Page 64 of 152 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3783
    Well, I would think the next 2 weeks of crazy hot temps should take care of that layer where it remains in certain spots. On the other hand it’s late January and SAC had to warn about wet slides like it’s April.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

Reno and South Lake both set new record highs several degrees above the old records. In a climate region that swings from one extreme to another, this is noteworthy.
    Last edited by lepistoir; 01-31-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

carson pass stayed pretty damn good all day everywhere we skied. heading back today
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    carson pass stayed pretty damn good all day everywhere we skied. heading back today
    Where's Nacho?

18 seconds

On a totally unrelated note, my former roommate from Tahoe (still in Tahoe) was recently on The Price Is Right... on acid. Enjoy:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_price_i...ght-1-29-2018/
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Some fun little airs in there Powdork. Are those last season's Noctas you're skiing on?

Super duper blood blue red yellow sun moon semi-slack hut tour...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Some fun little airs in there Powdork. Are those last season's Noctas you're skiing on?
    yes sir. Love them

KT-22 on Saturday at Squaw. Earlier report of the conditions was spot on, wasn't exactly amazing from top to bottom but at least it was open. Might be the best snow I get for awhile
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KT-22-Ricardo-Cropped.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	332.8 KB 
ID:	222674

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Super duper blood blue red yellow sun moon semi-slack hut tour...

Fake news! There's no dry snow in Tahoe! Is that Zovals palace?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G0024936.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	222690 Picked the wrong line and had the worst run in 2 years. There's still good stuff out there. Nice after work hike anyway.

What's the magic 8 ball say for corning up soon? Those full moon shots look a little hazy overnight.

"answer unclear, ask tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Huck Pitueee View Post
    Fake news! There's no dry snow in Tahoe! Is that Zovals palace?
    I've never heard it called that, but I'm not exactly "in the know."

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

yes sir. Love them
    Cool - I’ve been thinking those Noctas could be good deep day resort skis. Just got some Anima Freebirds for my pow touring ski.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 02-01-2018 at 07:16 AM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

So how empty is Squaw normally on Superbowl Sunday?
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Is Squaw ever empty?

Just met a SC local who has a place in Truckee and skis Squaw. What a talker. He was telling me how horrible it is. Only a few runs with good coverage and thousands on those few runs. So crowded. I kept trying to interject to let him know that KW has good coverage too to bottom and has not been crowded on the slopes outside the base areas, but no chance. He just kept telling me how bad it is.

I finally asked if he was going up this weekend, and he told me they go up every weekend in the winter, cause they have season passes.

By the end of listening. To him, I realized I’d not want to share a cabin, skin track or chair lift with him, so I never let him know that my family skis as well.

I can’t imagine spending 8 plus hours in the car every weekend to go ski and feel like it sucked.

Headed up this weekend, bringing some friends along to share KW with them. I think they will be stoked. Snow, views and no shit show.

Cool - I’ve been thinking those Noctas could be good deep day resort skis. Just got some Anima Freebirds for my pow touring ski.
    I just saw Noctas for sale on STP. 185 for $300
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    So how empty is Squaw normally on Superbowl Sunday?
    I used to love the 49er's playoff runs in the 80's. Squaw was pretty empty on playoff game days. Those days are gone--for Squaw and for the Niners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Is Squaw ever empty?

Just met a SC local who has a place in Truckee and skis Squaw. What a talker. He was telling me how horrible it is. Only a few runs with good coverage and thousands on those few runs. So crowded. I kept trying to interject to let him know that KW has good coverage too to bottom and has not been crowded on the slopes outside the base areas, but no chance. He just kept telling me how bad it is.

I finally asked if he was going up this weekend, and he told me they go up every weekend in the winter, cause they have season passes.

By the end of listening. To him, I realized I’d not want to share a cabin, skin track or chair lift with him, so I never let him know that my family skis as well.

I can’t imagine spending 8 plus hours in the car every weekend to go ski and feel like it sucked.

Headed up this weekend, bringing some friends along to share KW with them. I think they will be stoked. Snow, views and no shit show.
    Skiing is great right now and yes it has been empty, mid week at least. Weekends have some crowds but the lots are barely filing up. Skiing is good chalky wintry snow and corn up high. Headwall, Siberia, Emigrant, Granite all good stuff. Headwall face, north bowl, hogsback, palisades, funnel, break it out, etc all good stuff. KT is very limited and highly exposed at the moment. East Bowl/Tamara's to red dog face has the best coverage. Upper Chute 75 and West Face have been ok snowise but inconsistent because of the inversions, plus the lower 1/3 of both is a shark infested minefield, almost not worth it at this point. The sadle has some good snow but very thin, at least you can reasonably make it from KT to headwall and skip the funitel. Again, zero crowd mid week, so nice.
    The commander of time

Any reports of how KW is holding together through this heat? Forecast is for 80F I’m Santa Cruz Friday. Holy Jeebus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Is Squaw ever empty?

Much as I love KW, it doesn't really make much sense as a destination for someone with a place in Truckee. The only time I go there is if I drive directly from the bay, then afterwards drive to Truckee. But I've never once gone there from Truckee in the morning because it's pretty difficult to drive past a bunch of other ski resorts to spend an hour and 45 minutes in the car each way to get to KW.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    I can't seem to find them, which is probably a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I used to love the 49er's playoff runs in the 80's. Squaw was pretty empty on playoff game days. Those days are gone--for Squaw and for the Niners.
    They were in the three straight NFC championship games not that long ago. I heard those playoff days at the resorts were pretty quiet. In general though, I like skiing on Super Bowl weekend... friend and I had back to back powder days all to ourselves in Breck of all places, believe it or not, and same deal the following year at Alta (Denver was playing so that probably helped).

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    thats where i got mine in the 190. They had all sizes

I can't seem to find them, which is probably a good thing!
    They weren't on page 1 so i checked page 2 they weren't there either. Hit the back button and they were the first result on page 1. weird
    https://www.sierratradingpost.com/bl...kins~d~9694%2F

They weren't on page 1 so i checked page 2 they weren't there either. Hit the back button and they were the first result on page 1. weird
    https://www.sierratradingpost.com/bl...kins~d~9694%2F
    God damnit... I mean, thanks! Haha. Even found a free shipping code. I'm selling off a bunch of gear to make room but still probably a smart move to hide these from the wife!