Page 78 of 152 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3783
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
    A local shop is not going to mount skis for less than $40. Try Dave's in TC. $49 for a mount if I remember correctly.
    That's where I would go
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

I ended up going to Tahoe Daves.. $9 more than I wanted to spend, but cant really complain. A few places wanted $60, and one even $70.

10 years from now, mounts will be $100

I got fatty powder skis mounted up. Is it even worth using them today, or will it all be tracked out before 10? Squaw or Alpine?

I need to get into touring. No more bumps for me..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I ended up going to Tahoe Daves.. $9 more than I wanted to spend, but cant really complain. A few places wanted $60, and one even $70.

I got fatty powder skis mounted up. Is it even worth using them today, or will it all be tracked out before 10? Squaw or Alpine?

Your posting at 9:30 ? says it all
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Your posting at 9:30 ? says it all
    Lol pretty much. Late start for me today. I will test out the pow skis for one run, and probably switch em out at the car.

Theres so much traffic. Is everybody going to squaw, or is this February vacationers headed home?

Lol pretty much. Late start for me today. I will test out the pow skis for one run, and probably switch em out at the car.

R U visiting and buying a lift ticket ? If so, take your time drive to Mt rose. Buy a half day.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Na I live here, pass holder. Probably going to do Mt Rose next year.

Na I live here, pass holder. Probably going to do Mt Rose next year.

Ohh OK. well from Tahoe Vista Squawpine is the obvious chose. Guess it depends on how much you wanna ski. If I were sitting where you are. I would go to squaw and kinda explore, learn your way around. It looks kinda flat light crappy now but the sun could come out at any time. Get in some runs, stop at the Bridge tender on the way back and commiserate with the locals. go beat yourself up on Head wall refine those skiing skills

I am sitting in verdi, working. so have fun for me
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Im at Alpine. I did get one powder run! I had to hike up for 2 minutes, idk what run that is. The new pow skis work well, but they are too much for the rest of the resort. Switching out for Praxis Rx.

I kinda want to head to Squaw, but dont want to take my boots off. Once my boots come off, it’s a wrap.

rose bc was popping off this morning. Buddy was a little late so not exactly a dawn patrol, but surprised by how little traffic there was. Turn out not full on return.

Not bottomless (definitely not bottomless), but some really blower turns. Wind seemed to turn around this morning and changed aspects that were holding the best snow

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    They did this before this season even started...
    Fucking jinx
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Im at Alpine. I did get one powder run! I had to hike up for 2 minutes, idk what run that is. The new pow skis work well, but they are too much for the rest of the resort. Switching out for Praxis Rx.

I kinda want to head to Squaw, but dont want to take my boots off. Once my boots come off, it’s a wrap.

Do u live in Tahoe or have a share or house there? Two totally different things although not mutually exclusive.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

^^ His parents have a place he's staying at. Said so earlier in the thread.

Tahoe Sports Hub mounts are $45 for future reference. Also, tomorrow starting at 4pm is their customer appreciation sale... 40% off everything in the store!

Best runs of year at pass this am. No wind slabs and bonded well other then some sluffing. Blowtown!!!

^^ His parents have a place he's staying at. Said so earlier in the thread.

Tahoe Sports Hub mounts are $45 for future reference. Also, tomorrow starting at 4pm is their customer appreciation sale... 40% off everything in the store!
    but who would drive from Tahoe to Truckee over 4$ ??

Just sayin
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Well, on the apron of the couloir, I found lots of facets around a crust layer, about 6-8 inches down.

It only took a couple of taps to release.
    In some areas the fracture propagated easily, in others did not propagate.
    I started hiking the couloir.
    May I ask why you kept going?

Skied Squaw this morning. Started off on Granite and it actually wasn't too crowded. First run coming from Emigrant had a minefield of covered up moguls. 2nd and 3rd run I stayed under the Granite lift and those runs had great pow turns. Headed to Headwall and it was pretty tracked out but the snow is really great over there - cold, powdery snow, love it. Classic Chute skiing very well. I was wiped from storm day yesterday so hung it up at lunch time. Snow should be great this weekend but we need at least 3+ feet of snow, lots of sharks still. Maybe next week...

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    May I ask why you kept going?
    Often, the avie conditions are there worse on the apron, which is less steep than the couloir.

The fresh snow in a steep couloir sloughs off during a storm, and often results in cleaner, less avie dangerous conditions.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

I need to get into touring. No more bumps for me..

REI will do it for 25 bucks with a membership. Haven't screwed me on 2 mounts so far
    "Some folks look for answers
    Others look for fights
    Some folks up in treetops
    Just look to see the sights"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Props to the heave patroller for not giving me shit poaching the face this am. Everyone enjoy!
    He prolly figured the damage to your skis was punishment enough 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Microcosm View Post
    REI will do it for 25 bucks with a membership. Haven't screwed me on 2 mounts so far
    That’s a good idea for the future if I have a few pairs to mount up. Thanks. I always overlook REI.

Shoreline of Tahoe used to do them for $30 for locals. They mounted probably 10 skis for me, and never had an issue. I rarely go to south lake anymore though.

I would steer clear of REI for any shop work. They mounted my skis to someone else's boots, when I pointed out that my boots didn't fit they adjusted the heel piece until mine just fit but I was at the very end of the range. I was not pleased.

Do not get your skis mounted at REI. Just because there wasn't a bullet in the chamber on your first pull doesn't mean you'll be so lucky the next time.

Made some solid pow turns today, but put some scratches in my skis. It's still very, very thin underneath, even at 9000', and the light fluff we got doesn't protect you from anything under it.

Gunbarrel was a lot of fun. Instead of being opened on a huge pow day, it opened after a bunch of settled snow and snowmaking during this cold snap, so it was completely smooth in spots and covered in firm winter snow. Moguls were still tiny since the underlying snow was hard, and it'll take a few days to scrape up big ones. Honestly it felt more like skiing CO than CA. Never skied Gunny like that, and I probably won't ever get to again.

Do not get your skis mounted at REI. Just because there wasn't a bullet in the chamber on your first pull doesn't mean you'll be so lucky the next time.
    I've had everyone from the local bro-brah shop to Granite Chief screw up my mounts before. That's why I started mounting my own, even back before jondrums made paper templates and I had to freehand everything. Can't imagine REI is any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    He prolly figured the damage to your skis was punishment enough ��
    Somebody got spoiled in Japan. This is the most snow I’ve seen all season.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I though MS 13 was on long island.
    Kony island?
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage