Page 110 of 152 FirstFirst ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 3783
    Yeah, today was amazing. I am so so so so so so thankful my wife agreed to handle two twin 2 years olds this weekend!!! I am literally beaming right now. My days the past ~2-years have been selective and more Eastside spring focused, but I couldn’t ask for anything better than today.

Here is another (we likely have like 50+ pictures like this in our group). Mike is skier, photo me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4267.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	228682

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    This thread needs more fucking STOKE!!!
    If you're gonna post like that...
    come back more often!

toke stoke stoke... where did I leave my stoke. all I have are stills from video.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    The singles line almost made it to the sun deck of Winters Lodge.
    Overall today met my expectations. That it would be insanely crowded and that after skiing til 4:00 yesterday while it was nuking snow all day, that I would be over it fast. Back at home safely and got one great run.
    Well I'll bring some STOKE. Slide side at rose skied all time today. Tits fucking deep to open where it was blown in. Three runs linking fresh turns but the first was one of the deepest runs I've ever hit. Once it was tracked out it was so damn deep it was still soft. Deepest day I've had in my five years at rose.

But yeah, it went fast

KW was pretty damn empty today. Skied with the kiddo, so was not chasing the fresh. 10 popped around noon and we barely saw anyone after that. Can’t imagine how amazing it must have been out there. And thanks MildBill for finding my son’s pole. He was stoked to get it back.

Was it overcast at kirkwood/cp today?

41" overnight at Squaw made KT-22 really fun today. Ski team was basically cancelled so I did another family pow day with my boys. 1 minute of the fun:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nyj...q8urlF/preview

How was the fulstone runout and does rinsed mean avy/slough? didnt learn that in AIARE...

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Well I'll bring some STOKE. Slide side at rose skied all time today. Tits fucking deep to open where it was blown in. Three runs linking fresh turns but the first was one of the deepest runs I've ever hit. Once it was tracked out it was so damn deep it was still soft. Deepest day I've had in my five years at rose.

But yeah, it went fast
    Heard the chutes never opened today? Can only imagine how deep it is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by snowsnowsnow View Post
    There is a Walmart in Carson City
    Think there are two, actually.
    The one near us had snowshovels for only $2.50. Score!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180316_185613.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	228701

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Was it overcast at kirkwood/cp today?
    yes, snowed off and on most of the day and snowed maybe an inch after lifts shut at 4pm. Vista, Fawn Ridge, and West shore area are all still pretty fresh and should be good tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASS View Post
    Need a place to camp next Friday night. I sleep n my camper shell and my buddy pitches his tent. Full dirtbag. No need for a table , fire ring , or outhouse
    Basically a turn out that we won’t get fucked with by Johnny Lawfor exercising our dirtbaggedness
    Coming up the 395
    Thanks in advance
    Tex,

if you're intending to ski west shore, I used to sleep in my car at the Taylor creek sno-park.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9328.../data=!3m1!1e3
    it's right by tallac, close enough to jakes/hidden/rubi/echo..etc. I'm guessing it's not technically allowed, but I've done it a few times, and once a cop car pulled through while I was sleeping in my car and didn't do anything. didn't talk to him, he just drove through and that was it. Maybe keep a crispy creme on your dash as a gesture of goodwill/sacrifice. Your buddy would prolly want to camp up on the snow out of site if he's in a tent. If you get there too early in the day, there still might be folks there playing in the snow, but at night no one's there, at least the 3-5 times I've done it. So, some risk, but it's one option. I'm sure if you drove around south shore you'd find many more options. If you're skiing resorts, It'd be what a 50 min drive to Kwood?, 35 min drive to Heave, maybe 50min to Squaw/alpine assuming a non snowday and not peak traffic, give or take. Are you the same Tex from the good old day's of splitboard.com?

different note- sad to hear all of the folks that got stuck in traffic. We saw some of that on our drive home on 50 Friday afternoon with all of the stopped cars going east/up the hill. We though it was maybe from Twin bridges or higher , but as we kept driving west the stopped cars going 50 east never went away until we got right near Pollock pines. Just crazy. Can't believe it was like that until 1:30am. really sorry for the folks that got f*d. It was kind of a weird reality check seeing that cause we were on our high from having all of the stars align for us (great day in the BC Thursday + got a free buddy pass for sierra Friday, with powder just getting better as the day went on and the crowd dissipated and snow got deeper, and we had slow but ok traffic when we went). But I've been on so many trips where I've been skunked too - slept on 80 once when it closed down. But I think the highs and the lows even out in the end, so hopefully you got some awesome days coming to you as payback.

Thanks Towlie. I knew the Wal Mart parking lot game.
    Not quite that dirtbag
    YET

A
    Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    I thought today was better than yesterday by a lot. Kirkwood was all time. Pali, Wall, Eagle, backside.. one of those days you don’t want to end. A bit crowded in the morning on six but really not that bad.
    But but on Thurs and Friday, it was dumping, and NEVER had to wait in a line to ski. Skied bell to bell without ever getting annoyed. The dipshit meter never got too high, except for the Heavenly approach Friday. 3 solid days for sure. Weekends are just not the same as midweek.

Skied about 3 X's the Verticle on Thursday because no peeps and no lines (kindly verified by epic mix). Mountain was spread out and Patrol opened everything very efficiently. Heavenly was on it by getting Mott opened with 3-4 feet on Friday compared to what happened to 10
    yesterday.

Edit: 10 has popped a number of times before 6 this season.
    Last edited by NakedShorts; 03-18-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

What happened to 10? I thought it was just a hold up with film crews or something shooting promotional footage for the resort.

From what I saw, there was still a ton of untracked off 6 when peeps started lining up at 10. I went to take a lap on 11 with my son, and suddenly the 10 corral emptied into 11. We went back to 6, skied right on, no line, and found more u cut snow. We cut out for lunch and 10 popped.

For anyone that wanted to ski, they could ski. Just because folks decided to sit and wait in line is their own fault. It is fucking KW. Why did anyone expect 10 to open earlier is beyond me.

The place was pretty fucking empty yesterday, as far as weekend powder days go.

Maybe you should stop skiing weekends and being part of your perceived problem.

I see them lining up already. 830 and not a powder day.

I should have hiked for 10. Instead, I wanted 1st chair and got it. Just that much better when no lines are waited in and fresh is found without much hustle. That's all. Yesterday was quality just not the same quantity as the 2 prior. I knew what I was getting into yesterday anyways, that's why I skied the other TWO and why we are doing the hot springs first and then hit the resort about 2 today with the 2 yr old. Fingers crossed for a MidWeek delivery.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

And for the record I was solo and am an EXPERT line snake. Yep, I am "that" guy too.

Well, lapping 6 gets you the most vert, so that was Friday.

Thursday is what we would call a sleeper day. A small amount of overnight fresh in between two dumps is usually the best time to ride KW.

They are lining up today, because

(1) they got at least an inch since yesterday morning, and I’m sure the snow report is calling it powder

(2) they got skunked yesterday sitting on 50, and want to be on it first thing

(3) It is a Vail resort and your average Vail passholder is a fucking idiot

(4) it just snowed 6 plus feet this week, and they are just finally getting on it, and they want to have fun.

If you want to avoid the line, just roll up at 9:05, and the line will be gone. Not a big deal. People spread out quickly at the wood when lifts are running.

You should be stoked you got Thurs. I wanted to, but could not justify taking my kid out of two days of school to his mom. The small storms and in between storms are often the best there. Way fewer people and the lifts open early for the win.

And yes, you should have hiked for 10. Or outer Pali which was completely untracked at 11AM, with a full Corral on a closed chair 10.

I believe if you have a sno park permit you can sleep in your car. I don't think you can camp next to it though.

PSA it took me an hour to get from Carson pass parking lot to the Kirkwood entrance this morning

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

as per twitter:
    Kirkwood Conditions
    @KWconditions
    Please be advised PARKING is FULL. Traffic is backed up in both directions. If you are on your way to Kirkwood keep in mind you will be turned around as you approach the resort. Parking will be reassessed @ 12:30pm. Thank you for you patience.

and looking at the webcam you can ski right onto 6&7. so the only reason kirkwood seems "empty" is because they don't have enough parking. every weekend it snows they close the road in by 10am, which if they don't do something soon is going to become 9am, then 8am and so on. its completely insane that they overbuilt a bunch of empty crimeshares where the parking used to exist. good if you get there early but shitty for everyone that gets turned away.

Quote Originally Posted by duffski View Post
    as per twitter:
    Kirkwood Conditions
    @KWconditions
    Please be advised PARKING is FULL. Traffic is backed up in both directions. If you are on your way to Kirkwood keep in mind you will be turned around as you approach the resort. Parking will be reassessed @ 12:30pm. Thank you for you patience.

and looking at the webcam you can ski right onto 6&7. so the only reason kirkwood seems "empty" is because they don't have enough parking. every weekend it snows they close the road in by 10am, which if they don't do something soon is going to become 9am, then 8am and so on. its completely insane that they overbuilt a bunch of empty crimeshares where the parking used to exist. good if you get there early but shitty for everyone that gets turned away.
    So predictable. That's what happens when it doesn't snow until March and the whole bay area decides to use their pass. I had fomo about skiing Heavenly on Friday but even if I did go I would have gone back home in Friday night or Saturday afternoon at the latest.

We finally got a bunch of snow. Way too much bitching in this thread. Having said that...

The usual slow crawl on 89 from Truckee to Squaw this morning. Some cunt rag in an Audi was blowing past everyone on the right. Fortunately I saw him coming in my rear view and had enough time to swing my car over and block his ass. WTF is wrong with these entitled shitheads? You can wait with the rest of us, douchey tech bro.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Some cunt rag in an Audi.
    What is it about certain brands of cars? Reminds me of this:

North facing still $$$ to the valley. Flail pass holders get out there and compact that shit while the window is open. Snow has settled so faster and less sluff today. The out won't last in the mid march sun but I bet it'll hold at least another day. Stability good but go w a partner. I got hung up on a snag today in wp and was glad to have my gf to help w extraction

And a friendly psa: be friendly to home owners down there n don't block their driveway w shuttle pickups, or while waiting to hitch. Especially don't shovel snow over the dry patch of driveway (yes people have done that)
    Thanx for playing