Page 114 of 152 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3783
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Nice lines man! Are you on tech bindings?
    Yeah, I don't have a proper alpine set up yet. My fattest boards have the beast 16s on them, so that is what I've been using. I still haven't clicked in to a set of alpine boards for 10+ years.... so I've forgotten what I've been missing. I'm not too technical, so I'm not sure I'd really notice it. I've got those beasts on 11, and they've never popped off. I know folks hate them, but they've been working for me so far. I did just pick up some usable boots, so now I just need a set up. But I guess first I'll need to get rid of a few pairs of my tele quiver. I'm not going cold turkey on freeing the heel quite yet.

I can totally relate to that story you posted... I had snow in my mouth for about a second (as you can see about a min in to the footage), but it felt like 10. I recall hucking Kodak like 10 years ago in similar conditions and not being able to get out for a few minutes... thankfully my mouth wasn't covered and I could slowly start wiggling out. My buddies watching below were wallowing in snow trying to get up to me, but they had made it about 20 feet. I guess the avalung does have a purpose.

Speaking of Kodak... Kirkwood is closing in 2 weeks? That's crazy... but I guess they usually close mid-April so that isn't too surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Gimpy brings the stoke.

Shows views and aspects that probably should not be shared with the general public
    Most of the general public will have no clue where most of those shots were and still won't bother to venture more than a few dozen yards from the skintracks on the most popular routes. Solid work, Gimpy.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Gimpy - uploads worth the wait. Can't fathom you haven't posted pics before! Keep em coming

Nice lines off the the peak!

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    From the iPhones last weekend @ Squaw:

Hell yea gimpy!

Beautiful pictures. That is earned.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Thanks - can't get up any earlier than maybe 1:30 PM. Guess it'll have to wait until tomorrow for me.
    The liftie on Chuter yesterday (1st day of spring, yo!) reckoned the Resort would prolly be closed on Thursday 'cos of storm.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

It's a new day!!!! Gimpy posted pics!!!

Damn gimpy, you've really been holding out on us! Great pics. Loving all the stoke in this thread.

Anyone have experience with junior races in Northstar? They likely to get anything off in the next couple days? We are inbound from Mammoth for the U-10 Champs Thursday - Sunday. Thursday looks like a wash out to me, but would love any local insight. I would imagine they have a better shot at running some races with the lower elevation and trees at Flatstar than Mammoth with this storm.
    He who has the most fun wins!

With forecasted high snow levels, northstar is mos def not the place to avoid the wet

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Anyone have experience with junior races in Northstar? They likely to get anything off in the next couple days? We are inbound from Mammoth for the U-10 Champs Thursday - Sunday. Thursday looks like a wash out to me, but would love any local insight. I would imagine they have a better shot at running some races with the lower elevation and trees at Flatstar than Mammoth with this storm.
    The rain should make the course real fast. Who knows what happens Thursday, Snow level will bounce up and down. Tonight is supposed to be lots of moisture, but will it be rain or snow?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1077.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	229297Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1114.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	833.1 KB 
ID:	229298Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2582.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	229299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1906.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	229300

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by telek View Post
    Yeah, I don't have a proper alpine set up yet. My fattest boards have the beast 16s on them, so that is what I've been using. I still haven't clicked in to a set of alpine boards for 10+ years.... so I've forgotten what I've been missing. I'm not too technical, so I'm not sure I'd really notice it. I've got those beasts on 11, and they've never popped off.
    I use the beasts for my BC setup, and they feel pretty dang bomber. Still don't quite feel the same in my touring setup as on downhill boards though.

Quote Originally Posted by telek View Post
    I can totally relate to that story you posted... I had snow in my mouth for about a second (as you can see about a min in to the footage), but it felt like 10. I recall hucking Kodak like 10 years ago in similar conditions and not being able to get out for a few minutes... thankfully my mouth wasn't covered and I could slowly start wiggling out. My buddies watching below were wallowing in snow trying to get up to me, but they had made it about 20 feet. I guess the avalung does have a purpose.
    Happened to a bunch of folks last weekend. I talked to patrol and they said they had 3 burials underneath the fingers on Saturday, had to close them because they were tired of the close calls. Gnarly, but hope we get more deep snow like that!

Gimpy, you’re crushing it with the stoke!

Heard the gasx going off on Echo about an hour ago, suspect to mitigate wet slides, Emerald bay is closed due to one right now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29495780_10211069023782940_6390199029006860288_o.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	372.1 KB 
ID:	229318

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    With forecasted high snow levels, northstar is mos def not the place to avoid the wet
    I realize that. I'm trying to set Mini Comish's expectations to avoid melt downs when/if races get cancelled. The little bugger is pretty fired up! So trying to understand how successful they are at pulling these things off in inclement weather. Mammoth would likely be completely shut down for racing b/c of wind, snow, vis since its so much higher. I'm thinking tomorrow is cancelled, but likely to run something on Fri, Sat, and Sun?

Hopefully I will get some pow turns in between races. Looking sloppy...
    He who has the most fun wins!

pretty damn fun at kirkwood sun-mon, I dont get line envy very often but those tracks in the cirque sunday afternoon had me drooling!
    Props to whoever put those bomb holes in under heart chute as well!
    Sadly our meeting yesterday confirmed closing on the 8th... theres a tiny chance they will run a few lifts the following weekend but with nothing open in the village

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    Sadly our meeting yesterday confirmed closing on the 8th... theres a tiny chance they will run a few lifts the following weekend but with nothing open in the village
    well if i can't get a latte why would i even go?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I'll be at Northstar for the U10 championships too. I just got off the phone from the head U10 coach at Squaw. She says it's likely Thursday will be a rain out so they will go with Option 2 and have all 4 races on Sat and Sun.

The Far West U14 championships are this weekend at Mammoth and last I heard they were still a go. That'll be real fun for the parents figuring it all out...

Mammoth would likely be completely shut down for racing b/c of wind, snow, vis since its so much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    OMG y’all hammered RL

Glad you figured out the pics, Gimpy.

Great stuff, I needed that!

Anyone have a sense on how crowded it'll be at Squaw on Friday with the NASTAR championships going on? Esp if upper mountain isn't open much. Wondering if it's better to do Alpine to avoid the crowds...

NASTAR is off Goldcoast FWIW. I have no idea if there's a backup plan if upper mtn closed. I doubt it will be crowded. OTOH Alpine is always less crowded, unless SV is closed for body search. With snowline near 7k forecast lower mtn at SV not likely to be great and Alpine has a better chance of opening terrain based on previous storms this season. I have it from a reliable source that there have been layoffs in lift ops at Squaw this season. No idea if they've hired anyone back.