentioned above, maybe the new master fit is strong enough to just work with a beast on its own - sans any horseshoe?

Confusing for sure. And moot for me as I went ahead with zero g pros. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    The whole beast compatibility issue turned me away from the hoji boot. Sure, the beast is dead. But there are people out there with skis mounted with them who presumably don’t want to get new bindings for existing skis... like me! In hojis blister podcast last summer, he even talked up the beast 14. The beast 14 + big ski + hoji free is a logical combo.

The horseshoes definitely don’t fit on the hoji boot since there’s no external screw. With supposed label mentioned above, maybe the new master fit is strong enough to just work with a beast on its own - sans any horseshoe?

Confusing for sure. And moot for me as I went ahead with zero g pros. Oh well.
    So I just got my Hoji Free boots in the mail. I'd been holding off on getting the Hoji boot until the Free came out due to the binding and crampon compatibility. I have 2 pairs of skis with beasts that I'd like to keep using.

I had kind of assumed that the free might be able to work with the Beasts with a power insert but I can see the issue the new Master Step insert now. Both the Hoji Pro and Hoji free appear to have the Master Step light which has the internal screw and two pegs.

Interestingly, Dynafit does still have the Beast/Khion boot on their website. This appears to have the Master Step "heavy" insert which has the internal screw and 4 pegs. The other difference is this insert extends all the way to the lip of the heel as well as has two vertical grooves to accommodate the different non-circular shape of the Beast heel pins when stepping into the binding.

You can see the difference in these inserts on skimo.com that sells both of them: https://skimo.co/dynafit-boot-inserts

So now I'm debating on whether to mod the Hoji Free to work with my Beast setups or just biting the bullet and buying different heel pieces ( possibly Plum Yak 14s heels to pair with the Beast 14/Radical 2.0 toe pieces).
    To modify it, what I'm considering is buying a set of Beast/Khion heel inserts from skimo.com and use a dremel to cut a notch in the heel and drill two holes for the additional pegs. This looks like it could be done relatively cleanly to get the same heel as the Beast boot. With the same internal anchor screw the insert should be plenty strong.

Has anyone else considered this or found another way to use the Hoji boot with the Beast binding?

Thank you for reminding me why to stay away from dynafit gear. yeesh.

Yes. Thanks for the reminder that dynafit completely dropped off my most wanted list for a reason. I know competition isn’t always great for those who had the advantage but it’s been good for the end user.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I mean, it's an awesome boot design and probably worth it. I just wish Dynafit wouldn't be like the mountain bike industry and keep coming out with products that aren't compatible with their own products from two years ago.

that very much makes it not an awesome boot design. That makes it a boot design with interesting components but which treats potential customers with condescension and disdain. I don't need to keep my "pants down always" that badly.

What I don't get is why Dynafit added the DIN sole and toe welt to the Free, which makes it compatible with many other non-Dynafit bindings, yet they don't make it compatible with their own freeride tech binding

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    What I don't get is why Dynafit added the DIN sole and toe welt to the Free, which makes it compatible with many other non-Dynafit bindings, yet they don't make it compatible with their own freeride tech binding
    Because the beast is dead; it’s no longer part of their binding offering.