Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Because the beast is dead; it’s no longer part of their binding offering.
    Dead is such a harsh word

We would instead say

" The product had gone Sunset "

Did beast ever really have much traction in the market, did they sell many?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The beast is a strange tale of product development. Only other binding I can think of that expects many end users to modify their boots is CAST. I Agree that it is unfortunate for their clientele that they would so quickly pretend their products no longer exist and it doesn't seem outlandish that they retain the older but functional master step.

Hoji free certainly has merits though, especially if the liner either doesn't suck or is a more similar wight to an intuition. Is anyone able to comment on the more salient features of the lock system and if it truly does have less deformation around the pivots than the competition? I know wildsnow was stoked on this but curious how noticeable it is vs the competition. It's not like it is a notable characteristic of my XTDs. Are the mating rails a big deal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6H8kjtITno

I an definitely intrigued by this boot.

I tried a hoji free on today a size 26 which is 2 sizes too big, so it was just about the range of motion, cranked all the buckles down right undo the buckle at the back and the range of motion was truly impressive.

For me I kinda doubt they will make this in a 24 and the Vulcans are still fine but I was impressed
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know